PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Chlorella for hair growth?

pinchbeck
November 19th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Since I am a hair-chopper (I cut my hair when it doesn't need to be cut) I would like to gain my length back sooner rather than later.

On the top of the list for supposedly speeding hair growth is of course MSM and biotion.

This week I read about Chlorella (a green marine algae) that is supposed to also work. Side effects that were pointed out were: ingesting too much iron, nausea and vomiting, and something about vitamin K.

If you use this in powder or capsule form, have you seen faster hair growth?

turtlelover
November 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I tried taking this stuff, and it made me soooooo sick. I've never thrown up so much in my life! Apparently a good chunk of the general population is allergic to chlorella, so be careful!

Kris Dove
November 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Never heard of it, but I'm emetophobic so after reading that I won't be touching it with a bargepole and shall check any hair vitamins for it from now on too!

Marions
November 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM
My mother and a few friends use chlorella, not for hair growth but instead of multivitamins and they really like it. Noone had a problem, I'm glad I know some people can be allergic to it as I wanted to try it, I'll be careful now.

Spring
November 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I heard that it helps to detoxify the body and helps in the absorption of the vitamins you take. I'm under the impression that that is what helps to increase growth. Some people said that it's best to start out with very low dosages (3grams or less-I take about 1.5g currently and will slowly raise it next week) and work your way up to larger doses. I buy Kyo-Chlorella from GNC for around $21, the label says it has 19 amino acids.

Because of the expense I haven't been consistent with chlorella as I have been with my other vitamins, so it's hard to say what the benefits have been for me, but I know that after I started taking it, about a month or so later, I noticed an increase in my growth rate. I just don't know if it's a combination of chlorella, msm, and biotin.

Carolyn
November 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Way way back before this incarnation of LHC, I recall a big discussion about Chlorella. Anyone else remember? I think some people took it for a while. I don't remember hearing much about it since. I took something for a while called "Blue Green Algae". I can't remember why I took it or what it was supposed to do. I'm sure it had something to do with hair growth or hair quality.

longhairedfairy
November 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I misread the title as "cholera" at first.:lol:

Gothic Lolita
November 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM

:D LOL well, that definitely wouldn't help you gaining some growth!

Tangerine
November 20th, 2009, 04:14 AM

Me too! I even went ahead and posted it on the misread titles thread on the Friendship board ha ha.

GlassEyes
November 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I had flashbacks to Oregon Trail. :lol:

Anje
November 20th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I had flashbacks to Oregon Trail. :lol:

You have died of dysentary.

longhairedfairy
November 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Wow, never have I been quoted so many times and it was about a horrible illness, of all things, rather than hair. What does that say about me?:laugh: