PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 cone free/SLS free experiment

gnegirl
November 15th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Week one: My hair felt like straw when it was wet, but rather soft dry. My scalp is also pretty itchy for some reason. I kept getting the creepy-crawlies under my sock bun.

Week two: Noticing a LOT more breakage than i had before, but not terrible either. Think i will be at BSL until most of the layers/broken bits catch up. Scalp stopped itching.

Week three: I think my hair has stopped hating me. :)

RancheroTheBee
November 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Yay! It only took me a few days to notice the same results. I think the whole regime just makes my head a lot happier.

RavennaNight
November 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'm trying this right now also. I went cold turkey about 27 days ago with the cones. Just to see. They weren't bad, at least I don't think they were. But my hair is super soft now that it is conefree. It eats all of the oil I give it, though. My hair hasn't started breaking yet from lack of cone, but I do henna so that is probably worth something.

shockinglength
November 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Week one: My hair felt like straw when it was wet, but rather soft dry. My scalp is also pretty itchy for some reason. I kept getting the creepy-crawlies under my sock bun.

Week two: Noticing a LOT more breakage than i had before, but not terrible either. Think i will be at BSL until most of the layers/broken bits catch up. Scalp stopped itching.

Week three: I think my hair has stopped hating me. :)

I want to try this once my current S&C runs out. Why would your hair be breaking off and getting an ichy scalp? Do you like your hair better with the old routine, or the new one? How has your hair changed? Also I am very new here and I have a very important question. How do you start a post? Thanks soo much =D

RecklessCharlie
November 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Continuing luck with your experiment! I am currently undertaking the same thing :)

For starting a new post, there is a little grey tab at the top left on the main page of 'mane forum', that looks exactly like the 'reply' tab only it says 'New' on it. Hope that helps!

gnegirl
November 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I want to try this once my current S&C runs out. Why would your hair be breaking off and getting an ichy scalp? Do you like your hair better with the old routine, or the new one? How has your hair changed? Also I am very new here and I have a very important question. How do you start a post? Thanks soo much =D

I don't think its new breakage, just breakage hidden with the coney conditioners. My hair is fluffier now and I'm noticing the little broken pieces a lot more than I did before.