PDA

View Full Version : Long haired couples :)

Pburgh56
November 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I love seeing long haired couples. It is nice to see two people growing out their hair and completing their hair journey together. Does anyone agree?

hippiechick1976
November 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM
My hunny and I are growing our hair. Mines waist and his is between shoulder and BSL. He always wears it pulled back. You can see a pic as my main pic Facebook. Link on bottom.

camirra555
November 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I completely agree. It is definitely cute to see!

JamieLeigh
November 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I immediately thought of TammySue and DavidN when I saw this topic, as I just visited both of their profile pages to say hello and saw their wonderfully cute photos of the two of them together. :crush: Le sigh!

Long-haired couples do attract my eye more frequently than the mundane-looking ones, I will admit. :)

Ina
November 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I definitely agree! It is cute to see long haired couples.

MadPirateBippy
November 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hubs #2 just had to cut his hair, which was shoulder length, and Hubs #1 might have to for work...:(

A week ago I had TWO long haired husbands, now I have one and he has been looking for an excuse to cut forever. I won't let him because he shaved his head two days before our first date, and hasn't cut his hair since. However, he works for the police and does government contracting for the military, soooo.... the only reason he hasn't already had to cut is he told his boss why I don't want him to, and she thought it was so romantic she's on my side now! Muahaha!

RecklessCharlie
November 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I love seeing long haired couples.
Mainly I just like seeing guys with long hair!
Not every one can pull it off, but if they can it looks magnificent.

Rivanariko
November 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
DBF is in the military, so he's not allowed to grow his hair at the moment, but he's promised that as soon as he's out, he's not cutting it anymore. :D

RancheroTheBee
November 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Not only did I convince my DBF to grow out his hair, but I even convinced him to start COing. His hair is now to-die-for soft. :D

enfys
November 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'm half of a mundane couple, and happy with it.

Hairstyles don't matter as much as body language, but I like when you can see the couple have strong shared interests, whether it's hair, music, piercings, tattoos, whatever.

Othala
November 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hubby and I are both longhairs, growing to terminal. He is at...well...BSL...what is that for a man???? I am at waist length.

morguebabe
November 16th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I love it, my DBF and I are a long haired couple. (his pictures are in my albums)

pdy2kn6
November 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I immediately thought of TammySue and DavidN when I saw this topic, as I just visited both of their profile pages to say hello and saw their wonderfully cute photos of the two of them together. :crush: Le sigh!

lol, I immediately thought of that happy long haired couple too!

practikalmagik
November 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
my DBF and I are both long-hairs, in fact his is longer than mine! Damn! lol. I was a v short hair when we started going out but I'm catching him up (he's a bit shy of waist and needs a trim, I'm almost at BSL).

Although he's been growing his hair long for aaaages, it's only really since we started going out that he's taken good care of it, as I've taught him all about combing instead of brushing, sleeping with it in some kind of braid or pony-tail and so on.

I love it, and I think it makes us stand out a little more then just the usual (not that being usual is bad).

Only downside? We both have thick (esp me) and v wavy hair which means we have to keep on top of the little hair-dust-bunnies that seem to be magnetically attracted to the floor or the bathroom!

celelu
November 16th, 2009, 02:38 PM
My DBF has APL hair, and I looove it, since he usually wears it in a ponytail attached with a black ribbon, 18th-century style... I whish I had a picture where you can see it well.
It's so romantic when our manes overlap and mix together on the pillow...
I even once braided some of his hair in my own braid, without him noticing before he was well caught, LOL!

fisher2
November 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
i like to think i fit in here see my icon at the time hers was waist now its as long as mine

Shield31
November 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I too like to see the long haired coupled out there in the real world. Here is a picture of my DW from about 1 1/2 years ago. She has the spectacular hair that so many others on this site are blessed with. She isn't a member here and has no big interest in joining :(. She is traveling for her job right now. But when she returns, I will have to get a photo of us together and upload it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=55510&albumid=2431&dl=1258408123&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2431&pictureid=55510)

little_acorn
November 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Dh and I are both long hairs :D

Dh has gold curls and sprials to mid back and I'm a wavy to mid back :D

Fractalsofhair
November 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
My somewhat boyfriend has longer hair, and I'm working on growing out my hair! His hair would probably be almost waist(or BSL ish) if it wasn't as curly as it is. Before I had my pixie, our hair looked to be about the same length, but now my hair looks shorter than his, and is shorter.

vamq
November 16th, 2009, 03:28 PM
My boyfriend used to have waistlength long blonde 1a stick straight hair.
But he had to find a new job, so he cut it off, so getting a job would be easier.

He still has "longish" hair. It's chinlength in the back, and layered all over.
I think it looks really good like this too :)

I like longhaired couples.
But in general, I think it's nice to see couples with matching interests, as it was said before in this thread

p3_Arme
November 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM
My DH wants to grow his hair long again, as he like some of my hairstyles :rolleyes: My hair is between waist and thigh length, hoping to grow it 36inchs (Hubby wants it to be 3 ft exactly, no I don;t know either, but hey :cool:)

Problem is that that his hair is iritating his ears and would like to know if you can braid 3-5 inch long hair, or just cut it to keep it neat for now.

We have a family do on the weekend and he wants to look smart (bless him) but is worried about his hair being too unruly, its not long ATM only 8-9 inchs at the longest, but he'd like to know if he, no sorry, I can braid back the sides or something to made him look neat.

Any suggestions?

burns_erin
November 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM
DH and I are growing out our hair together.

Fractalsofhair
November 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM
My DH wants to grow his hair long again, as he like some of my hairstyles :rolleyes: My hair is between waist and thigh length, hoping to grow it 36inchs (Hubby wants it to be 3 ft exactly, no I don;t know either, but hey :cool:)

Problem is that that his hair is iritating his ears and would like to know if you can braid 3-5 inch long hair, or just cut it to keep it neat for now.

We have a family do on the weekend and he wants to look smart (bless him) but is worried about his hair being too unruly, its not long ATM only 8-9 inchs at the longest, but he'd like to know if he, no sorry, I can braid back the sides or something to made him look neat.

Any suggestions?
Braiding might be tricky. But, you could use gel to slick it back? Or if he's rocking a sorta funky 1980s look, a headband!

Quixii
November 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Yes! There's a couple at my school that I frequently see (though I don't actually know them) where the girl has hip length wavy strawberry blonde hair and the guy has mid-back to waist length wavy(er) strawberry blonde hair. The first thing I noticed about them was their hair, and it always makes me happy to see them walking around holding hands.

AutumnSky
November 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
My "silver fox" started growing his out when he got laid off 2 years ago....it's gone from flat-top to just a bit past his shoulders, and I love it!

Here's a hair angle from our engagement shoot....several months ago now, but you get the idea...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4111029398_562931f61d.jpg

windinherhair
November 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I think it looks nice to see couple's growing their hair out together. I know I will never get my husband to grow his hair out. ;)

Alun
November 16th, 2009, 07:39 PM
DW has long hair, but no interest in online groups for long hair. I've yet to persuade her to come to a meet, and have no great hopes on that score.

trolleypup
November 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I love seeing long haired couples. It is nice to see two people growing out their hair and completing their hair journey together.
Or three, but yes!

Wicked Princess
November 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yes, I do - mainly because my fiance and I both have long hair! His hair used to be long enough to touch his belt, but he cut it a few years ago because he was tired of taking care of it and wanted a change. His hair is...well...roughly where I imagine BSL would be on a man. It's also in much better condition this time around.

When we walk around together with our hair down, we normally get quite a few compliments.

Stephichan
November 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I like seeing long haired couples, but it's so rare around where I am. The bf would never let his hair get long... he's slowly losing it (slowly thanks to rogaine and propetia) and it just doesn't fit who he is. Many men are awesome with the long hair, but I just have a hard time picturing it on him. We like it the way it is :D

MissManda
November 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I am half of a long-haired couple. My boyfriend's hair is even longer than mine! It doesn't look that way because it is very wavy and curly. I think our hair complements one another, as we both have thick hair that is around BSL. His is 2c/3aMiii, dark brown (close to black), APL/BSL length when curly, and almost wiast length when wet/straight, while my hair is 1bF/Miii, medium warm brown, and almost waist length.

My chosen family is even long-haired. My BioSister is at almost waist-length with slight waves, my BioDad is probably between sL and APL and has 2c hair, my MIL has TB that is the same as my BF's (2c/3a, although it looks more like 2b/2c at her length), and my DIL keeps his hair around SL and BSL and is 2b/2c.

I feel so left out! I'm the only straightie in my family! :( I feel so lonely and boring! lol

I like to see couples with similar interests. If one of them happens to be long hair, I think it is so adorable.

My BF and I don't get noticed (or at least no one makes comment) when we go out together. Maybe once I reach waist and start going toward TB they will.

My BF has been wanting to cut his hair for quite some time now. He hasn't cut it since we first started dating more than 2.5 years ago. I am letting him cut his hair because he wants it back to shoulder length, which I think is really flattering and super-sexy on him. <3

Naamah
November 17th, 2009, 12:54 AM
My DBF has beautiful very dark 3A/3B hair, which I've recently got him to start taking better care of. Actually, we both started taking Biotin about a month and a half ago. His hair is a bit longer then SL when curly, a few inches past APL when pulled straight. He wants to grow it longer. :)

I got him to join the site a few weeks ago, but he hasn't made any posts yet. I keep bugging him about it. :D We talk about hair a lot, though. It's nice to have someone to talk to it about in person. I'm always telling him of things I read on here.

Angela_Rose
November 17th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Or three, but yes!
Yay Trolleypup! :cheese:

orbiting
November 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
My fiance has had long hair since he was a teenager. He says he only plans on going short if he starts going bald. His is about mid-back and since we found a shampoo that works for him, his hair has gotten much thicker.

My hair is also long but I'm not as attached to it. At this point I only keep it long for him and for my upcoming wedding.

Fencai
November 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
DH and I are doing this.
Mine is "can I call this waist" length and his started from a shaved head and is at his ears. We can now slick his hair back with a nice tea tree pomade. (It looks HOT!)
So we're going the journey together right now!

AnneAdeline
November 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
My DBF has started to grow his hair out! I'm so excited because I love his hair (it's red!). Right now it is only about 3" long.

LittleOrca
November 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I love being part of a long-haired couple. :) It's great because my fiancée knows why I have so much conditioner and so many toys and he is ok with it. He even takes tips from me and we share an appreciation of styles, lengths, and all that good stuff. :crush:

practikalmagik
November 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
He even takes tips from me and we share an appreciation of styles, lengths, and all that good stuff. :crush:

That's why I love having a Longhair partner, cos you can get away with 'experimenting' with weird and wonderful products and they don't think you're quite as mad. Plus it's another nice interest to share and BF and I are looking forward to being Classic length together one day :)

CourtneyBee
September 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
DBF told me the other night that he was going to "just let it go"

Long haired couple checking in!

27" for me 7" for him :)

sibiryachka
September 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM
DBF's hair is probably about 2 inches longer than mine :steam, but not in the best possible condition. I make a point of *not* shoving a bunch of LHC advice at him, but he's coming around gradually... So far I've persuaded him to try combing instead of brushing (which he took to just fine), and recently he noticed the big patch of breakage from wearing it in a ponytail all the time, so he's been wearing it down or having me braid it more often. Baby steps.
He actually has more bottles of shampoo and conditioner in our shower than I do! :p
Maybe someday I'll be able to convince him to try my cone-free condish and we'll be able to free up a little space in there.

Fencai
September 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
yep.... checking in as well.

DBF and myself are both at waist.

ETA: His uncle has waist length as well :)

kmoc123
September 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM
My Guy has beautiful silver hair that is BSL (he doesn't care for that term) and mine is tailbone/hip length.

Synthemesc
September 10th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Heehee, the first thing I said to my BF when I met him was "ooh, your hair is gorgeous!". He just chopped a couple of inches off, when I say he did, I attacked him with the scissors to get rid of the crazy split ends. Even after the trim he's still a little past BSL, I reduce my envy a little by constantly playing with it, even a few scalp massages to make it grow faster :D

Hylia
September 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
When I first started dating my bf 5 years ago, my hair was almost waist and his was shoulder length. Two years later his hair was mid back and mine was APL and now 5 years later both of our hair is at APL. But right now we are growing our hair together, hopefully at the same rate :)

constantki
September 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
My DBF never lets his hair grow out more than an inch haha.
And as much as I love long hair on men, I am not going to pressure him.

Anywhere
September 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM
DBF isn't a longhair but we're both not going to cut our hair at all until my graduation in June.
He said it'll be nice to grow his hair out again. His hair gets kinda curly-afroy when it's long, so this should be interesting. :)