sonng
November 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM
cant see the text though :(

sincerebydesign
November 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM
cant see the text though :(

I found the text! :cheese:

ONE YEAR:
Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

TWO YEARS:
The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.
Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

THREE YEARS:
Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows an average of six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.
If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

FOUR YEARS:
Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

heatherdazy
November 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
What a great visual! Where did you find it?

sonng
November 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
:DDDD thanks

sonng
November 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
What a great visual! Where did you find it?
:( I dont remember ...

Aquamarine
November 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
wow..that's just awesome..thanks for posting this:)

TheEndlessOcean
November 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Holy cow, if only 24" reached that far on me :eek:

Gingevere
November 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, I remember seeing this on a hair website recently... can't recall which one, though. I'll try to find it again.

Holy cow, if only 24" reached that far on me

I know, right? I'm at about 28.5" and I'm barely past BSL. So frustrating!

Hydrilus
November 13th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Nice find, though going by that pic I'm pretty sure my hair grows faster than what it shows hehe

Kunoichi
November 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
The measurement on that page is also different than the way it's done on here. They have it measured from the top / crown of the head, we measure from the hairline.
Nice for reference though. :pumpkin:

MissManda
November 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
That's a very handy picture! :) I like the model's hair color. :D It looks like a scan from a magazine because the text was so tiny. I mean, I use Windows Magnifier to read, and I had to squint to read it. lol

And yeah, I think my hair also grows faster than the rate at which it shows. . . I have been growing my hair out for two years and it's only about an inch and a half from waist length, which is about 29".

Katrina
November 13th, 2009, 05:46 AM
The pic is from TILHC (The International Long Hair Club), I'm quite sure ;): http://www.*************/HCP/growth.htm

Belisarius
November 13th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah, I remember seeing this on a hair website recently... can't recall which one, though. I'll try to find it again.

I know, right? I'm at about 28.5" and I'm barely past BSL. So frustrating! If only. I'm 26 inch if I pull my hair, but with the curls and my own length it barely reaches my shoulders.

MsBubbles
November 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I know, right? I'm at about 28.5" and I'm barely past BSL. So frustrating!

If only. I'm 26 inch if I pull my hair, but with the curls and my own length it barely reaches my shoulders.

You do know they're only counting inches from the back (top) of the head, right? We include measurement across the top of our heads too, here, which for me is about 6". So if I add 6" to the model's '24' inch waist length hair measurement, I get 30", which is about right for me.

windinherhair
November 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Great picture!! I think that is about where I was at four years, but I also had been trimming every few months!

Edit: Well, my hair was longer at this at 4 years with trims, but I had also started at chin length! I have figured my growth rate to be more then a 1/2 inch a month.

I hadn't heard that part about hair growing slower in the winter??

Shiva
November 13th, 2009, 08:43 AM
The pic is from TILHC (The International Long Hair Club), I'm quite sure ;): http://www.*************/HCP/growth.htm
That's a great site, thanks for posting it.

JamieLeigh
November 13th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Interesting hair facts! Thanks for posting! :)

Wind Dragon
November 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Holy cow, if only 24" reached that far on me :eek:

They're measuring straight down from level with the top of the head, not over the top the way we measure it, to approximate the actual length of the hairs themselves from where they start growing to where they end up. Measured that way, 24" is waist on me, and 24" from my nape (the lowest point at which a hair starts growing) is between hip and tailbone -- precisely where my hair thins out to nothing when it's at terminal. Huh.

The "Each hair has a life span of about 2 years" bit isn't consistent with the rest of it, though. Two years at 1/2" a month would only be 12" hairs. Mine would wisp out at BSL if that were the case, instead of hip.

longforhim
November 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Great picture! Thanks for sharing!

Hydrilus
November 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Maybe that's 2 years of BADLY cared for hair Wind Dragon...and constant trims to survive (yet prolong) the awkward stage :p hehe

Amara
November 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Well, that picture is not measured the "LHC way"... it's just from the top of her head, rather than her front hairline and OVER the top of her head. So those numbers won't mesh with what you're used to if you're doing it "our way." :)

ETA: Whoops, SEVERAL other people posted this thought before me. :)

enfys
November 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Some of it doesn't make sense, although it is an inspirational picture.

ONE YEAR: Fine, nothing to see here, move along.

TWO YEARS: Each hair has a span of two years? Yet you show how long they get in four? With such a thick hemline they have a lot of growing to do? I can't remember the strands figures I've read previously.

THREE YEARS: Nothing can speed up your rate of growth? Nothing at all? Not vitamins, a healthy diet, monistat, or even drinking water? Darn it. If yours never gets past your shoulders it's also possible it's not getting the best care.

FOUR YEARS: Why shampoo? Lots of members use other things than shampoo. Good point about trimming though.

I actually think it could be a little discouraging to people just starting out growing their hair. That said I love the picture they use.

julliams
November 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mine is 24 inches and sometimes I wonder if it's even at APL. I guess this is measuring from the crown rather than from the hairline at the forehead. Interesting text. Thanks for posting.

ETA - sorry for repeating - I didn't read all the responses first.