PDA

View Full Version : Need encouragement

ilovelonghair
November 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I don't see any progress lately, my hair is always shrinking! This is my real length:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=55599

and here it is behaving badly:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=55600

The ends are always separating. In this picture I used jojoba oil, that tames them for 5 minutes, but they are already fluffy in the picture. My hair is basically never bahaved: it normally doesn't look like in this picture, it's much more 'wild' LOL.
I'm happy with my henna red though :)

RecklessCharlie
November 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
You colour is amazing!! I would love to know what mix you used to acheive that.

It is frustrating when hair doesn't obey, or cooperate with us.
I think your hair looks beautiful just the way it is -
I often wish my straight hair would be more fluffy sometimes, but it simply wont. I learning to embrace and love it for what it is!

JCFantasy23
November 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM
We are all naturally harder on our own hair. I think your hair is beautiful too :)

Dars
November 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM
It looks like the wind just swept it to the side. Shrinkage sucks though, my pace feels like a snail! Your hair looks really awesome, I'm considering hennaing next week.

jera
November 18th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Looks like fairy tale ends and those can frequently look like they're shrinking even though they aren't. Your color is awesome BTW. :D

Aditi
November 18th, 2009, 01:27 AM
You have awesome color and waves can't figure the length as wind swept it but i don't see them shrinking.

jojo
November 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I love your hair, the colour is so natural looking too...beautiful!

Tangerine
November 18th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I agree with everyone else, I think your hair is beautiful! Not just the colour, but the shape as well. I love fairy tails, and wild-looking hair :)

I get the shrinkage too - I can pull my longest parts down to past hip, but when it hangs free it looks more like it is only just past waist. Not sure there is much we can do about that ... apart from letting it grow longer :D

I really hope you will feel better about your hair, especially after reading everybody's encouraging responses. Because it really is lovely! :blossom:

MsBubbles
November 18th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Your hair is beautiful! But I'm not sure what you mean by always shrinking. How are you keeping record of that: are you measuring it and getting different numbers, or are you basing it on body landmarks, etc?

Dani
November 18th, 2009, 09:24 AM
That, my friend, is called gorgeous wavy windy awesomeness. Your hair is being exactly what it is! No need to fret or frown. :D

JamieLeigh
November 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
You have a gorgeous color! It looks amazing with your length. Cheer up - it'll grow. One day you'll be sitting on it, and you'll look back and laugh! ;) :flower:

pinchbeck
November 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
You have nice length and waves. I used your photo albums as a reference to see your hair. The last few inches of you hair is on the thinner side and is see through (refer to photo of you wearing a houndstooth print dress) which will tend to make it a bit wild because of its light-weight nature. I wonder if your hair is breaking which will look like it isn't growing. Examine your last few inches of hair to determine if this is happening.

friskybiznus
November 18th, 2009, 02:44 PM
We are all naturally harder on our own hair. I think your hair is beautiful too :)

Yeah, I agree. I know I am more critcal of my hair than other people. Your hair is really pretty -- love, love the color and fairytale ends!

ilovelonghair
November 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks everybody :).

By 'shrinking' I mean it looks much longer when wet or stretched out, but due to it's wavy and unruly behavior it tends to look more bra strap length.
I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the ends from being too fluffy. But I live near the beach so there is always wind.

And of course I'm more critical of my own hair than of other people's hair and I'm impatient :D

Paliele
November 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I don't think that it looks BSL in your second picture. Not as long as it is stretched, of course, but waist at the very shortest. I think it looks great.

Autumnberry
November 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I will say, as several others have, that the color is simply gorgeous and very natural, too. Also, many folks actually spend time braiding (or even use heat shudder:) to try and acquire the beautiful waves that your hair gives you without any effort!!

I can relate to the easy-tangling and fly-away thing. My assert that my hair is absolutely the most unruly mane on LHC. It's very frustrating to have to comb it out so often whether outdoors or even indoors (how does that happen?). In the 80s they used to recommend hairspray for this problem, but we know better (yikes). I wish I could recommend a natural product, but I haven't found anything that protects without causing clumping.

Thanks for posting the pics, because your hair is beautiful to look at!

ilovelonghair
November 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Aww thanks for the compliments again :)

I can relate to the easy-tangling and fly-away thing. My assert that my hair is absolutely the most unruly mane on LHC. It's very frustrating to have to comb it out so often whether outdoors or even indoors (how does that happen?).

We should have an 'unruly hair-thread' :D, or is there already one?

hmmm
November 19th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I don't see any unruliness that couldn't have been the wind :p
And your colour is just :thud:worthy. I wish my hair was that long!

Gypsygirl
November 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I agree with everyone else! i love the way your ends look and that second picture is gorgeous! :) Don't be so hard on yourself!

Isa-belle
November 19th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I think you hair is gorgeous!
My hair shrinks a lot too, due to the waves. But I wouldn't like super straight hair for all that.
Waves add body and interest to your hair, ilovelonghair.
You truly have beautiful hair :flower:

ilovelonghair
November 25th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Awwww thanks :). I actually got a compliment from my mother yesterday, she hasn't seen me for 11 months and she grabbed my hair and said: 'you have such thick hair now, it looks normal now, not thin like it was before'. Very happy with that yay!

Tangerine
November 25th, 2009, 05:43 AM
That's great! Yay for nice hair compliments :)

YoginiCelestial
November 25th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Awwww thanks :). I actually got a compliment from my mother yesterday, she hasn't seen me for 11 months and she grabbed my hair and said: 'you have such thick hair now, it looks normal now, not thin like it was before'. Very happy with that yay!

See, it's not as bad as you think! It's very lovely and that color is so amazing!

ilovelonghair
December 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
See, it's not as bad as you think! It's very lovely and that color is so amazing!

The secret is henna ;)