PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get to your current length?

MakeLoveNotWar
November 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I am trying to grow my hair out, and while I know that hair grows an average of 1/2 inch a month, I'm curious to see how long it look you lovely ladies and gents to grow your long tresses. :)

ZenBird07
November 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM
This time around I've gone from shoulder-ish to waist-ish from the month of june-ish to the month of november-ish (now-ish)... -ish is the new -ay for pig latin hair speak...?...:D

Speckla
November 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
2 years to go from pixie to APL to shoulder back to APL. :)

Peter
November 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I started growing around Dec. 2006 / Jan. 2007, so I've got another month or two before it will have been 3 years. In this time I've gone from short (a few inches long) to almost waist.

InTheCity
November 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
While I'm not exactly at a notable length yet... I went from not-yet-APL in January to almost BSL now. I'm saying I'll be full BSL next month, so 11 months. That included one nice trim of less than an inch.

Welcome and here's a fair warning for you - after seeing all the beautiful long hairs on here, your goals may change :p

First I wanted full BSL... but I know for sure I'll want to get close to waste instead.

Coriander
November 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Well, I started growing my hair back out after the Boot Camp chop in December 2003/ January 2004. It was definitely above chin level... had that cut from about waist-length, I think.

I had a few trims here and there and a big chop of about 6-8 inches in March 2008.

If I had left my hair alone and NOT had it Boot Camp Chopped, I would probably have ridiculously long hair. As it stands, I'm approaching classic.

Let's see...
Waist length, approx 30 inches.
Chopped 17"
Chopped another 8 after letting it grow again...
Chopped about 4 with the trims...
Total chopped: 29".
Add that to my current 39.25" and we would have 68.25".

My hair would be on the ground had I left it alone. :o

DARKMARTIAN
November 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
about 6 years....with a couple of cuts of six inches or so along the way.....however...i very rarely get it trimmed which would reduce splits to a greater degree i guess........:(

squee
November 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
6 years from pixie to tailbone

Peter
November 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM

If I had left my hair alone and NOT had it Boot Camp Chopped, I would probably have ridiculously long hair. As it stands, I'm approaching classic.

Only on LHC... :D

Eniratak
November 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I went from around ear length to classic in six years, I believe. XD.

JaneinMarch
November 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
In October '08 I had it cut to 1/2 inch. 13 and one-half months later it's a little below shoulder. I think my hair grows slightly faster than average.

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM
About 3 years to reach waist from bsl. Hair stalled for years at bsl but I was spayed and my hair started growing after the operation. Happy days!! :)

Hydrilus
November 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I started out with a typical short hair length for a guy...around 1.5 inches I believe? It's been 14 months since that hair cut and my bangs are just passed my jaw, rest of my hair is just passed shoulders now

Smitts
November 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
It has taken me 6 to almost 7 years just to get it where it is now.

I'm not happy with the current length.
I think if it is my terminal I'll just cut it all off or kill myself, lol.

I doubt it's my terminal though.

windinherhair
November 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
It is hard to say because I never kept record of it before. I started at about chin length in 2000 and then by 2004 I was at waist, and I maintained at the same length for years because I was trimming. I was also trimming often the whole time I was growing which made it slower I was gaining length.

Since I joined LHC, I have figured my growth rate to be about 0.8 inch a month, so doing the math you can figure about how fast my hair grows, and without all the trimming I was doing before, it grows a lot faster now.

friskybiznus
November 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Two years to grow from a long-ish pixie to hip.

MakeLoveNotWar
November 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm growing from a pixie and that was about a year and a few months ago. Now it's about an inch below the collarbone in front and a few inches from between my shoulder blades in back. I'm hoping for APL by my birthday in May

eadwine
November 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
2.5 years at the moment, to get from the first signature picture to pretty much waist. I did trim in between, more often at first than now though. :)

RancheroTheBee
November 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
About 10 months to get from earlobe to collarbone. That's about 5 inches, which is really quite average. But I did trim a bit.

masterofmidgets
November 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
About 5 years to get from earlobes to tailbone. Give or take a year, I'm honestly not sure any more when I started trying to grow it out.

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I had a short, heavily layered bob ear lobe length in December 05, by December 06 I was at shoulder, by December 07 I was APL, by December 08 I was BSL and now in November I am 3" off waist (just had 2" cut off to get rid of V hemline)

Notice a pattern, it seems it takes me exactly a year to reach a milestone!

FrozenPrincess
November 12th, 2009, 06:07 AM
To get from about 2 inches long to classic length has taken me about 7 years, but there have been a few trims in there.

Fiferstone
November 12th, 2009, 06:11 AM
From at shoulder in 1987 (around 17.5 inches long measured from hairline) to waist-length in 1997 (31.5 inches measured from hairline). I either had trims or self-trimmed at least once every 12 months. It took about 10 years to grow 14 inches, or about 1.4 inches of growth per year on average. I'm sure the average is artificially shortened by the loss from the trims (I probably trimmed about an inch each year, but that's necessary because my hair is fine and gets really snarly, shaggy velcro-ends and I like a blunt hemline.

2peasinapod
November 12th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I had a very short pixie in February when I decided to start growing my hair. It's now at my chin in the front and at my collar in the back (slightly longer when stretched out). My hair is a little wavy, so it's been growing wavier as it gets longer, impacting the length
(I don't mind though, I've always wanted wavy hair :) )

Finoriel
November 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM
9 years from pixie to almost knee. With frequent trimming to keep a neat hemline.

mira-chan
November 12th, 2009, 06:46 AM
From waist to currently mid thigh, 7 years. I've had a couple of big-ish trims in the first year or 3, and some stalls, one year long one last year.

otherarrow
November 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I'm growing from a pixie and that was about a year and a few months ago. Now it's about an inch below the collarbone in front and a few inches from between my shoulder blades in back. I'm hoping for APL by my birthday in May

Seems we have the same goal. I was hoping to be at the same spot around my birthday in may ;)

JamieLeigh
November 12th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I grow about an inch a month, but I also trim off about 1/2 of it to keep it even. The only problem with fast-growing hair, that I can see, is that if you're wanting anything that doesn't taper, you're out of luck unless you trim often. So I do.

missjessiecakes
November 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Only on LHC... :D

:spitting:I know right.

MsBubbles
November 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
22 months to get from shoulder length to mid-back length. Or 18" to 28", or 10" overall length improvement.

Leena7
November 15th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I went from pixie in April to shoulder length by October/November.

Wanderer09
November 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I think I went from between shoulder and APL in December 2007 to waist-length in September 09

Shastrix
November 15th, 2009, 04:08 PM
It's taken me 25 months to get from short-back-and-sides (3 cm/1 inch) to APL (58 cm/23 inches). During that time I had two awful hair cuts where I was robbed of perhaps 10-15 cm (4-6 inches) in total. :(

CaityBear
November 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM
3 years and 2 months to get from chin length to tailbone.

RoseRedDead
November 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I'm approximately waist-length right now. I grew from slightly above shoulder to where I am (with trims) in 2 years, 10 months, 15 days.

My hair has in the past grown very slowly, or so I've thought. I've had a stall at least once during this time, and now I'm finally getting out of it.