PDA

View Full Version : awesome style videos

nougat
November 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Don't know if you guys have seen these before - a bunch of cool styling videos from a Japanese girl.

http://www.youtube.com/user/binosusume

She has some classics, but also lots of unusual styles you don't see so much outside of Japan. I really like the chestnut and the fauxhawks. I've done a braided fauxhawk in the past but now I want to try these! She has strong smooth Asian hair so she can get away with backcombing (which I never ever do), but I imagine some of these styles would look really cool adapted to other hair types!

She writes a lot in English, but if anybody wants translations of video captions or instructions (in her blog), let me know.

Rini
November 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Wow, she has beautiful hair! So shiny and straight. Droool :D Unfortunately most of her styles are more suited for the straighties, but she is very inventive! Thanks for sharing.

Akiko
November 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I watch her videos quite a bit. Soothing voice. She is great at using simple pins. :) I am always amazed how her hair looks quite healthy despite the coloring. It's quite damaging for our hair type to get that lighter color....

zule
November 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I liked that. Having short hair for a day or two, then back to long with no harm done.

Did you notice her gorgeous hands? Wow.

misstwist
November 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately most of her styles are more suited for the straighties, but she is very inventive!

I beg to differ with you. I use several of her styles.

nougat
November 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I am also surprised that her hair still looks so nice after dyeing. I've met a lot of Japanese girls with totally fried hair...it's a shame because natural glossy black is gorgeous.

Misstwist, pictures? :grin:

skay
November 15th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I liked seeing the unique styles.

Picked up some ideas to incorporate - like the one with the ponytail on the side.

The bob looked fun though I don't think I'd look good in it. But if ever I want to travel incognito it may fit the bill. :D

nmarie33
November 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Very cool...I'll have to try that fake mohawk (without all the backcombing of course). While she was making it it looked like a total rat's nets, but the end result looked cool.

Shastrix
November 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I found her channel a few weeks ago and spent far too long watching almost all of her videos (despite being a guy and having no urge to do them on myself). Some of the styles (especially the fake mohawk :eek:) did make me shudder at the damage she must be doing, yet her hair still looked in good nick. :confused:

Luckysock
November 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
oh thanks! I'm going to try some of these soon! (I've run out of hair elastics, i know there are hundreds in the house somewhere - don't you hate that ;) )

JCFantasy23
November 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I especially like her big bun and the chestnut updo :) Thanks for sharing the link

hmmm
November 19th, 2009, 12:37 AM
They're great, thanks for posting this.

practikalmagik
November 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for sharing! I love the dutch braid headband idea, the rose effect looks vv cute. Might have to try that out sometime.

nougat
November 23rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Glad you guys enjoyed!

And nmarie, I agree - it was a little surprising that that mohawk managed to come together...