PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive

Sarahmoon
April 23rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
Has anyone else noticed getting so much more sensitive when it comes to the way some people treat their hair since joining LHC?
I cringe when I see people rip a brush through wet hair. And a few days ago I had a terrible time at the hairdresser (my bf was getting his hair cut, not me) because she was cutting the hair of a woman with some kind of knife/raizor thingy and she had black hair herself that did not shine. I felt extremely uncomfortable although I knew that woman wasn't going to touch my own hair.
Anyone else feeling the same?

April1
April 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Ohhh yes, my mother in law. She has waist long hair, and always wairs it in plait or bun. But Ive seen her literally RIP a very narrow toothed comb through her hair while getting ready for the day. And she starts from the top of her head with it too. It really makes me cringe.

Her hair is very long but it is awfully shredded and very very split.

Poolsoflaughter
April 23rd, 2008, 07:21 AM
My mom has baby fine, thin hair like mine, but she'll rip through it with a comb whilst still wet! Yikes!

GlassEyes
April 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
My sister straightens her hair everyday.

Enough said. However, her hair is still bloody well perfect. D< It's shiny, there's little to no damage or splitting, and AND she just officially hit waist length.

GRAKJFDiajdofij. T_T It's already straight anyway!

Anje
April 23rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Oh yes. My roommate (who's a 3c, I think) has this big paddle brush that she RIPS through her curls from top to bottom. The longest bits are roughly BSL, but the last 4-5 inches are totally damaged, split, and generally horrific. She hasn't cut her hair in years -- it just breaks off at about that length.

I don't think she's interested in taking care of it much differently, though I have managed to turn her on to coconut oil. I'm not sure she uses it as much on hair as on skin, though.

Saranne772
April 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Yes!! :( Some of my best friends hair and people who I see regularly who I dont know (like on the bus) causes me to cringe and chop most of it off and make them grow it again in a healthy manner :( There is one girl (she just cut a good bit off actually) but her hair is approaching waist (was) and was growing in a V. Very shiney but obviously straightened within an inch of its life and SOOO badly split. I guess LHCers are most likely more likely to spot these things though

lora410
April 23rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
That razor thingy is called a razor comb. Thats what a stylist used to butcher my hair short.

shrimp
April 23rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
Honestly - nope. Couldn't care less :shrug:

Pegasus Marsters
April 23rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Honestly - nope. Couldn't care less :shrug:

I'm with you on that.

It's just hair, people.

ChloeDharma
April 23rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
I cringe.....i've learn't not to say anything or just distract myself so i don't have to watch......but what i really can't stand is people doing it then moaning about damage.

Peggy, it's "just" hair, yes.....but to some people it's more important than it is to you.....like you might adore music, but someone else just thinks it's there to fill a void.

I do think though that it's best to focus our attention on our own hair rather than getting too concerned about other peoples.

Pegasus Marsters
April 23rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
What I meant CD, was what you put as your last sentence. Honestly, it's their hair so really its no one elses business what they do with it. If you wanna make a fuss over yours, so be it... but really (as this forum loves to say) no one else is here to decorate your world.

florenonite
April 23rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
I just don't like it when my sisters butcher their hair because theirs is so much nicer than mine. My older sister is a 3b and solidly blonde (unlike my brownish colour) but she rips a brush through it and shampoos the entirety of it after swimming to get the chlorine out. My younger sister's hair is like mine only a prettier colour (it's platinum blonde) and she straightens it, even though it's close to straight already! I suppose it's a kind of living vicariously through them thing. I don't have particularly nice hair so I want them to take care of their nice hair.

Loviatar
April 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'm not concerned with what other people do to their hair (apart from my blonde, 2c/3a c iii sister, who straightens and blowdries and never uses condish and STILL has great looking hair - how is that fair?! :lol:)

I do have to admit, however, I dont like the noise of breaking hair, when someone combs or brushes wet/damp hair roughly. The noise itself makes me cringe, not the action. It's like fingernails on a blackboard for me.

Sarahmoon
April 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Umm yeah... I didn't say I think they should all take good care of their hair or should do as I do or whatever, I just said it makes me feel bad to look at it. Just like I can't stand hearing a dentist drill but it doesn't mean I think people shouldn't get their teeth checked :rolleyes:

I just occured to me I could watch those things without problems before joining LHC but now, indeed, it feels like hearing nails on a blackboard.

Rheia Althia
April 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Oh I hear you there.
My hubby has this beautiful BSL curly hair and he insists on brushing through the curls quickly. I got him to start using a comb when wet but he still brushes through it so fast when it's dry!

Ohio Sky
April 23rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Theres this girl I see around all the time... I know her, but we dont really speak, long story... Anyways, she has beautiful hip length straight shiny black hair, and a lot of it. Shiny, thick, gorgeous hair. Ive always wondered what she does to it, because she had shoulder length hair just 4 years ago, and her hair has been hip for at least 2 years now.

Anyways, I overheard her telling one of her friends this morning that she uses clarifying poo every day, blow dries every day, curls pretty often and she always wears it down. My first reaction was "WHY would you do that to your beautiful hair!?" But then I thought, well, I guess its working for her. :confused:

Some people.

Les
April 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
I cringe every night when my wife brushes her hair. She starts at the top and just tears all the way to the bottom. It is painful to hear. I'm trying to convert her and get her to treat it better, but its a slow process.

Curlsgirl
April 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Umm yeah... I didn't say I think they should all take good care of their hair or should do as I do or whatever, I just said it makes me feel bad to look at it. Just like I can't stand hearing a dentist drill but it doesn't mean I think people shouldn't get their teeth checked :rolleyes:

I just occured to me I could watch those things without problems before joining LHC but now, indeed, it feels like hearing nails on a blackboard.

I get you. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard shudder: