PDA

View Full Version : Awesome updo!

Eireann
November 17th, 2009, 06:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hz7HvxF_Rs

Anje
November 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Looks like a big loose inside-out bun. Very pretty.

GeoJ
November 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Wow, that is a slightly looser version of my favorite quick bun! Except I loop the hair from underneath at the start.

Lemur_Catta
November 17th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Awesome hair too, it looks like silk!

elianne
November 17th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Pretty hair in the video! I wonder if that is her natural color? (Jealousy if it is....)

Also, is that the same bun as a nautilus bun, or very similar?

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
It is pretty much the same as for the Nautilus Bun, but she places the hairstick a bit differently.

elianne
November 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
It is pretty much the same as for the Nautilus Bun, but she places the hairstick a bit differently.

Thanks! I thought that was it, otherwise I've been doing the nautilus wrong for years ;)

Akiko
November 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Like the video!

Is Natutilus Bun the same as Inside-out bun? Is there any difference??

Anje
November 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I think they're the exact same thing. Heck, I'm pretty sure the Lazy Wrap bun is the same thing, too.

Akiko
November 17th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I think they're the exact same thing. Heck, I'm pretty sure the Lazy Wrap bun is the same thing, too.

Thank you, Anje! I have been really confused about the two.:confused: You are right! I think Lazy Wrap bun seems like the same updo, too.:)

JamieLeigh
November 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
:thud: That is some gorgeous hair!

Tangerine
November 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Thank you, Anje! I have been really confused about the two.:confused: You are right! I think Lazy Wrap bun seems like the same updo, too.:)

Are you sure? Because I do my Lazy Wrap differently from my Nautilus (which I do very similarly to this video), and it comes out looking quite different too ... :confused:

I do the LW bun according to the instructions in the Articles section. It basically involves no twisting and no knot-like construction, which the Nautilus (almost) does. If that makes sense .. :D

little_acorn
November 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Are you sure? Because I do my Lazy Wrap differently from my Nautilus (which I do very similarly to this video), and it comes out looking quite different too ... :confused:

I do the LW bun according to the instructions in the Articles section. It basically involves no twisting and no knot-like construction, which the Nautilus (almost) does. If that makes sense .. :D

I do mine the same as you Tangerine LOLZ we could both be wrong!!

Olivia23
November 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Love the video and her hair. I'm confused though. I typed her name in and she has several videos, but in her June 2008 video she has what looks like henna red hair and no tattoos, then in an September 2008 video she has dark brown hair and many tatoos on both upper arms. I guess I was wondering if it's the same person. I'm sure it is and henna does look different in different lights but I thought the tatoos were odd due to having so many tatoos done in such a short period of time.

Themyst
November 17th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I thought it looked the same as Spidermom's Stay Put Bun or whatever it was called -

Paliele
November 17th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Wow, her red hair is gorgeous! That's the color I was going for when I henna'd, but my starting color is too dark to achieve it. :(

nueinsel
November 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah, she essentially has my dream hair. Watching her tutorials is what made me decide to grow mine out most recently. I haven't been back to look at her videos in nearly a year, though, and I'm happy to find my hair is long enough to successfully go up in this style now!

Akiko
November 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM

I understand what you mean. It's confusing. I think basically these buns are very similar. You make a loop and wrap the rest of the hair around the base. Then secure it by inserting a stick through the base. LW does not require any twisting. But others do. I hope it makes sense. :o

Tressie
November 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for sharing this! It's a lovely bun, whatever you call it~ but I'm pretty sure my hair would slide out of this with only one stick. Maybe even with two sticks, as loose as this looks! (o:

JCFantasy23
November 17th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Very pretty updo! I hate when they go so fast you can't keep up in videos though.

jessie58
November 17th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I was too mesmerized by the gorgeous hair to even notice the hairstyle. :thud:

Masara
November 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Love the video and her hair. I'm confused though. I typed her name in and she has several videos, but in her June 2008 video she has what looks like henna red hair and no tattoos, then in an September 2008 video she has dark brown hair and many tatoos on both upper arms. I guess I was wondering if it's the same person. I'm sure it is and henna does look different in different lights but I thought the tatoos were odd due to having so many tatoos done in such a short period of time.

Isa and No are two people. They have a really interesting website about hair care in French. Here's the link to the English version http://isaetno.free.fr/indexeng.html
I just wish I had her thickness

Tangerine
November 18th, 2009, 03:15 AM
I do mine the same as you Tangerine LOLZ we could both be wrong!!

Tee hee ~ well, at least we're not alone :laugh:

I understand what you mean. It's confusing. I think basically these buns are very similar. You make a loop and wrap the rest of the hair around the base. Then secure it by inserting a stick through the base. LW does not require any twisting. But others do. I hope it makes sense. :o

Yes I suppose they are all in the same family of buns, so to speak :D Still, mine do vary quite a bit ... :shrug:

Anyway yes, whatever the bun, it is gorgeous hair she's got!