PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Need Advice

neemac
November 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Good morning Everyone, :)I came across this site while doing research on hair loss. Im almost 41 year old Indian women. Im looking for any advise and insight I can get. I used to have head full of hair and three kids later not so full but it wasn't bad. From year or so my hair is falling out really bad. We have well water and I have been using shampoo and conditioner for well water (named aptly well water shampoo and conditioner) but there is no change, I did wonder if it has anything to do with my being Thalsimia minor (anemic , low iron, even iron supplement doesnot help bring it up) , but that is something I always had and nothing new. I had blood work done (2 weeks ago) everything is good except low vitamin D. My doctor advised me to take combination of Calcium and Vit D which I started 2 days ago.
I take prenatal vitamin as once a day multivitamin, because any other multivitamins doesn't sit well with my stomach and digestive system.
I really appreciate any input.
Thanks and have a good day!!

RancheroTheBee
November 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Well, it takes several months for any vitamin regime to show a difference in your hair. Plus, to have your length thicken up may take as much as a year. Also, what's the ingredient list for your shampoo and conditioner?

Also, welcome. :)

PS: A deficiency in vitamin D can cause hair loss, so I expect a supplement might end up helping.

Pony Girl
November 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
I apologize for hijacking this thread but I don't know how else to get help. I am reasonable new to LHC. The posting rules box in the bottom left hand corner says I can post new threads yet I have no button to press or no other way of posting a whole new thread of my own and am baffled as to what to do.

neemac I see you are listed as a new member and have only posted once yet you are allowed to post new threads obviously since you started this one. Can someone please help me? I have a reply button but no way of starting a post thread???

Pony Girl
November 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hey I figured it out ! Sorry once again I didn't realize there were different sections.

hennared
November 21st, 2009, 02:22 AM
Neemac - I sympathize, as I have been going through the same thing, lost a lot of hair the past year and a half. I am 43. I visit this board to learn about taking care of long hair, but thiere is another site I visit that is more geared towards dealing with women's hair loss, it is here:

http://www.womenshairlossproject.com

There is a network page, where you can sign up to be on the dicsussion board. LOTS of women there, perhaps not many answers, but many bits of answers, food for thought, and TONS of support.

maybe I'll 'see' you there,
Hennared