PDA

View Full Version : Bangs? I need some help here.

LoversLullaby
November 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Right now I am having problems deciding what to do with my bangs. I have side bangs to the right side of my head that I got when I used to heat style my hair. If I don't use a hair straightener on them, they flip out in a really weird way and I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Is there a way to maybe get them not to flip without heading for heat? Or should I just grow them out?

They've been feeling particularly gross, dried, and damaged, so I need something to do with them that looks good too without heat.

Here's what they look like straight on:
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww328/PoeticEssence/460060708_1606135517_0.jpg

And here's a picture of what the odd flippy thing looks like that I'm talking about:
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww328/PoeticEssence/460060299_1606133938_436606829_1258.jpg

Any suggestions?? =)

Yarn Muse
November 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I'm trying to grow out bangs, too, but I am pretty sure I'm going to keep just a few. My hair is wavy so sometimes I let the bangs be curly and scrunch them with the rest of my hair and sometimes I (ssshhh) blow dry just the bangs with a no-heat setting on my blow dryer. I don't blow dry the rest of my hair.

I think you need to decide if you're going to grow them out. Grow out part of them and leave a few maybe? Can you clip them back? There are all kinds of cute clips and bobby pins. What about a little hair gel...just a bit...on your bangs? Sometime without alcohol?

Those are just a few ideas off the top of my head. Happy growing!

LoversLullaby
November 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks! I think I'm going to try scrunching them with the rest of my hair the next time I wash it. I've never thought of that one.

Kaileida
November 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Pins and lots of them! Hahaha. I've done the awkward growing out bangs thing before, but my hair is pretty much stick straight to my temples, so it's not such a big deal for me. Good luck!

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
If I clip mine back while they are drying they dry out of the way and pretty much the same as I clipped them. You could put a little gel on them to help them do that. I use heat since I keep mine trimmed though but if you are growing them out then you are right not to do that.

Anje
November 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'm not a bangs person (grew them out in 4th grade and am never going back!), but if you want to heat style your bangs, I say you should go right ahead. Styling may cause too much wear and tear on long hair to do it more than occasionally, but your bangs are short and likely to get trimmed regularly, so they're not going to get splitty and gross if you abuse them a little. If you decide to grow them out, the styled part might need occasional trims, but it won't be bad.

julliams
November 18th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I actually like the flippy thing. I think it looks nice.

Juliette

Tornerose
November 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I agree with Julliams. The flippy thing looks really nice, I try to get mine to lay like that.
But like the others said, you can heatstyle your bangs, theyre short and probably grows enough to leave you with completetely virgin bangs twice a year or thereabouts.

LawyerGirl
November 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I just let my bangs flip out... but if I needed to tame them I would use one big roller just for the bangs.

pinchbeck
November 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I think you should grow them out. Your bangs look a bit heavy on you.

Toadstool
November 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I think the flippy thing looks really cute on you! You are so pretty!

share801
November 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM
It took me YEARS to figure out I was better off without bangs on my wavy stubborn hair but it is so much easier without them. I used headbands to get thru the awkward stages and am so glad I did.

spidermom
November 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Have you ever tried pushing your bangs straight back with a bit of styling product and seeing where they naturally fall without styling? If you do that, you may find that the "odd flippy thing" becomes a beautiful wave or even curl.

Clarisse
November 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I would grow them out. Or at least grow some of them out - they seem to be very heavy.
Have you to part the bangs in the center and tug them behind your ears/ sweeping them to the sides? Perhaps with som Aloe Vera gel?

Happy growing :)

prittykitty
November 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I part mine right down the middle and let them grow. Sometimes I use clips to straighten them a little while they dry. A middle part will keep them out of your face while they grow. I also know people who pull their bangs back in a clip, that is if they are long enough which yours looks like they are.

Gypsygirl
November 19th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I second what Spidermom said...

Your bangs do look pretty, but if you want to keep them, you might want to get them layered a bit... Mine behave a lot better like that and I don't get that "chunk effect" anymore, either- so I basically just blow them dry (using a simple Denman brush) and that's it!