PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Scalp

PHOENIX MOON
November 13th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hey all,
I just want to ask a question regarding a recent hair issue. I have recently changed my haircare routine, from SO no water, to water, to conditioner only, to shampooing and conditioning once a week. Recently I havent been shampooing and conditioning once a week, and have missed a few weeks. I dont think its my hair adapting to another new routine as my hair does other things when its adapting. Also, I have been oiling my hair recently with my usual oils as usual, I have noticed the end of my hair and my roots are dry again. I guess it could be that my scalp is dryer.

So, any suggestions to improve my scalp, preferably before I scratch through my scalp!

Konstifik
November 14th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Have you tried massage with oils? Tea Tree oil is supposed to be good against itching.

Tressie
November 14th, 2009, 04:28 AM
When my scalp gets itchy, I usually have to shampoo the scalp area. I use Suave, or something similar. I try to hold my length to the side and rinse the poo out well then do a condition with another Suave product. I put some conditioner on my scalp and a lot on the length, work it in, and then rinse well. Finish up with an ACV rinse and a quick cold final rinse. I don't rinse all of the ACV out. Lightly oil damp ends, or ears down if needed on the length (canopy mostly). This helps my scalp, but it may not work for you. (o:

I know you said it was not the adjustment, but I suspect your routine changes still have something to do with this....maybe?? Have you tried oiling the scalp with coconut oil, or EVOO? Good luck finding a solution that works for your hair and keeps your scalp happy!

Delila
November 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Shampooing helps me relieve the itchies too, but my scalp is not dry.

Maybe if you did a clarifying shampoo, maybe that would help both your scalp and your ends? (Maybe you have buildup that needs removing?)

GoddesJourney
November 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Actually, it sounds like your scalp is adapting. You went from more or less letting it do its own thing, to shampooing and conditioning. Going back to not doing it could cause the itchies since your scalp will now be much more active than it was when it was enjoying neglect. I went from daily washing shampoo and conditioner to every other day and it gave me itchies and a few months of horrible dandruff. I wouldn't rule out your scalp adapting just because it had a different reaction in the past, especially if it was a reaction to something else, like starting to use shampoo instead of stopping.