PDA

View Full Version : static

lady G
April 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
some days my hair is full of static it drives me mad, how does this happen sometimes and what is the best way to avoid it?

Shanarana
April 23rd, 2008, 05:37 AM
I heard that some people will smooth a softer sheet over their hair. I will usually use some coconut oil, and I also find using a wooden comb works very well.

Hope that helps some.

lady G
April 23rd, 2008, 05:57 AM
I heard that some people will smooth a softer sheet over their hair. I will usually use some coconut oil, and I also find using a wooden comb works very well.

Hope that helps some.

what is a sofetr sheet? is it what i think it is for clothes to eliminate static?

xxx

lady G
April 23rd, 2008, 05:57 AM

Hope that helps some.

what is a sofetr sheet? is it what i think it is to use on clothes to eliminate static?:)

Bonny
April 23rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I think she means a dryer softener sheet, the kind you toss into your clothes dryer to soften your clothes.

lady G
April 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
ah right :) odd but will probably work!!! if the static keeps coming i will try it or plug myself into a socket and my hair will light up with all the electricity:D

PseudoScot
April 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
What kind of comb/brush do you use? Switching from plastic to a natural material, such as horn or wood, will really help! If you do a search for 'horn comb' or 'wood comb' here you'll find plenty of info. :)

Tapioca
April 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Switching to a wood comb helped a lot. Also, moisture! If my hair gets staticky, a misting really helps. Plain water will work, but I love Kimberlily's de-frizz spray. She has a recipe on the boards somewhere. Do a search for it.

happylynngilmer
April 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
I have used a dryer sheet, but in a pinch only. I have not had static issues since I switched to using a wood comb and doing regular oilings.