PDA

View Full Version : First photo post: current length

OleanderTime
November 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
A few days ago I posted a few photos of my hair through history. Now that I understand how to embed images, here are the first photos I've taken to start my "progress" history. I've never taken photos intentionally to chart growth, but I often find myself looking through old pictures and trying to decide how long it was between two and whether or not I had my hair trimmed to see how long my hair actually grew. I think this method is a bit more scientific. Here's my starting point: measuring the TLCH recommended way, my hair is 18" from forehead to longest point. I'm not sure what my goal is. When it reaches 22" or so, it will be the longest of my life. That's going to be my first major hair goal.

Wet:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/200910_7.jpg

Dry:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/200910_3.jpg

pinchbeck
November 13th, 2009, 11:49 AM
You have nice poofy hair. I haven't let my hair grow longer than a certain length, too, but I am much older than you. You'll have lots of encouragement to grow your hair on TLHC.

OleanderTime
November 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Ahh I seriously laughed out loud when I saw your first few words: POOFY. But "nice and poofy." All my life I've battled that poof as if it were my worst enemy. It seems I can make my hair lie sleek and flat with a lot of effort and trauma, and I can get it to be wavy with some almost-ringlet curls with a lot of effort and a little trauma, but it seems my hair's natural state is: POOF. Maybe another major hair goal would be to just embrace that? ;)

janeytilllie
November 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Welcome to LHC :flower:

Your hair is very pretty. I love your waves :)

little_acorn
November 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Personally I love the 'poofyness' of your hair - its beautiful - embrace the poof :D

melikai
November 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
The poof is a good thing, as I see it. Also, as your hair gets longer, it will weigh it down more, so it may settle down some. But I like it a lot!

Bianca
November 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Beautiful hair :p

longhairdream
November 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Lovely and soft hair ! Keep it up and happy growing !

linda g
November 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Embrace the poof! :laugh: It looks great!

morguebabe
November 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Pretty hair.

(music stand, what do you play!)

Demetrue
November 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I have poofy hair too! It's just what happens when you wash/brush wavy hair. I have learned that a little aloe vera gel mixed with a drop of jojoba oil and glycerine defines the waves without damage or trauma. And use a comb when it is wet and just finger comb when it is dry. I like poofy and your hair is going to look amazing as it grows longer!

clairenewcastle
November 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I love how your hair has a lot of body and wave - embrace those waves, they look great.
Welcome to LHC! :blossom:

longforhim
November 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Pretty waves! Have fun on your hair growing journey!

above_rubies
November 13th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Very pretty! Happy growing. :thumbsup: Yay for Ann Arbor!:cheese: I was born there and lived in Chelsea. Great place to grow up.

JamieLeigh
November 13th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :flower:

....another one curious what instrument the music stand is for. :D

jojo
November 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
That is some pretty hair you got, and you are exactly the same starting point as i was 2 years ago! time passes quickly and your hair will be gorgeous when longer, you have a great starting point!

Welcome to LHC xxx

julliams
November 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I noticed your music stand. What do you play? I play and teach flute myself.

OleanderTime
November 13th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Okay, can I just say you all are awesome? I just got home from work and read through these comments, and I just feel so bubbly. :) I WILL embrace my poof, haha. I really love the encouragement that it will look pretty as it grows. I really think this community is going to be what finally gets me to have long hair once and for all. I'm super excited.

About the music stand: it's up high because I'm taking violin lessons these days (you can actually kind of see the case in the photo). Clarinet is my main instrument, though: I was even a performance major my first two years of college, so you can definitely say it was my whole life for a while. After I switched majors, it was really hard for me to play "just for fun", but I'm finally getting back into it. It helps to play a new instrument, I'm less harsh on myself as a new learner. I play a little flute, too (the fingerings are the same as half the clarinet fingers... flute goes up an octave, but clarinet goes up a 12th when you change registers). I really love the flute... and the cello... and the marimba... oh lord.

pepperminttea
November 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Definitely embrace the poof, indeed. :D Lovely, full hair - happy growing!

adiapalic
November 14th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Poofy, as in lots of wonderful volume and body! It almost reminds me of Sigourney Weaver's voluminous, wavy hair in Ghostbusters II that I was admiring tonight actually :)

:flower:

brok3nwings
November 14th, 2009, 06:35 AM
i think you have a fantastic hair! Welcome to lHC :)

Yozhik
November 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Your hair is such a nice color! I think we're actually almost hair twins, except my hair might be a little coarser than yours -- but I definitely get the same "poof" (wooliness, as my dad used to call it) as you :)
I have noticed that when I do CWC or CO (as opposed to standard S/C), my hair definitely feels flatter, though. So maybe that would work for you as well?

OleanderTime
November 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I have noticed that when I do CWC or CO (as opposed to standard S/C), my hair definitely feels flatter, though. So maybe that would work for you as well?

I've actually just started mixing that in with my routine. Until recently, I was a daily shampooer and blow dryer, so I'm breaking habits slowly and my hair seems to thank me. I like doing a CO wash, but so far I can't do two in a row: I can do a CO then S/C the next time. Hoping to break that by the time winter is in full swing here in Michigan!

jojo
November 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Thats not poof, thats the beginings of beautiful hair waving at you for treating it so well!

Speckla
November 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Embrace the poof. The poof is your friend. Your hair is beautiful.

pinchbeck
November 14th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Thats not poof, thats the beginings of beautiful hair waving at you for treating it so well!
I didn't realize poof was a bad thing.

pinchbeck
November 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Ahh I seriously laughed out loud when I saw your first few words: POOFY. But "nice and poofy." All my life I've battled that poof as if it were my worst enemy. It seems I can make my hair lie sleek and flat with a lot of effort and trauma, and I can get it to be wavy with some almost-ringlet curls with a lot of effort and a little trauma, but it seems my hair's natural state is: POOF. Maybe another major hair goal would be to just embrace that? ;)
I think poof is pretty. It gives a person's hair body and fullness and it dances with gentle movement. Just wait until it gets longer.

jojo
November 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I didn't realize poof was a bad thing.
I never said it was did I?:confused:

ericthegreat
November 15th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I like your natural waves Oleander. I'm sure as you gain more length, it will behave better and you will certainly be able to do many more awesome styles like braids and all kinds of updos.

JCFantasy23
November 18th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Very poofy, full pretty hair!

Aditi
November 18th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Lovely poofy hair :thumbsup: Happy Growing.