PDA

View Full Version : Whats your easiest most protective winter bun?

pdy2kn6
November 18th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Hey, not long to go until Christmas. I was hoping to expand my potential bun styles to keep my hair as protected as much as possible in the winter, especially as its really windy here. What do you find the easiest, and most protective bun to be on whatever hairlength you have?.

Lozzie
November 18th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Usually i wrap it in a big figure eight and use a big plastic grip on it. Today i have it down despite all the wind here (it is dark and cold already!) I blow dried this morning for the first time in ages and it is lovely and smooth :-) A sock bun is always good as it totally covers my ends. I guess it does depend on what type of hair you have too.

RoseRedDead
November 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Hands down, the Lazy Wrap bun, as per the instructions in the Articles section.

You can make it very tight/snug, and it keeps the ends well under wraps. Plus, you only need one stick.

jojo
November 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
A number 8 bun for me held in with a hair stick, lasts all day

JamieLeigh
November 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
My easiest and most protective are two different things, lol....

My easiest is the "bun that stays", courtesy of spidermom. :D

My most protective is a regular cinnabun with bobby pins. The difference between a cinnabun and what I call a bee-butt bun, is that each time I wrap the twisted hair around the center part, every bit of it lays flat against my head. Since it's all flat like that, I can wear it easily under a hood or a cap, which imho means it's better protected from the cold and wind than stick styles.

Stick styles would be more protected from the rubbing of a hood or cap though.

myotislucifugus
November 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Celtic knot bun... should be fine for BSL and longer. Looks pretty and kinda complicated but holds and stays like gangbusters.

pdy2kn6
November 19th, 2009, 11:03 AM
thanks for the comments guys, I hope I get more comments so I can expand my potential protective hairstyles!

Kerynna
November 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Another vote for the lazy wrap - it's certainly my easiest. It's the only one I dare do without a mirror, it's that reliable. Also, I do my figure 8 buns horizontally ("infinity bun") because I like the look better for my shape of head. I find it stays really well and definitely protects.

Angela_Rose
November 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I just do a cinnabun that stays without pins. It lays flat enough against the back of my head that I can put it in a hat or hood.

Rentlle
November 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
a lazy wrap bun here too..
It's just fast made and it's protective for my ends..
and i need only 1 stick, so happy me :)

Little_Bird
November 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I also like the zay wrap bun because it is not very hard on my roots and it stays for a long time. Still, it doesn't last all day for me...

I also love the chinese bun, this might be my favorite, as for lasting all day style. I put it up and I don't have to botter about it for hours and hours to go...

Today I discovered a new one tough! A tuck in french braid! I'm still wearing it, and it feels incredibly comfortable, and it pulls zero! I'm in love with it!

Good luck on trying out all these styles :flower:

Finoriel
November 20th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Old version of the inside-out bun :) imo most protective, fast, compact and comfortable bun for classic+ length.

Bene
November 20th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Lazy wrap bun. It's fast, easy, and holds well.

pdy2kn6
November 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I love the lazy wrap bun, it holds so well. Sometimes it takes afew attempts to look good, but I think thats just because I'm abit OCD like that. Its got to look smooth all around for me

jasper
November 20th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I love the lazy wrap bun, it holds so well. Sometimes it takes afew attempts to look good, but I think thats just because I'm abit OCD like that. Its got to look smooth all around for me
I'll take several tries with the lazy wrap some days! :cheese: I think it doesn't qualify as "lazy" on those days! But actually, it really is easy.

82exoticbeauty
November 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
My easiest most protective winter bun is the almost the sexy librarian/to formal type of hair! But I don't use hair sprays, bobby pins, or Bump-Its, and I don't tease my hair into creating poofy hair!
Mine is just as simple easy updo! Even my hair is down to 1/2 inch middle of my bottom, I can create that updo making everyone think my hair is about waist-length!
Mine is 2 hair claw clips from the Goody accessories (ouchless), the soft fabric elastic bands (same to rubber bands, but it's a soft thick fabric that protects the hair without tugging and breaking the hair), and another hair clip holder from the Goody accessories - barrettes are the classic ones called comfort-flex updo barrette!

Speckla
November 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
A granny bun held in place with a flexi 8.

Jessikinz
November 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Infinity bun, figure 8, and a braided bun. Those are usually the only hairstyles I can pull off in the winter time as I don't like wearing hair sticks that much.

mira-chan
November 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Braided bun. It's extra easy as I sleep with a braid and buns hide the fuzziness of day or two old braids. :D

camirra555
November 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Cinnabun. It's the only one I know how to do :)

MsBubbles
November 25th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Even though I have much less hair than her, I love JJJ's pretzel bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElSCHnzYtM8), held with either 2 medium sized claw clips, or a bunch of mini ones. Either way it holds solid all day, is a cinch to put up even for my updo-challenged self, and doesn't pull. Plus there's no hair twisting required. This one works even as my hair grows longer.