PDA

View Full Version : Oiling immediately after henna?

HennaFaerie
November 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I did a stupid thing and fried my hair by forgetting I still had about 5" of indigo. Tried to bleach my hair and the results were, well, :brains:. Anyway, I slept with henna on my head and was curious if it would be OK to drench it in coconut oil now? Would it hinder oxidation?

Cherry_Sprinkle
November 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
It's fine to oil after Henna, I have to because henna makes my hair so dry.

Heidi_234
November 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I use coconut oil after henna too, no problems. If the henna is there, it's there for good. You might maybe, maybe, get slower oxidation, but I doubt that.

HennaFaerie
November 16th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks. Slathering coconut oil .... NOW! lol

nowxisxforever
November 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I always oil mine just after hennaing since the henna makes it so stiff and dry.

I hope it turns out well for you!!

HennaFaerie
November 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks to everyone! I'm STILL sitting here with oil on my head - 24 hours later. My poor poor thirsty hair :( Hopefully it will feel better when I wash it out.

camirra555
November 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I also oil after henndigo because my hair gets really. I haven't had any problems

Zombiekins
November 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I oil mine generously after hennaing and leave things be for as long as possible - a week is ideal with four days being about the norm. It's really hard to have that sticky, stiff feeling for multiple days in a row. The oil helps with the dryness.

atina
November 18th, 2009, 06:02 AM
thanks i was wondering about oiling after henna have so far waited a week cos of being so nervous about spoiling the colour will oil next time tho :D

Gothic Lolita
November 18th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I only do glosses, and only for 1h, so the dryness isn't as bad as with full-strength henna. After rinsing it out, I apply a ton of rich conditioner and let it soak in for as long as I can stand. After rinsing that out, I get rid of left-over henna in my hair and my hair is super moisturized.

Tomato
November 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sometimes I oil my hair immediatly after henna, sometimes I don't.
I do not notice any difference in the oxidation speed.
Good luck for you and your hair!