PDA

View Full Version : Last night at work..

NurseMama
November 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM
The secretary at my job has lovely tb bordering on classic length hair. I have complimented her on it a few times and mentioned this site, but I doubt that she has ever visited. Last night we were sitting around during a slow lull (I was in triage so we are just waiting for an emergency basically) and she asks the tech to cut her hair with the regular ol' paper scissors :scissors:! Ack! I mention that using those scissors will cause split ends because they have been used on paper and she doesn't care! The tech cuts off at least 12 inches :eek:!!! Her hair is now barely waist!

It was truly horrifying.:disgust: I left quickly and found something to do :run:. I didn't want my hair anywhere near that action!

Cat Lady
November 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Ugh! Sounds like an impulse decision. Hopefully she doesn't regret it :(

Quixii
November 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Oh no! I agree with Cat Lady. :(

friskybiznus
November 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Oh my gosh - I wonder what got in to her?! That sounds pretty horrific!

pradabacon
November 16th, 2009, 11:19 PM
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/scared/5.gif

Why?!

RancheroTheBee
November 16th, 2009, 11:34 PM
What a completely odd thing to do at work!

ericthegreat
November 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Its sad to hear about that. It is of course her hair and we have to remember that everyone has their own individual reasons for both growing their hair long and also deciding to cut it.

Perhaps she was simply having too much trouble detangling her hair at such a beautifully long length. Working in a hospital/health clinic means that you are on call and have to be on your feet at any moment, so with that kind of job perhaps she felt it was more convenient to simply go much shorter than to secure it in some sort of bun. Also, its quite possible that she simply grew her hair of of neglect rather than actually planning to go for classic length, so she simply figured enough's enough and she decided to have a friend cut her hair back to a more manageable length for her.

Think of it this way.............now that you've seen what you DON'T want to have done to your hair, you yourself will know better. ;)

23_seconds
November 16th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Eek! Nothing wrong with her decision to go short but the manner of how she had it cut is so odd! :disbelief I also hope she doesn't regret it.

camirra555
November 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Eek! Nothing wrong with her decision to go short but the manner of how she had it cut is so odd! :disbelief I also hope she doesn't regret it.

I agree. Wow...

Gypsygirl
November 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Oh my... :rolleyes:

jera
November 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/scared/5.gif

Why?!

My reaction exactly. Impulse cuts always made me miserable which is why I never do that any more. EVER ! :disgust:

mizk5110
November 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
The very fact that it was scissors used in the ED would be enough to make me want to :run:

Seriously. I work med-surg and there is NO WAY in hades I would let anyone near my hair with ANYTHING work-related!

prittykitty
November 17th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I am surprised that she was allowed to have her hair cut in the work place. I would never let just anyone cut my hair, especially at work.

hanne jensen
November 17th, 2009, 02:03 AM
:rolleyes:I guess I'm really a LHC'er now. When I read this, I got slightly nauseous and dizzy...

Bereft
November 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM
:rolleyes:I guess I'm really a LHC'er now. When I read this, I got slightly nauseous and dizzy...
Same here. I've never heard of someone want to chop all of theyre hair off in such an unusual way. Very odd...

tarn
November 17th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Bizarre!!! Huh... Definately sounds like an impulse thing.

longhairedfairy
November 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM
That's just... really weird. Would it not be considered a health hazard of some kind to cut it in the workplace (unless it's a salon, obviously)?

GlassEyes
November 17th, 2009, 04:48 AM
That's, erm, odd. Not so much the desire to cut off a foot of hair, but the place in which it was done.

To be honest, not everyone, even those with long hair, thinks of it the same way we do on here. To her, it might not be much of a loss. :shrug: It is still waist, after all.

The place, on the other hand, is awkward. o-o;;

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 06:28 AM
In am eviroment thats supposed to promote health too lucky the matron didnt do a suprise visit!

We have matrons at the hospital where I work and they'd be on you like a ton of bricks if we were caught doing this!

Sounds like a rash decision, hope she doesnt live to regret it!

JamieLeigh
November 17th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Wow...that is too weird. I'm with some of these other posters, when I go back to work I'll be an RN, and I would swallow razors before I'd let any type of scissors that were just laying around in a hospital on a table anywhere NEAR my hair. :eek: *shudders*

girloctopus
November 17th, 2009, 08:29 AM
That location for haircutting is the oddest thing about the whole story. I work as an EMT and the last thing I do is touch my hair when I am on duty, no matter how bored I am! I would not be playing with it (or cutting it) in the ED.

Kuchen
November 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Well, some people just don't mind. I have a friend with a cloud of thick, curly hair, and she regularly gets her husband to just hack a chunk off with the kitchen scissors. She's just not that bothered. :shrug:

Laululintu
November 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Well, some people just don't mind. I have a friend with a cloud of thick, curly hair, and she regularly gets her husband to just hack a chunk off with the kitchen scissors. She's just not that bothered. :shrug:

This.

I do have to admit that the place she decided to cut her hair was a little unorthodox, but otherwise :shrug:

Carolyn
November 17th, 2009, 08:54 AM
People do strange things :rolleyes: I'm appalled at someone doing something so unprofessional at work. Actually I hope she regrets it :confused:

SHELIAANN1969
November 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I wonder if she was trying to cut for some *locks of love* donation or something and was just misguided?

Did she keep the hair?

jojo
November 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Wow...that is too weird. I'm with some of these other posters, when I go back to work I'll be an RN, and I would swallow razors before I'd let any type of scissors that were just laying around in a hospital on a table anywhere NEAR my hair. :eek: *shudders*
So many Rn's on here, nice to meet another one! and i totally agree with your post!

CestMadeleine
November 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Oh dear, I wonder what brought on that impulsive action. I hope everything is okay with her.

Lamb
November 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
In am eviroment thats supposed to promote health too lucky the matron didnt do a suprise visit!

We have matrons at the hospital where I work and they'd be on you like a ton of bricks if we were caught doing this!

Sounds like a rash decision, hope she doesnt live to regret it!

That's what I thought. Impulse haircuts in a hospital? WTH?
A very weird scenario. Not so much the decision to cut, but the fact that she couldn't wait to make it to the nearest salon at the end of her day or on her next day off. Or even go home and do it herself.

spidermom
November 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Better her than me.

Teakafrog
November 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Almost sounds like...dare I say, some sort of mental issue? Not to cut her hair, but to do it AT WORK?!?!?!? And in a hospital at that?? I'm a nurse too, and that is just nasty. Not only for her, but for the general cleanliness of the hospital environment to have cut hairs flying around in what may need to become a sterile environment if a procedure needs done quickly. Ewwww.

NurseMama
November 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with all of you! It was really so strange... Afterwards she said something about having 6" off, I said um, no more like 12"! She had no reaction to that, other than to say that it felt so strange because it was so much shorter. She did say that she was planning on cutting it andhaving some layers added, so it didn't sound completely like an impulse decision.

She was not a LHC'er by any means. Her hair is nearly always down and I have seen her use those same desk scissors to trim off split ends.

It was very surreal...

little_acorn
November 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Wierd, but if she's happy *shrug*

Though I have to say it gave me the creeps

SHELIAANN1969
November 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Oh lordy, it sounds like a Candid Camera, Boiling Point or Punk'd episode! :bigeyes: