PDA

View Full Version : Long enough for a Lazy Wrap Bun!

practikalmagik
November 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I know this isn't a huge milestone, but it feels like it to me! I finally have long enough hair to do the Lazy Wrap bun without bits sticking out and it falling down after a few minutes. Hurrah!!! :cheese: just wanted to boast a little!

I'm gonna post some update piccies sometime soon as well, as I've been on here almost a whole year now and my hair is so SO much better for it.

Yey for LHC!

heldiggris
November 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hey, awesome!!:cheese:
I remember when I made my fist LWB. I was as happy as you are now! When I tell other-non hair fanatic-people that I'm happy about making a new bun, they look at me as if they want to say: "Ok, don't worry, the doctor is comin'":D

little_acorn
November 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hey, awesome!!:cheese:
I remember when I made my fist LWB. I was as happy as you are now! When I tell other-non hair fanatic-people that I'm happy about making a new bun, they look at me as if they want to say: "Ok, don't worry, the doctor is comin'":D

I get that comment alot!!

Well done on the first laxy wrap practikalmagik :D

Krifantasy
November 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hooray!
It is definitely nice to see so clearly how your hair has grown. I love it when my hair reaches a new style goal!
Again, Congratulations!

Tangerine
November 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
That's great! Yay :cheese: I love the Lazy Wrap, it looks fab and is quick and easy (great for a lazy bum like me ;) )

jeno
November 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I had to try it and I can do it too!

Carolyn
November 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I just learned the Lazy Wrap Bun. I love it too. I've been such a bun-tard for way too long.

Keildra
November 19th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Congrats and yay for passing awkward phases and milestones

Little_Bird
November 19th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Of course it's a milestone! Every new style you learn, even if it doesn't mean your hair grew much longer, is a milestone ;) Isn't it awesome having new options for your hair?!

:blossom:

practikalmagik
November 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the congrats guys! I'm loving having a new hair do, especially cos it's the first stick-only bun I've managed. Which means new hairstick time at christmas me thinks hee hee. Congrats to you too jeno, we are getting there!

heldiggris
November 20th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Do you post some pics of your LWB? :D

Medievalmaniac
November 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM
It's exciting when you acquire a new skill, even if it is "only" a new bun - and it's double exciting when the acquisition of the skill means you have reached a goal!!

I spent five minutes this morning running through all of my buns with my new hairstick for my students (high school) they were totally fascinated, and I THINK we may have some converts on our hands, now that they see all the "cool" things they can do with long hair!! All the girls who already have long hair were thrilled; they (like me before LHC!) never knew there were so many different ways of doing a bun!! And I didn't even show them anyting truly spectacluar, because my hair is "just" waist-length - I gave them the lazy wrap, celtic knot, connamon bun, braided celtic, braided cinnamon bun, and a figure 8. :D

JamieLeigh
November 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
That's awesome, congratulations on a new style! :D It's absolutely wonderful to celebrate every tiny new thing you discover - it's what keeps the hair journey fun and exciting, at times it can seem difficult and annoying and it helps to have something nice to celebrate. :flower:

prettykitty
June 28th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I only *just* finally figured out how to do this-but I think I broke a few strands of hair pushing the stick through too firmly :(
Lesson learnt, I'll be more careful. The sound it made broke my heart.

bunzfan
June 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Hey that's great up till recently when ever i tried it just looked wrong, but now i have some extra length i can finally do it at mid back guess my thickish hair is to blame!

heatherbelle
June 28th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Yay! That is awesome! Congrats! :cheese: Can't wait until I reach that milestone myself. :D

sugar&nutmeg
June 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Every milestone is an important milestone, imo. Hooray!

Non-long-hairs just won't ever get our excitement. At best, they'll be polite...but there's still that slight look of panic behind their eyes.

dulce
June 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats!!!that is my favorite bun I do as it's so quick and easy.Enjoy!

vanity_acefake
June 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Congratulations. It's always wonderful to reach a new milestone.
:)