PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be here but confused about pic.

moonchild100
November 14th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I badly need help understanding how this all works. I tried uploading my picture. When it was refused, I made it smaller, thinking that maybe this was the problem. The second time was also a failure. I followed instructions, which is basically the same as anywhere else when you upload. Can anyone help me? Thank you, and looking forward to reading and sharing.:confused:

pinchbeck
November 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I had the same thing happen. I just kept choosing different photos (I guess they're different sizes?) and finally they uploaded even after it said upload failure. Maybe check your profile each time it says this to see if it actually did upload. I think it was for my profile pic--not my photo albums.

Calista
November 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
moonchild, what exactly were you trying to do? Upload a photo from where? For what purpose - avatar, profile pic, something else?

Calista
November 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
If it helps you any: You did upload a picture as your profile picture. You cannot access your own profile yet due to newbie restrictions. Please check the sticky "post count and user permissions" at the top of the board you were posting this question in.

ZenBird07
November 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Moonchild! It's there...You're gorgeous! Stick around LHC a little bit longer...Post a little bit more and you'll see it. That's your profile pic. You'll see your profile soon...;)

MissThorne
November 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Welcome!
Like pinchbeck (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=25231) I had the same thing happen.
Being a newbie on this site is a little confusing at times but definitely worth it.

moonchild100
November 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Thank you everyone. I came back, made my picture smaller and smaller. I finally found my profile and yes, it was there.
Thank you all for your kindness.
I realise I have to be here more often. It is a very friendly comfortable place. Thank you!!