PDA

View Full Version : GHD Rapunzel TV ad campaign

brunette
November 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Did you see the latest ad campaign of GHD for TV? I've never used straighteners on myself, but they've got a dyed redhead rapunzel character in a tower straightening her tresses! Quite a nice ad despite the ending.

Not sure if it's ok to link here, but it's on their own site.
click (http://www.ghdhair.com/latest-ad-campaign)

Gingevere
November 14th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Fun commercial! And I actually like the ending, even though it isn't very LHC, lol. :D

eyesofsummer
November 14th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Well that's a fun twist to the story! Very clever.

Flynn
November 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Heehee, that's my sort of Rapunzel! XD

longhairedfairy
November 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Haha! She's a motorcycle thief!

Tressie
November 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
You go girl!! (o:

missjessiecakes
November 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Haha I love it!

ericthegreat
November 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
That is an awesome ad campaign! Altho I don't think too many of us here on LHC would still buy a flat iron anyway, seeing as we know better that to put a 400 degree appliance to our hair!

teela1978
November 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Heehee, that's my sort of Rapunzel! XD
i concur :)

practikalmagik
November 15th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Lol she had to cut it cos the GHD's nuked her length! ;)

I have to admit I love the colour she's got going on, even though it's evil-dye. Plus she's badass!

Beatnik Guy
November 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
LOL.

Of course, they would like us to think that heat straighteners do not damage hair. :rolleyes:

katha
November 15th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Great spot, I love it! :D

fleurdelis
November 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
So cool :) And no matter that she cut it, her hair is gorgous at the end.

Peter
November 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Haha I liked that commercial.

Vrushali
November 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Lol she had to cut it cos the GHD's nuked her length! ;)

:rollin:

But seriously, funny story! I especially love the guitar :D

Yozhik
November 15th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Nice that she gets a choice in who she marries :) A good modernization, IMO, of the fairytale.
(Also, I think Rapunzel means something about spinach in German -- weird, huh?).

katha
November 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Nice that she gets a choice in who she marries :) A good modernization, IMO, of the fairytale.
(Also, I think Rapunzel means something about spinach in German -- weird, huh?).

http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&from=fx3&search=rapunzel

lambs lettuce. Whatever that may be... Never heard of that meaning before. When I hear "Rapunzel", I think of hair.

Wavelength
November 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM

Yes, it does mean a type of lettuce. That was intended in the original tale, because Rapunzel's real mother agreed to give her baby up to the witch in exchange for some of the witch's lettuce that was growing in her garden.

She didn't really have a choice, since the father stole it from the witch in the first place (the mother had a craving for the lettuce and insisted her husband climb the garden wall to steal it for her). So it was either give up her baby or be killed along with her husband for the crime of theft. That's how the witch became the guardian of Rapunzel. She just named the child after the lettuce.

Fractalsofhair
November 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cool ad! And she still has longish hair at the end, so it's not all bad! (Though, gotta say the damage must be the reason to go from VERY long to shoulder length!)

Anje
November 15th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cute commercial.

I suppose most hair wouldn't stay that long if you decided to flat iron it anyway....

Regarding the evil dye: she might be a hennahead. Her color is about right for it.

enfys
November 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I knew the plant/name thing. I might be wrong, but I think I read/heard somewhere about Rapunzel growing her hair through eating rapunzel. This was so many years ago I could never guess where I heard it.

As for the advert, the site won't work for me and DH fast forwarded through the ad break where I saw it. I'll probably have to wait until X-Factor tonight to see it in full!

I do quite like the novel idea of the advert from what I saw of it.

little_acorn
November 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
:rollin: loved that commercial, my kinda Rapunzel :D

Heidi_234
November 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Argh that awesome red :thud:
Loved the commercial too :D