PDA

View Full Version : I found it in my hair, have you done this?

Gladtobemom
November 13th, 2009, 06:43 PM
This morning, I was knitting and lost my pink crochet hook.

I felt around, no luck. I stood up and looked around, still no luck. I checked my pockets, crawled around on the floor, dumped everything out of my knitting bag . . . still no crochet hook. After about 15 minutes, I gave up and went to my big bag and got another one (a green one).

A few minutes ago, as I started to take down my hair . . . I realized the pink crochet hook was helping to pin my braid up!

I have absolutely no memory of redoing my updo with a crochet hook! I guess I do buns on autopilot now.

Weird.

Olivia23
November 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
OMG that's too funny!

Speckla
November 13th, 2009, 06:50 PM
That's so funny. I've found staples and paperclips in my hair but I think someone was throwing them there.

nienna42
November 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
:lol:

I've never done quite that. A couple of times I've somehow forgotten my hair was in a bun and panicked when I couldn't feel it on my back. I've also lost hair pins in there right through combing and washing.

freznow
November 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
:lol: I've done that! Well, it tends to not be the hook I'm using, but I'll go upstairs for bed and take out my bun and find I took with me a hook or DPN from my desk. I misplace way too many things that way.

noelgirl
November 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I've sometimes gone to bed with it down and woken up with a bun. So clearly, I'm doing updos in my sleep!

Nat242
November 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I've lost a pen that way. :lol:

Aunteater
November 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
To the OP: Hahaha! I put my hair up on purpose with my crochet hooks all the time-- they are wonderful hair sticks! But I always know when I've done that. Pencils are a whole different story-- I lose those in my hair all the time.

I've sometimes gone to bed with it down and woken up with a bun. So clearly, I'm doing updos in my sleep!

I looked for a hysterical laughter smiley, but couldn't find one. My housemates now wonder what the heck I am reading in here.

Fiferstone
November 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I've done that with several pencils at work. :cheese:

longhairedfairy
November 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
:laugh: That totally sounds like something I would do!

Horsetuna
November 13th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Do feathers count? :) I constantly am finding feathers from my parrots (And the occasional seed) in my hair.

The odder thing is, these aren't a nesting breed of parrot. They dig a hole in a log and that's it.

pepperminttea
November 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Heh! :lol: I've never done it that subconsciously, but I do find when I sit reading something at the computer with my pre-bed braid in, I tend to idly lean back and twist it into a bun shape.

Wicked Princess
November 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I haven't lost a crochet hook in my hair, thank goodness. I tend to remember putting it up, too.

I have, however, lost earrings in my hair. Frequently! Somehow, I swear my hair dislodges my earrings from my ear and devours them. This has also happened with a bracelet and a necklace. I'm fairly certain at this point that my hair is sentient and out to take all my shiny things for itself.

Horsetuna
November 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
At least you'll always have them with you right?

23_seconds
November 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
||||||||||

DBBramble
November 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Pencils or Pens have no hope in my hair.

Paliele
November 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I do this with knitting needles and pens. The comment about doing updos in your sleep made me crack up.

Tressie
November 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
That was cute! I think I've found a stray earring in my hair before. The funniest thing I find, is the odd twig, leaf, or seed cluster off the shrubs in my yard. (o:

RavennaNight
November 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Tape. I find tape in my hair. Little bits. Lately it has been green because the boxes of Xmas merchandise come in with green tape on them. And styrofoam. I always find styrofoam in my hair. Sometimes bits of corrugated cardboard. But no staples. Or paper clips. At least not yet! :lol:

Addy
November 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
That is so funny! :D

shockinglength
November 13th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Nope, that's never happened to me before. :sad

Themyst
November 13th, 2009, 09:01 PM
That was really funny. I could so easily put myself in your position. I don't think I ever lost anything in my hair, but my bun is getting pretty big and I did worry over the summer that a bee or flying bug might land on it and make himself at home. Hasn't happened so far.

Horsetuna
November 13th, 2009, 09:05 PM
If I might share a secondhand story, in one of my parrot care books, the author, a lady mentioned about how one of her cockatiels attempted to... ahem, with her bun. It was a male cockatiel, that's all I think I can say on this forum really. ;)

Mine fortunately has never tried that. He just tries to order me about and feed me.

ericthegreat
November 14th, 2009, 04:47 AM
That story just cracked me up Gladtobemom. :p

No, I've never lost anything in my hair that I didn't already was in there. However, I have fallen victim to the "I've lost my sunglasses" panic a few times, of course they were on top of my head!

Liave Ekeli
November 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM
No, I've never lost a crochet hook in my hair... but that's probably because I don't crochet. Because it definitely sounds like something I could do. If I lose anything in my hair it's usually stray hairpins from an updo or something.

I have however bunned my hair using a paintbrush in place of a hair stick (because currently I don't own hairsticks either), but that was just on a whim to see if I could get it to work. I was bored and doubted whether my hair would stay in place with a hairstick, because I have seriously slippy hair...the paintbrush was on the desk in front of me, and it just sort of happened. It worked too, but it looked potentially very weird.

JamieLeigh
November 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Haha...I've lost things in my hair before (including one very scary moment when my comb snapped a few years ago, and it took awhile to find the last piece in my mane and get it detangled), but I've never absent-mindedly done a style with an item and then promptly had to search around to find the item again. :D Interesting story!! Lol

otherarrow
November 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I've panicked from taking the elastic out of my hair without it coming down, thinking that something is wrong with it.
Then finding out that it had simply been one of the rare occations I've used bobby pins :rolleyes:

halo_tightens
November 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
YES!!

My favorite green pen went missing recently, and after a couple of hours I realized that it had become part of a half-up.

See, I guess that's why we shouldn't ever leave our hair down, lol. It gets in our faces and the closest handy object gets grabbed to fix the situation!

Glad you found your hook.:p

Angela_Rose
November 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I do this with all sorts of things.
Ah! Once, I used a pen with disastrous results... I bumped into something with my head and the ink cartridge broke! There was blue ink all over my neck hairs and my neck. It was disgusting.

coddswaddle
November 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm the handy(wo)man and mechanic in my house so random nuts, bolts and screws end up in my hair and get sprinkled about as I walk around. My fiancee giggles every time he finds a random bolt on the floor. He brings them to me and tells me I'm dropping my "seeds" again

Keildra
November 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I've never lost things like pens or pencils but I have lost comb teeth in my hair, is that bad?

kimannabella
November 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM
When I used to use a bbb, It was FULL of short white hairs from my rabbit, she tends to sit parrot style on my shoulder and leave a dusting of bunny fluff on me.

rchorr
November 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!! I've never done that with an updo, but I have gotten crochet hooks stuck in my hair before. Usually I find it because it smacks me when I turn around too fast! Hee, hee, hee. Thanks for the giggle. I REALLY needed that today!

chuckle, snort :silly: chuckle, snort

RCHORR'

jasper
November 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I stuck a 6 inch blue weaving needle into my hair today because my hands and pockets were full. Later in the day I rediscovered it. To me, the interesting thing was that no one- and I work with a lot of people- said anything about it. Must be because by now they're used to the wide variety of hair toys I use to hold up my hair.