PDA

View Full Version : My hair is currently marinating...

Qamar
November 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Yes, marinating. I reached the point of not being able to stand three plus months worth of roots so tonight became hair pampering night. I separated out the purple strands and baggied them up in a mixture of deep conditioner and honey to deep moisturize them whilst the rest of my hair got pampered. Then I applied my henna mix (henna, ginger powder, black tea, egg, ACV and olive oil) to the roots and top third of my hair. The bottom two thirds I slathered in camellia oil, deep conditioner and honey so they were very well coated. Then I took the remaining henna mixture and painted it on and throughout the bottom two thirds of my hair to freshen the henna but not get as deep a colour layer as I needed on the top of my head. I slapped a plastic bag over the entire heavy concoction and here I sit, letting it marinate in good stuff. Technically it is marinating since there is both vinegar and oil in there. :eek:

I usually just henna or do an SMT, so this is an experiment in doing both simultaneously. Wish me luck for my desired outcome! With any luck I'll get natural looking auburn again and make my ends far less crunchy than they've been for a month or so.

Qamar
November 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Of course, I WILL end up with a stiff neck from the weight my hair covered in goo. Ah well...its a fair price to pay and bound to be FAR better than commercial dye both in terms of health effects and overall results.

RavennaNight
November 11th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Enjoy the soak!

Eta: or should I say hairinade!

MBonn
November 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Good luck! Let us know how it works out :)

Qamar
November 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Ooooo...hairinade! I *like* it!

JCFantasy23
November 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Well just wanted to let you know I love the term marinating for hair http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/CFAngel180/biggrin.gif

camirra555
November 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Enjoy the soak!

Eta: or should I say hairinade!

Hairinade...I like that!

I'm due for a henndigo soon. I always procrastinate because of the amount of time it takes

Qamar
November 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Do you do henndingo as a one or two step process?

Qamar
November 11th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Well, my hair is still wet so I can't tell how the colour came out, but the overall feel of my hair is vastly improved from before. My ends feel soft and silky again and no longer have that crispy somewhat tacky velcro feel to them. Overall it was less tangly than usual and took much less time to comb out. If the colour comes out as I intended I'll keep this as a new method for henna-ing.

Now...off to go attack my sleeping honey with my cold wet hair. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

longhairedfairy
November 12th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Well, my hair is still wet so I can't tell how the colour came out, but the overall feel of my hair is vastly improved from before. My ends feel soft and silky again and no longer have that crispy somewhat tacky velcro feel to them. Overall it was less tangly than usual and took much less time to comb out. If the colour comes out as I intended I'll keep this as a new method for henna-ing.
Are you going to post pictures?:D

Now...off to go attack my sleeping honey with my cold wet hair. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaha!

Shermie Girl
November 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Pictures would be nice... :drama:

That is one wonderful thing I miss so much about henna; how wonderful my hair felt. How slippy it was... My hair almost never tangled and when it did, the tangles just fell out before my comb. *sigh*

How did your sweetie like the cold, wet hair? :lol:

camirra555
November 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Do you do henndingo as a one or two step process?

I started off doing the one step but then my hair was coming out too red (maybe I was putting too much henna). Then after the last one step my hair was still too reddish so a week later I did an indigo only and it worked great. Come to think of it, I still need to post the pics I took.

Medievalmaniac
November 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
hmmmm....pics? ;P

Qamar
November 12th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Oooooh! It came out exactly like I wanted it to! The roots are redder than I like, but thats a function of my increasing proportion of silver and not of the henna itself. Happy happy hair!

Qamar
November 12th, 2009, 11:07 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=55136

Per request, my hair post hairinade.

Yozhik
November 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Beautiful! I've been debating for most of the day about whether or not I should SMT today or tomorrow . . . I think you just empowered me :)

little_acorn
November 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
looks great :D

camirra555
November 12th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Very nice! Looking good!

Qamar
November 13th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Now if only it would thicken up. *sigh*

Monsterkitti
November 13th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Looks lovely, really soft and shiny :) Definatly encouraged me to do some DT of my own :D