PDA

View Full Version : Gentle hair care? Advice

abritta3
November 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hi all.
I have 3a curls and back in September I chopped off 3inches to
1) even out my layers
2) trim split ends

Since then I have not used heating products at all on my hair but I was looking today and realized I have split ends AGAIN!
This is so incredibly frustrating because I do the best I know how to prevent this from happening...
I also take 5mg of biotin daily and I use cone free conditioners.
Any advice?

pepperminttea
November 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
They'll always be a handful of split ends, that's what S&D missions are for. :) As long as it's not too many, it's nothing to worry about generally.

shockinglength
November 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Are you using a seemless wide toothed comb to detangle?

pinchbeck
November 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Are you using a seemless wide toothed comb to detangle?
This person asked a very important question! In addition to this are you combing your hair from he ends up with a seamless wide toothed comb? Are you into the practice of hair oiling that so many of us take pleasure doing?

You could just have hair that is prone to splitting easily without outside sources such as colouring, heating, allowing it to blow wildly in the wind, etc. My hair is kind of like that and it is annoying. But, if we keep cutting it off there will be no hair to speak of.

Perhaps try getting into the habit of dusting.

teela1978
November 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi all.
I have 3a curls and back in September I chopped off 3inches to
1) even out my layers
2) trim split ends

Since then I have not used heating products at all on my hair but I was looking today and realized I have split ends AGAIN!
This is so incredibly frustrating because I do the best I know how to prevent this from happening...
I also take 5mg of biotin daily and I use cone free conditioners.
Any advice?

If you were previously overdoing the heating products, your length will continue to be somewhat damaged till it grows out. Which means it will probably split very easily. There is a nice article by nightshade about treating damaged hairs as nicely as you can. I'd start there and see how it goes.