PDA

View Full Version : CWC with leave-in conditioner

Periwinkle
April 23rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
So recently I've been thinking about giving a CWC wash ago (I've not done one before).

However, my regular conditioner is a leave-in. I shampoo and rinse, then towel-dry my hair and leave conditioner in until it dries.

Is there any way I could use a leave-in conditioner with a CWC wash? If there isn't, would it be overconditioning my hair to do a CWC and then put leave-in in? Or just to CW and then have the last C be my leave-in?

I'm confused! :confused:

Riot Crrl
April 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
You can CW, and as long as it's totally rinsed well, I don't see why you can't keep your last C step the same if it's been working for you. If it is quite heavy though (and/or expensive), you might want to pick up a lighter (cheaper) one to use for the first C.

MeganS
April 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Overconditioning? Is there such a thing? ;)

Seriously, I'm just a newbie, but I do a CWC, followed by a leave-in C fairly frequently. My hair is curly and tends to be pretty dry, so it needs all the conditioning I can throw at it. I would say, if your hair tends to be dry, you might have success with that method.

Or, try it out, and if it doesn't work, change methods. Nothing like experimenting!

(I need a mad scientist emoticon. If you're a Girl Genius fan, then you could be conditioning...FOR SCIENCE!!)

florenonite
April 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
I usually CW followed by oiling or a leave-in (I've gone no-cone so I'm oiling rather than using a leave-in, as it's difficult to find a no-cone leave in). If your avatar is any indication, you're doing fine with just poo and leave-in, so you could try CW with the leave-in for starters and see how it goes.

Riot Crrl
April 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
I usually CW followed by oiling or a leave-in (I've gone no-cone so I'm oiling rather than using a leave-in, as it's difficult to find a no-cone leave in). If your avatar is any indication, you're doing fine with just poo and leave-in, so you could try CW with the leave-in for starters and see how it goes.

I just leave in some of any old conditioner! I have never owned one that is actually marketed as being something you are supposed to leave in. And I've had leave-in in my hair for over 20 years straight, LOL.

missy60
April 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM
The last C could be your leave in if you find that enough for your hair I wouldnt even bother with adding another C. Well actually your leave in would be your last C, usually people use a thicker conditioner for the last C when the first C isnt enough for their hair. If your hair is doing good with this method just continue with it.

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I've been doing CWC for a little while and I use a leave-in after my second C, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to just count your leave-in as the second C. My hair is very wild and needs all the C it can get! :gabigrin:

glitterati
April 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
i also do a cwc + leave in, but i have dry hair, so there's no such thing as overconditioning!

lookingglass
April 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
When I do a CWC I have been using Aubry Organics White Camilla as my 2nd and my leave it. I put in a whole bunch, rinse most of it out to smooth everthing out and detangle, and then put a little more in for a leave in. Now, to get DH to dig the scent...