PDA

View Full Version : CO Washing

mewantcookies14
November 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Ladies,

I'm new I've been reading a lot and this is my first post. Thanks to your wonderful CO only thread; I have been doing that for the last 3 weeks and my hair is so soft, the frizzies that have are not as bad as they used to be.

The only problem that I have is if I put products in my hair after the shower my hair feels sticky, and just plan gross.

Any suggestions for keeping the frizz away while keeping that softness that I have.

TIA!

Wavelength
November 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
My first response is, "Then don't put products in afterward"... but maybe more information is needed.

For example, what is your hair type, and what products are you using after your shower?

Glad you're getting positive results so far, and welcome to the boards! :)

mewantcookies14
November 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
My hair is fine thin and naturally curly.

In the shower using the Suave Coconut conditioner. Once a week I use the coconut shampoo followed by either the Lush Jungle conditioner or the Pantene Restoratives Time Renewal Mask.

After I've tried the Garnier curl sculpting cream-gel, the leave in conditioner and the sleek and shine.

Anje
November 12th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I can't leave conditioner in because it gets rather gross and sticky, too. I've had better luck with tiny amounts of oil (sesame's my favorite, coconut and jojoba are more popular). Aloe vera gel is another popular leave-in around here. It gives a little light hold, and I don't feel like it makes hair particularly weird or gross, unless I really glop it on, in which case it tangles more.

mewantcookies14
November 12th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Do the oils cut down on frizzies?

Elphie
November 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I take a little bit of aloe gel and a small scraping of coconut oil, mix it together and put it on my hair when it's almost dry. I find that an excellent way to cut down on frizz.

Anje
November 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Do the oils cut down on frizzies?

Yes. However, there's a delicate balance between enough to kill the frizzies and enough to make it get clumpy. Wavies and curlies don't mind the clumps, but finding that perfect amount of oil can be a bit tricky for people about 2a and straighter.