PDA

View Full Version : For those who take or have taken hair vitamin supplements

julliams
November 13th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Do they make the other hair on your body grow faster too? I find it hard to believe that only the hair on your head would be affected.

So what I'm really asking is - do those horrible chin hairs get worse and do the hairs on your legs and in other places grow faster too?:o

Igor
November 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yes. But since I wax/Veet/shave/tweeze/epilate everything else anyways I donít care

Dars
November 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Yes they do. I noticed considerably more hair growth on body hair than the hair on my head. It's the major reason I stopped taking hair tablets.

Islandgrrl
November 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yes.

Let me just say I heart my epilator.

On the upside, my nails grow like weeds, too.

Spring
November 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Slightly... and not in an out of control manner, thank goodness. To me the benefits outweigh the annoyances :)

Speckla
November 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yes my hair grows faster everywhere. But it hasn't started growing in any new places. Legs and underarms are the only places I need to shave.

Coriander
November 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
My body hair grows at crazy speeds anyways. I wish the hair on my head would do the same!
So my answer is No, I haven't noticed a difference. :lol:

Fractalsofhair
November 13th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I don't shave and my vitamins contain Bs, and biotin, which is commonly in the hair growth ones. It has not made the terminal length of my body hair increase. It has made my brows and lashes a little thicker, but mostly the eyelashes, and even then, it's very slight. Other than that, there has been no increase in the amount of body hair I have.

julliams
November 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the responses. I do have a slight excess hair problem and I'm an terrified new areas will "wake up" o that current areas will thicken.

ladycatpurrs
November 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I have noticed a slight increase in the amount of plucking and shaving I have to do but I was doing them anyway so it is not a problem for me. It is worth it for the length I have increased on my head.

Tressie
November 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't tried hair vitamins specifically but I have taken a B complex. I have been wondering about trying some generic prenatal vitamins for hair health?

This is a good question and I would think that all body hair would be impacted.

pinchbeck
November 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing! Random hairs grow on my face and have to be plucked. But if you want to talk about a female Sasquatch...that's me! I have never met another blue eyed Caucasian woman who had hair growth on the tops of her legs (like a guy has).

Currently, I have been taking MSM for one week. I broke out in a cold sore and am not sure if it is related. I won't know if I have to pluck my random facial hairs and mole hairs (I know, you want to vomit) more often until my body responds to the MSM. But I think if I do I will be okay with that. I plan on taking this stuff for one year. Biotin on the other hand is scary because people have commented on acne break outs from it. Wow...I would look pretty with acne and sparse hairs on my face. What a nice combination! lol

eadwine
November 14th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Not for me. Only the head hair thank goodness :) If anything, the other things have gone down in growth.

(and no, that thing that I take isn't for sale in the States ;) Huid haar en nagels, by Kruidvat)

aahavaa
November 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ive been taking vits and minerals on and off for the past 20 years and I didnt notice any increase in body hair growth or it getting worse,when I was taking them.I would have noticed since I am not one of those lucky types with little body hair.

missjessiecakes
November 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
My down there hair grows at an alarming rate now. But the other parts not that I've noticed, if it has it was a small amount.

going gray
November 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, my eyebrows & hair on legs grow faster, nails are long & strong too. But lucky for me, that's all!

jojo
November 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Can't say ive noticed!:rollin:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/beard.jpg

Darian Moone
November 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I haven't really noticed but that might be because I shave or Veet so regularly that I wouldn't be able to measure any difference in body hair growth. As far as chin hair, for me that seems to be more hormonally driven. Hair (head) and nail growth definitely improved.

jera
November 15th, 2009, 02:45 AM
My eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker and longer. :) I shave my legs and don't have armpit hair. :o

I haven't noticed any excess growth of facial hair though. My arms are kinda hairy. What can I do about that?? :rolleyes:

nougat
November 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Do all supplements that make your hair grow make your nails grow also? I can't stand having long nails. I have to clip mine very regularly.

gypsy_hair
November 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
hi, new to the forum. Been taking biotin for a year now. 5mg-10mg. I had woolly hair syndrome and this was the only thing that changed the appearance of my hair.

If anyone here knows about the condition, you will see the hair looks very rough, cannot be combed and looks like spun glass.

I can actually style my hair now. Before no amount of wax, pomade, or hairspray would work on my hair.

And yes, it makes your nails stronger and grow heaps fast.