PDA

View Full Version : Twice a year trim club!

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I am planning to just do twice yearly trims at my hairdressers. Though I get impatient and still get urges to cut, anybody else wanna join?

RancheroTheBee
November 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM
:hmm: Mayhaps. I tentatively joined the no-trim club, knowing full well that I have a trim slated for February. Perhaps I will join you, jojo. :grin:

Keildra
November 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm basically already in it even though I haven't had a trim since January

Leneveu
November 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I think I've been in this club all my life...:p

mellie89
November 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm in! I trimmed in July, planning on going again in January. I'm going to tell them to trim an inch off the bottom and even up my layers. Since I'm growing out damage and junk, I don't mind if I end up getting a little more taken off.

And I agree with Leneveu! I guess I've just always been low maintenance, but I can't remember the last time I had more than 2 haircuts in one year, even when I wasn't trying to grow it.

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
:hmm: Mayhaps. I tentatively joined the no-trim club, knowing full well that I have a trim slated for February. Perhaps I will join you, jojo. :grin:ha you sound like me, i joined this last year and lasted like 3 months:D

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm basically already in it even though I haven't had a trim since January WOW and your hair looks so neat and lovely too. I just havent the will power to stick to a once a year trim, my hair is so baby fine it just gets ratty. I was going to trim every 4 months but hoping to stretch to twice yearly. My hairdressers really good, like I still need to get my roots done every 4 months, but she doesnt insist that I trim so all good!

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
good to see some like minded hairy folk:bowtome: my next trim is scheduled for May 2010, though I get my highlights (roots) done in March, mmmmmm maybe the best plan for me would be;

March-roots
July 2010- 1/2" trim
November-roots & dust
= (fingers crossed) 5" growth= 32" :D

Looks good in theory, hope the practical works as well!

What are all your plans?

celelu
November 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I'm in! Twice a year, at spring and at fall, I sit in front of my mom so that she trims 1 or 1/2 inch. I had the fall one three weeks ago, and my hair is very happy with it! :)

Elphie
November 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I've been doing this for a year now, I trim in April and usually in November but I had my sister do it a tad early (Oct.) because I was going on vacation and figured it was as good a time as any. So far, so good!

Katurday
November 17th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Oh definetly count me in!
I was in the once a year club (the non existant one), and when I get my trim at the end of November, I'll start arranging a date six months later, and six months after that!
This is gonna be a lot of fun. Its much easier than I thought it would be a year ago.

EDIT: Or do you ladies think I should hold off until the end of the year and then get my next trim in June? (June is good growing for me)

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I would personally trim in your slow months and let it get its full potential during growth spurts, my growth spurt is just coming up normally December through till February so no trims for me during this time!

So great to see a lot us here! now if I moan and go on about cutting...shoot me!

Elphie
November 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I personally like timing my trims before the holidays (the reason I chose Nov.) and April just winds up to be six months later as my birthday month.

camirra555
November 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I want in! I haven't had a trim since April 3rd. I wanted to try and make it to a year but I don't think my hair can handle it. I'll probably go in December, January

turtlelover
November 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm joining! :-)

jojo
November 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
YAY! more of us than I thought!

I have in the past gone from pixie/V short heavy layered bob like length to APL with out a cut, its easier when hair is shorter, nowadays I am moving closer to waist and no way could I go longer than 4 months without a trim, but I am determined to go for just 2 trims a year if it kills me! Thinking about it, I have had 2 trims at the hairdressers this year (did do some light dustings before I found a long hairdresser) so in theory I have done this, this year and I also have no visable splits either, I dont S&D as I am way too impatient and cannot see the point of sitting there for god knows how many hours searching and going cross eyed! Maybe the fact a hairdresser is cutting my hair, (sharper scissors) is why I am not getting splits?

Welcome and good luck to every body, if we stick to this, we should all be at least 5" longer this time next year!