PDA

View Full Version : Calling any insomniacs, could this be cone free? Or am I halucinating

pilateschick7
November 15th, 2009, 12:27 AM
L Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Medium to Long Hair that's Curly and Wavy

I read in another forum that this product might now contain cones, however, I can't spot it in the ingredient list. I have googled the ingredients that I don't recognize and none of them are cones.

I had used it a few months ago and just repurchased it. I love the results and it really helps detangle my hair. My newest bottle gives consistent results and my hair does behave differently. I am cone and sulfate free.
Thanks so much for any help:)

Water/Aqua, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance/Parfum, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Red 33 (CI 17200)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp172529_333181_sespider/loreal_vive_pro/nutri_gloss_conditioner_for_medium_to_long_thats_c urly_and_wavy_hair.htm

little_acorn
November 15th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Looks cone free to me from that list.

basak
November 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Insomnia? I just had breakfast. :frog: Yeah, that looks cone-free to me.

Konstifik
November 15th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Nope, I didn't find any cones. Maybe you got the old ingredients list? Or maybe they are wrong. :)

Flynn
November 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Nothing on that list. Things to bear in mind (which you have apparently completely forgotten, looking at your title! ;p ) is that there are a lot of people from different countries out there on the internets. Formulations for products can vary hugely from place to place. Ferinstance, all of Herbal Essences are coney in Australia, which I do not believe to be the case in the US.

If you want to avoid any ingredient, check the ingredients list every time you buy.

GlassEyes
November 15th, 2009, 05:37 AM
That's been cone-free for a while, if memory serves, unless they reformulated.

Though, oddly enough, I remember reading that there was protein in it, so I avoided it. o-o;; Maybe it is a new formula.

pilateschick7
November 15th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks so much.

My brain begins to shut off at certain times, I should have phrased my title better. I was quite irritated at my still awake state. My DH and Great Dane both snoring at the same time did not help the situation.:)

GlassEyes
November 15th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Nothing on that list. Things to bear in mind (which you have apparently completely forgotten, looking at your title! ;p ) is that there are a lot of people from different countries out there on the internets. Formulations for products can vary hugely from place to place. Ferinstance, all of Herbal Essences are coney in Australia, which I do not believe to be the case in the US.

If you want to avoid any ingredient, check the ingredients list every time you buy.
Well, since she's posting the list most likely from the bottle she just purchased, I doubt that its country of origin matters much at all.

Flynn
November 16th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Well, since she's posting the list most likely from the bottle she just purchased, I doubt that its country of origin matters much at all.

Nonono, what I'm saying is that if she "read in another forum that this product might now contain cones", the person may have been posting about the same product in another country -- say, the UK. I've been finding that companies often use the same names in various countries for products which are actually different -- like Herbal Essences. The names and the package design are the same, the contents are not.

ericthegreat
November 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
From that ingredient list, it would appear to be cone free to me as well. The only thing that stuck out to me was the Dimethylamine, which would appear to be somewhere in the same family as Dimethicone. But, from all other appearances it appears to be completely conefree and safe to use for COing.

Kaijah
November 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Yup, it's totally cone free. Is see it recommended all the time over on the Naturally Curly forums. It does have protein listed - Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein - so if your hair balks at too much of that, I'd be careful with how often you use it.

As for the dimethylamine, it's not much to worry about:
http://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/stearamidopropyl-dimethylamine

Zombiekins
November 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
The only thing that stuck out to me was the Dimethylamine, which would appear to be somewhere in the same family as Dimethicone.

Nah, it's not a silicone.