PDA

View Full Version : Neoma Knot Help?

florenonite
November 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I've been reading the instructions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=152) to the Neoma knot, and I get lost at about number 5. Does anyone know if there are videos of this being done? Or photographic instructions? Or even basic drawings? :lol:

Thanks for any help :)

kittensoupnrice
November 18th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I took a look.
It looks like, essentially, she is doing a chain-stitch to create two loops. She rotates the loops into a figure 8. And then she then holds the two loops with her thumb and finger as she winds the rest of her hair around the figure 8. So, it's essentially the figure 8 loop, but with chain-stitching instead of cinnamon-bun-fold-open-to-8.
She then holds it together by inserting the hair stick through the two chain-stich loops, just like in the figure 8 bun.

teela1978
November 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I get lost on 3... if you're holding it in your left hand, and bring it up... do you carry it to the right or left (I'm guessing left)... and how is it draping over the palm?

AutumnSky
November 18th, 2009, 01:36 PM
It's draping over the palm *side*...took me a minute too.

I brought the pony over my left wrist, then lispped the resulting loop down to thumb and finger, then wrapped the tail under my hand and uded thumb and forefinger to pull up a loop. Spread the two loops apart, wrapped the ends to tuck, and pinned through both loops....

Does that help?

teela1978
November 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM
It's draping over the palm *side*...took me a minute too.

I brought the pony over my left wrist, then lispped the resulting loop down to thumb and finger, then wrapped the tail under my hand and uded thumb and forefinger to pull up a loop. Spread the two loops apart, wrapped the ends to tuck, and pinned through both loops....

Does that help?

Ah... I was thinking that the palm was facing down...

pepperminttea
November 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I get lost on 3... if you're holding it in your left hand, and bring it up... do you carry it to the right or left (I'm guessing left)... and how is it draping over the palm?

I'm finding the same problem, though I kind of assumed it was just me not having enough hair yet. :(

florenonite
November 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks kittensoupnrice and AutumnSky for the explanations, but I'm still really confused. Do you make a full round your left hand? Or a half-turn?

AutumnSky
November 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ultimately, you'll make a full turn, but for that step, just a half turn. Flip it over your wrist, towards your head, and let it hang.