View Full Version : my lazy SMT without the honey!

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Well last night I did a deep oil with grape seed oil and this morning I put some boots 59p conditioner over my hair (no wetting first), then I got a palm full of aloe vera gel and massaged this into the ends and smoothed over the canopy. 1 hour later after going under my heat cap and rinsed off, result smooth, shiny frizz free hair!

Great for those who dont like honey (I do but my daughter ate it all) and cannot be bothered to mix the AVG up for one reason or another. Great for hair thats prone to curl, wave or frizz!

I sound like a advertisment here!

Heidi_234
November 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I had awesome result with applying conditioner to dry hair, lots of it - saturating my hair with it, then leaving it on for about one hour. It really makes a great deep treatment out of the cheapest conditioner :D

bikerblue
November 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Do you think you could do this without leaving the oil in overnight and have good results?

spidermom
November 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Do you think you could do this without leaving the oil in overnight and have good results?

I believe so. Sometimes I saturate my length in conditioner while I relax in a steamy bath, then rinse it out at the end, or wash it out if my scalp area is oily (sebumy?), and my hair will be soft, shiny, and well conditioned.

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I see no reason why not, if you wrap it in cling film, the heat from your head will help it work.

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I had awesome result with applying conditioner to dry hair, lots of it - saturating my hair with it, then leaving it on for about one hour. It really makes a great deep treatment out of the cheapest conditioner :D

I think it works better to be honest, especially in parched hair. I like to heavy oil first for as long as I can, try it with a bit of AVG not on all hair just on the canopy and length, it works a treat!

Kris Dove
November 12th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Ooh, I might try this out sometime, leaving the honey out would make the SMT vegan-friendly! :)

bikerblue
November 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Jojo - thanks for posting this I'll be trying it on sunday (hair wash night)

Spidermom do you wear a shower cap to do this or is the steam from the bath enough?

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
a shower cap or cling film works great, let me know how you like it!

bikerblue
November 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I couldn't wait until Sunday and have just rinse your lazy SMT out of my all i can say is WOW silky hair or what, thanks Jojo for sharing this its fantastic!

little_acorn
November 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
This is good to know - I'll definitely give this a go :D

jojo
November 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I couldn't wait until Sunday and have just rinse your lazy SMT out of my all i can say is WOW silky hair or what, thanks Jojo for sharing this its fantastic!

:cheese:thats brilliant! so glad you liked it. Doesn't it just make the frizz go? I love the shine it gives too, i am so happy for you that it turned out so well xxx

jojo
November 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I believe so. Sometimes I saturate my length in conditioner while I relax in a steamy bath, then rinse it out at the end, or wash it out if my scalp area is oily (sebumy?), and my hair will be soft, shiny, and well conditioned.try it with AVG on ends and canopy, it will bring your curls to boinging point!

julliams
November 15th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Sorry but what is AVG?

julliams
November 15th, 2009, 04:04 AM
:doh: I'm a dope - AVG is Aloe Vera Gel