PDA

View Full Version : How long do you rinse for?

morguebabe
November 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I C-W-C.
On my final rinse, I rinse for literally 40 minutes and when I see the rinse water comming off, it's still foamy. Should I be rinsing till it's all clear?

LoversLullaby
November 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I rinse for about two minutes.
But my hair is still fairly short.

Quixii
November 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
40 minutes? :bigeyes: I rinse for, like two minutes.

Vanya
November 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, I don't rinse the conditioner nearly well enough and I get extremely soft and happy hair. Downside? It's still so full of conditioner that it's absolutely dull. My hair doesn't get greasier any faster or any other ill effect. So no, I don't think you need to rinse more thoroughly. But as I said, I'm biased. *shrug*

Carolyn
November 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I rinse until my hair feels like the conditioner is rinsed off well enough. I know I don't rinse more than 4 or 5 minutes at the most. It's probably less. I don't have a clock in the bathroom to time myself.

Dars
November 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I rinse until my hair feels like the conditioner is rinsed off well enough. I know I don't rinse more than 4 or 5 minutes at the most. It's probably less. I don't have a clock in the bathroom to time myself.
Same.

I've never had a shower 40 minutes long let alone just rinsing the final rinse off! I think I'd get immediately booted out of Australia. :p

OP, how is your shower heads pressure? It sounds really low...

RavennaNight
November 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
40 minutes!? I would run out of hot water by then! Oh wait. I cold rinse. I'd get the dang swine flu by then!:lol: That's a looooong rinse, woman! But you've got a lot of hair...

julliams
November 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I'd be lucky to spend a minute rinsing. We have had water shortages in Australia for the last 8 years so I have learnt to have showers in under 10 minutes. Perhaps you could get a shower head on a hose and rinse your hair separately. I find that sometimes what looks like bubbles is actually just air in the water rather than foam. I would think that if some conditioner is left in your hair it would be acting like a leave in conditioner right?

Juliette

SurprisingWoman
November 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Maybe you are using too much product or the wrong product.

It only takes me 10 minutes to take a shower when I wash and condition my hair. 40 minutes is an eon, who has that kind of time?

What are you using?

Elphie
November 13th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I count to a hundred. It's usually out way before then, but I'm a little OCD about it.
40 minutes is unbelievable!

Arctic
November 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Do you have a very soft water? That might have an effect that hair feels like ithe products wouldn't be rinsed away complitely.

RoseRedDead
November 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I rinse for maybe 1 minute. I like to leave a lot of my conditioner in (I CO, btw).

I have very hard water, so conditioner is stripped/rinsed away very quickly in the stream of water.

23_seconds
November 13th, 2009, 06:49 PM
||||||||||

Vrushali
November 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Maybe a minute or 2...40 minutes?? Thats really a lot :O

Teacherbear
November 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I rinse until the water that runs off of my hair runs pretty clear (minimal bubbles). I figure it is a minute or two. If I had to rinse that long then either I had hard water (isn't that the one that makes it difficult to rinse out soaps?), or was using too much product.

I CWC or CWCCC (my last C is always a leave in conditioner), but don't use a ton of products.

pepperminttea
November 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I cold rinse for about two-three minutes. For me, that does the trick.

morguebabe
November 13th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I have NO idea if I have soft or hard water I dont even know what that means.

I use about a dollop of Kenra for dry hair.

Gosh whats wrong with me then! LOL.

teela1978
November 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I comb while I'm rinsing. It seems to help rinse the underlayers a bit better. I'm not sure if it helps with rinse time or not... I rinse for maybe a minute max though.

Hydrilus
November 13th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Holy cow, 40 minutes!? Did you mean 4 minutes instead of 40? I hope so...

Loreley
November 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM
My hair is iii as well but I rinse for about 3 minutes. It's enough for me. :rolleyes:

Peter
November 13th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I CO wash my scalp only, and it takes me about 2-3 minutes to properly rinse off the conditioner.

eadwine
November 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
40? I think you are seeing the water being bubbly, not actual product. 40 minutes is twice the amount of time I take showering AND washing my hair! I rinse for about 20 seconds or so.

Heidi_234
November 14th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, it could be just the water being bubbly instead of product suds. Also, not rinsing out all the conditioner completely is not totaly bad (I delibirately leave conditioner in my hair after washing), and it definitely not worth standing 40 minutes in the shower.

Kris Dove
November 14th, 2009, 03:00 AM
It takes me about 2-3 minutes, even years ago when it was longer, to rinse the conditioner out.

Elfe
November 14th, 2009, 03:43 AM
I have very soft water and I rinse about 4 Minutes? I don't know, but I have to rinse my hair very long...

Bene
November 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM
40 minutes? I'm not into conserving water or anything, but that sounds kind of wasteful. I rinse for about 1-2 minutes or until the water runs clear.

marzipanthecat
November 14th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I think maybe you are using too much product (as other have already mentioned). Try using about half as much shampoo/conditioner, and see how you get on.

It takes me less than 20 minutes to wash, condition and then properly rinse my hair. It's a family joke - I have longer hair than anyone and spend the least time in the bathroom!

(I spend about 5 to 6 minutes on the final rinse. We have a regular decent shower, not a power sower or anything. My mother claims she has to spend at least 45 minutes rinsing, I think she over-does it.)

longhairedfairy
November 14th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'd be lucky to spend a minute rinsing. We have had water shortages in Australia for the last 8 years so I have learnt to have showers in under 10 minutes. Perhaps you could get a shower head on a hose and rinse your hair separately. I find that sometimes what looks like bubbles is actually just air in the water rather than foam. I would think that if some conditioner is left in your hair it would be acting like a leave in conditioner right?

Juliette
That's what I was thinking. Some water systems or just the faucet can cause a lot of air bubbles in the water and it will look like soap, shampoo, etc. no matter how much something is rinsed.
I'd say I probably only rinse for a minute or two at most.