PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lush

ladiosaRosa
November 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Where on line, for those of you who have the experience, is the best place to shop for Lush hair conditioner?

Thank you, all.

Hay22
November 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I've only purchased Lush products from the Lush website - I don't think I even considered the possibility that other sites might have it. The only advice I do have is to not have any of their bars shipped to you in the summer months because the results when you open the box might not be pretty.

amaiaisabella
November 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Amazon sells it, but they're real stingy with the samples when they mail out. Best to call a LUSH store directly and have them mail to you, or order online.

ChrissieM
November 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I've heard that you can get better prices if you order from the LUSH UK website vs. North America. I like Lush Veganese conditioner, but it's $27 a bottle here! I have a bottle thanks to a gift certificate, but if I repurchase I might buy from the UK and save.

Kaijah
November 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM
When I went through my Lush addiction phase (;P), I always ordered from Lush UK online. It's quite a bit cheaper than the Lush NA site, including the shipping charges - plus you get really fresh product ordering online. Also, the shipping for me was always faster from the UK factory than it was from the Canadian factory (~5-7 days versus 10+).
http://www.lush.co.uk/

The NA forum was pretty awesome though, if you want to read reviews/get more descriptions of scents. http://forum.lush.com/forum/

Fiferstone
November 11th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Definitely, buy from LUSH online directly (UK) if you don't have access to one of their stores. If you can get to a LUSH store it's worth the experience. LUSH does have counters in large department stores in some places, but there aren't really any authorized re-sellers on the web, though people do re-sell stuff. The problem is that you may not get very fresh product that way. I'm lucky in that I've got several stores close by, but I'd definitely recommend checking out the NA LUSH forum. People are quite detailed in their reviews and very willing to help one another.

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I just went on the website and this stuff looks wonderful! Is there any recommendations on their products, anything better or less than better?

insaney2001
November 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Yea definetly order straight from the website. I've never ordered from the uk site yet but from all acounts its cheaper specially for conditioners etc... I have a store quite close by so I generally shop there.

insaney2001
November 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Ladycatpurrs I absolutely adore the american cream conditioner it smells amazing and it does a great job keeping my hair moisturized and healthy. The solid conditioner Jungle is also great. And any of their solid shampoos. Theyre all ausome. My favorites are seanic and the blond but I hear gentle lentle is also amazing for long hair you can get that one from the web site in the retro section. LOL i love lush soo much i think i could probably talk about it all day long.

Keeping fingers crossed i get that job.

Carolyn
November 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I've never ordered on line. It's something I just don't consider except as a last resort.

I love the Sea Salt Scrub for face and body. Hair Doctor is an awesome conditioner. I liked H'Suan Wen Hua a lot. I thought Curly Wurly was a nice moisturizing shampoo but it left me with bits of coconut in my hair. I also liked the American Cream.

I was surprised to like the Jungle conditioner and the solid shampoos. I can't remember which ones I tried. I hated the Chagrin Valley bars so this was a very pleasant surprise.

I'm finding their site SUPER difficult to navigate and very limited. It's of no help at all.

Cinnamon Hair
November 11th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hijack this but I have a shipping question about the UK site. They have 2 options for shipping. One is 26 pounds and the other is 6 pounds. Big difference. Obviously there is a reason, but what is it? The 6 pound option is called "NA Royal Mail 1" will that ship to the USA or is it only for UK shipping?

ETA: Never mind. Found the answer myself.

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Ladycatpurrs I absolutely adore the american cream conditioner it smells amazing and it does a great job keeping my hair moisturized and healthy. The solid conditioner Jungle is also great. And any of their solid shampoos. Theyre all ausome. My favorites are seanic and the blond but I hear gentle lentle is also amazing for long hair you can get that one from the web site in the retro section. LOL i love lush soo much i think i could probably talk about it all day long.

Keeping fingers crossed i get that job.

Thank you so much! I think I have been persuaded to order..I AM kind of concerned though about the American Cream Conditioner--do you think they use REAL Americans in there or that fake stuff?
And good luck with the job situation!!

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I've never ordered on line. It's something I just don't consider except as a last resort.

I love the Sea Salt Scrub for face and body. Hair Doctor is an awesome conditioner. I liked H'Suan Wen Hua a lot. I thought Curly Wurly was a nice moisturizing shampoo but it left me with bits of coconut in my hair. I also liked the American Cream.

I was surprised to like the Jungle conditioner and the solid shampoos. I can't remember which ones I tried. I hated the Chagrin Valley bars so this was a very pleasant surprise.

I'm finding their site SUPER difficult to navigate and very limited. It's of no help at all.

Carolyn, does the Sea Salt Scrub have much of a fragrance?

Carolyn
November 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Carolyn, does the Sea Salt Scrub have much of a fragrance?Not too much. It's mild but it's nice. It also tastes good if you get a little in your mouth :D

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Not too much. It's mild but it's nice. It also tastes good if you get a little in your mouth :D

Thank you...that sounds like a good product.

insaney2001
November 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey ,
Its called ocean salt and it smells a little like a margarita. I found it a little harsh but my sister liked it alot i just have dryer skin.

RancheroTheBee
November 12th, 2009, 01:14 AM

I don't get it - they used to be quite simple to navigate, and then they just changed everything and it's now completely impossible. And half their products seem to be missing! Gah.

insaney2001
November 12th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Yea they changed their site to the uk look. I prefered it the other way but ohh well. its ok once u get used to it. though its a little annoying that christmas and retro have their own seperate sections.

Carolyn
November 12th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Yea they changed their site to the uk look. I prefered it the other way but ohh well. its ok once u get used to it. though its a little annoying that christmas and retro have their own seperate sections.I couldn't even find Hair Doctor on the website. That was one of the things I wanted to show ladiosaRosa. Also I forgot to mention that their dusting powders are so nice.

insaney2001
November 12th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I thought the hair doctor was a fresh product you could only get in stores. I know the one near me has it. and how did that work for you i've been eyeing it.

lora410
November 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I almost ordered from lush until I saw how much shipping was :thud: I found a lush store though int he mall near us. I really am not fond of their products though.

CaityBear
November 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I really liked the Herbalism and Fresh Farmacy face cleansers. They work really good on my skin. I tend to not use many cleansers on my face, but I like to use those sometimes.