PDA

View Full Version : shoulder to APL

apynip
November 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I couldn't find the last one i saw. :/ So i hope its alright posting this one. ( i went back around 16-18 pages soo...)

I'm really about collar bone length now and thats about the length it was when i cut it all off last time.

I'm so excited to be past that length.

Anyone on the same ship i am?

BTW. Heres some hair styles i like to do at this length.

Sock bun.
Gibson tuck.
double french braids.
double dutch braids.
lace braid.
simple pony tail.
'poof' at the top for my lip length fringe.
half up half down.

What i'm looking forward to doing

A single french braid.
simply a braid.
buns.
braided half up half down hair styles.
harring bone braid.
a few victorian hair styles that require longer hair.

Keep growing! ^_^

MakeLoveNotWar
November 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm at exactly the same place you are! My hair falls about a 1/2 inch below my collarbone in the front. I feel like it's been at this length forever, but then I look at pictures from a few months ago, and I realize it is getting longer, just not as fast as I would like :( haha

ericthegreat
November 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
That is wonderful news apynip. And as your hair gets even longer, you will find that it will behave more easily and you will be able to do even more styles with your hair that were not able to before.

Leena7
November 15th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I am about to embark on this stage of the hair growth journey! Here's to wishing all of us good growing and good luck!

gnegirl
November 15th, 2009, 05:14 PM
What is a 'gibson tuck' please? (linkys anyone?)

Gumball
November 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
What is a 'gibson tuck' please? (linkys anyone?)

Ta da! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=49) :bow:

gnegirl
November 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Ta da! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=49) :bow:

Thank you :)(need a cool hair toy before i try this...):hollie:

apynip
November 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'm so glad theres some others along with me.

OH! great news.

I can cross off the single french braid finally. I can keep the style over night and through an entire day with only 2 hair pins holding my side whisps back!

VERY excited. :cheese:

I'll probably edit in a minute with a picture.

shadesofparis
November 17th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm at the same length! I'll be so glad when I'm finally able to do a bun again and to keep it in a French braid without it getting loose and falling out. I wear a lot of 40s styles with rolls, they're easier to do at this length than when it gets longer. I'll have to give the Gibson tuck a try. I never could get the standard Gibson Girl style to stay without rats.

halo_tightens
November 17th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you :)(need a cool hair toy before i try this...):hollie:

Actually, it's possible to do a tighter version of this, without anything to hold it except the initial elastic. I do this a LOT, probably more often than any other style right now. The key seems to be in forming a perfect pocket with your fingers for the hair to occupy.

Once I have mine tucked into its pre-formed pocket, it stays perfectly in place all day. I'm almost at APL now, and I've been doing this since my hair got long enough to tail and flip! I always get compliments on it, because it's so simple and neat with so little effort. Sometimes I choose to add a toy for decoration, but I don't find it necessary. There's a pic in one of my albums of this with a plain stick placed horizontally through it-- but it would hold just as well without it.

True, it loses a little of its romance done this way! It's tighter and sleeker. It's absolutely perfect for work, though! :)

redneckprincess
November 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I think the sock bun is my favorite and Im just starting to be able to do tiny (funny looking) buns!!

halo_tightens
November 17th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I think the sock bun is my favorite...

I love sock buns too!! At this length, they really make the most of the hair that's there. And I LOVE the perfect round shape.

...and Im just starting to be able to do tiny (funny looking) buns!!

Ain't it great!? My hair is too thick to let me do most of them yet, but I can manage a bun-ish-looking lump that stays up for a while! :D

I can't wait 'til we're lounging at waist or beyond, looking back fondly over all of this. ;)

Ally<3
November 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I feel like I'm never going to reach APL. I gain cms, but it feels like I'm not closer to AP. Am I the only one? It never 'looks' any longer. So frustrating.

redneckprincess
November 18th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I feel like I'm never going to reach APL. I gain cms, but it feels like I'm not closer to AP. Am I the only one? It never 'looks' any longer. So frustrating.
no you are not the only one...I have reached APL when wet or straightened...but I feel like I never will reach it left wavy, the waves just seem to be getting bigger and (shorter, lol) its almost picture time for me though and hopefully I can prove myself wrong (AGAIN!!)..
Ally lets grow together and compair pictures to help out the progress!!

Kaileida
November 18th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I can feel my hair getting longer by how far it brushes against my back when I shake it around, but I'm still far away from true APL. Sigh!

On the upside, yesterday I did an awesome single French braid. There's a picture in my albums :D

Arctic
November 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I belong this club :) I cut my hair back to shoulder length in October, and it has been growing nicely after that. Last time I didn't enjoy the process so now I am just embrasing every day and length.

Yarn Muse
November 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
My hair is shoulder length with some bangs and long layers. I've just recently joined TLHC and decided to grow it out, and yes, it seems like a long process. I bought some Flexi-8's recently and also can do a simple twist updo and a French braid. I want to try a sock bun. Finding fun things to do with the length I have NOW makes the waiting so much easier.