PDA

View Full Version : Modified Hair-up Challenge

florenonite
April 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
I failed epically at the Hair-up-for-a-month challenge all *counts on fingers* three, four? times I attempted it, because I'd always forget and wear my hair down or in a half-up. However, I don't really have that big a repertoire of hairstyles, and I want to increase it. Consequently, for the next week I will not repeat any styles. Today is a sock bun. Saturday will be a French twist (this will be my style for the hall ball). If I last till Tuesday, I'll start again next Wednesday for a further week, during which I can repeat styles from this week, but not from next (am I making sense?) For instance, next Thursday I can wear a French twist, which I'm wearing this Saturday, but I can't wear a cinnabun, which I'm wearing next Wednesday (for the International Ficcare/cinnabun with hairsticks day). Down and half-ups count as styles, but can only be done once a week.

Who's with me?

spidermom
April 24th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm with you in spirit, but what I'm doing is attempting to learn a new style and get fast at it by repeating it over several days or even as long as a week. About a month ago I got sick and tired of the fact that some days I was spending as much as 2 hours a day on my hair because it was always falling down, pulling, or otherwise making my life miserable, necessiting time spent taking it down, combing it out, and putting it back up over and over again.

Meli
April 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm with you! I really need to do some different updos! I am participating in the wear hair up-challenge since several weeks, and I have been rather boring lately, wearing only a few different styles. I will follow your example to go for one week at a time without repeating hairstyles. Then I wouldn't wear a certain hairstyle more than as maximum four times a month - preferably less. I think I'll go for four weeks to start with - we'll see... I will start tomorrow, today is already late afternoon and I have been wearing a plain, English braid all day - the style I have been wearing most of all lately...