PDA

View Full Version : Updo instruction video: Suggestions, please!

Hypnotica
November 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
As I'm spending the weekend and the following week utterly alone, I'm thinking of doing another video.

But I have not any new ideas in store, so I thought that I maybe could do an already known style that maybe does not have video.

Any suggestions?

saskia_madding
November 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Oh my god, an upside-down French Braid. PLEASE. I have looked everywhere for a video for this and still can't find one. I have a book, but the only tip is "bend over really far". I think I really need to see this one in action.

ravenreed
November 11th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Did you ever do one for the updo in your album where you are wearing the snake barrette? Or is it something simple that I should be able to guess?

Kerynna
November 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I have never been able to find a video for how to do a Gibralter bun ...

above_rubies
November 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
How about Spidermom's bun that stays? Or does it need to be one of your own inventions? I just can't get this one. I think it's because my hair isn't long enough but I would still like to see it done just the same.

little_acorn
November 11th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Gibralter and Spidermoms buns :D - 2 for the price of one????

Your videos are really helpful when you are as updo challenged as me!!

Heidi_234
November 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Maybe you could bring my idea (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=56232) to life... *little evil snicker*

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I look forward to seeing more of of your videos. I have learned lots of new ways to wear my hair from forum member's vids. Thanks!

nmarie33
November 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yes, gibraltar bun please! I cannot figure out how it works from the existing instructions.

pepperminttea
November 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Gibraltar and Spidermom's buns :D - 2 for the price of one????

Your videos are really helpful when you are as updo challenged as me!!

Yes, please! I've always been a bit confused by both of these, I'd love to see them in action! :)

Jessikinz
November 11th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Same here. I would love to see a video for this!!! :D

forgetmenotak
November 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
If you know how to do the sideways french twist that would be really fantastic, I am still trying to figure it out.
Other than that I would like to see the Gibralter bun too. :)

angelthadiva
November 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Looks like you might have a full weekend after all...Eagerly awaiting new videos :drama:

My vote is 4 or 5 strand braid.

Hypnotica
November 12th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Did you ever do one for the updo in your album where you are wearing the snake barrette? Or is it something simple that I should be able to guess?

Um....I can't remeber how I did that....or is it a poofy bun maybe? I had much shorter hair then, so I don't think I can do it again.

Hm. I have hafd troubles doing the Gibraltar, but I will look into it once again.

How about Spidermom's bun that stays? Or does it need to be one of your own inventions? I just can't get this one. I think it's because my hair isn't long enough but I would still like to see it done just the same.

Haven't tried Spidermom's bun! Do you have a link?

Maybe you could bring my idea (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=56232) to life... *little evil snicker*

I get it....hm......Maybe. I will try.

Looks like you might have a full weekend after all...Eagerly awaiting new videos :drama:

My vote is 4 or 5 strand braid.

I can not braid :)

Alaia
November 12th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I'm Nth-ing the votes for gibraltar/spidermom buns!

:D

ETA: Spidermom's bun-that-stays (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=123)

angelthadiva
November 12th, 2009, 07:30 AM
NO! :wail:

above_rubies
November 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oops sorry, forgot this thread. Here is the link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=123) to spidermom's bun. Eagerly awaiting your new videos. :D

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Here is the video for Spidermom's bun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoBA2OhZrcU

LaurelSpring
November 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I just watched the video and its great! It made it so clear. Thank you !! I dont have quite enough hair yet to make the rounds but I could stick it through the loop and it seemed ok still.

Marika
November 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you so much for the video, I finally managed to do this bun correctly!:) And lovely song too, I actually understood most of the lyrics!:D

Heidi_234
November 14th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I just watched the video and its great! It made it so clear. Thank you !! I dont have quite enough hair yet to make the rounds but I could stick it through the loop and it seemed ok still.
Hey yeah! A cheater's Spidermom bun for shorter hair - make one loop, then wrap the rest around the base, and then split the loop like florenonite's split bun and secure with a stick. I think it would work on shorter hair. :ponder:

missjessiecakes
November 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I love this bun. I just love how it looks. When I have long hair finally this will be the first thing my hair goes into. :D

Also I LOVE the music in your videos.

Redheaded Raven
November 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Wow That is super Hypnotica! Thanks for the video, I always love yours. So are you going to do the other or did you decide on just the one? Pretty please? :D:cheese::cheese::cheese:

saskia_madding
November 14th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Next request is a french crown roll (http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/instruct/hair-roll/). I've got a thread in the mane forum asking for tips and pretty much only one person can do the hairstyle. :D

Fairlight63
November 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the video! My hair is BSL - so not as long as the one in the video - something to grow into :)

I tried doing it with one loop then wrap around the base like what was mentioned up above (Thank You!) I don't have a hair stick, so I used a Flex-8 & it worked good, seems solid & won't fall out of my fine, thin hair. So now I don't have to use those evil hair bands that seem to be breaking off my hair at the nape.

Thank you!

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much for the video, I finally managed to do this bun correctly!:) And lovely song too, I actually understood most of the lyrics!:D

It's from one of the best swedish films ever :)

I love this bun. I just love how it looks. When I have long hair finally this will be the first thing my hair goes into. :D

Also I LOVE the music in your videos.

Thank you! I love this song so much.

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Wow That is super Hypnotica! Thanks for the video, I always love yours. So are you going to do the other or did you decide on just the one? Pretty please? :D:cheese::cheese::cheese:

The Gibraltar Bun? Probably tomorrow or sometime this week. I'm home alone for a week.

angelthadiva
November 14th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Very cool! :thumbsup: Eagerly awaiting your next video :drama:

pepperminttea
November 14th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Hey yeah! A cheater's Spidermom bun for shorter hair - make one loop, then wrap the rest around the base, and then split the loop like florenonite's split bun and secure with a stick. I think it would work on shorter hair. :ponder:

Thanks for this - my hair is only *just* too short for the proper bun, my tail untucks before I have a chance to separate the loops, but this works perfectly. It's so weirdly secure, it's wonderful! :)

above_rubies
November 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah! Thank you! I always wondered if those loops were supposed to cross over, now I know they don't. My hair isn't quite long enough but almost. Can't wait till it is and I'll be watching you vid when I do it.
:disco:

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM

I just tried - and yes, it was sucessfull! :D No video on it, yet..

rosieposie
November 14th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I vote for the orchid bun. My hair is too short for this style yet but I sooooo want to try it as soon as I can.
Your instruction videos are so clear and easy to understand. Almost every style I can manage has come from your instructions.
Thank you so much for taking the time to teach the updo-challenged like myself :)

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I vote for the orchid bun. My hair is too short for this style yet but I sooooo want to try it as soon as I can.
Your instruction videos are so clear and easy to understand. Almost every style I can manage has come from your instructions.
Thank you so much for taking the time to teach the updo-challenged like myself :)

Do you have a link to that bun?

clichepithet
November 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Thank you for showing this bun in motion! I "faved" your instructions. My hair isn't long enough for this yet - but I can't wait to try it. I'm still trying to master the Lazy Wrap Bun. I figure one style at a time is good enough for me. But thanks to you and Spidermom. XD

aprilmay
November 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I frequently recommend this forum for our customers who are wanting instruction for up dos. Thank you for contributing to this effort for all of us who are limited in our skills with up dos. :)

Heidi_234
November 14th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I just tried - and yes, it was sucessfull! :D No video on it, yet..
Yay :happydance: :D

Heidi_234
November 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I tried doing it with one loop then wrap around the base like what was mentioned up above (Thank You!) I don't have a hair stick, so I used a Flex-8 & it worked good, seems solid & won't fall out of my fine, thin hair. So now I don't have to use those evil hair bands that seem to be breaking off my hair at the nape.

Thank you!

Thanks for this - my hair is only *just* too short for the proper bun, my tail untucks before I have a chance to separate the loops, but this works perfectly. It's so weirdly secure, it's wonderful! :)

You're welcome :flower: I wasn't sure it will work, because I have enough hair for the actual Spiderbun, so I glad to hear it does! :D

little_acorn
November 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you :flowers: I can now do the cheaters Spidermum bun :D, not enough hair to do the full one :(

rosieposie
November 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
hope this works Hypnotica :)
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=685102&postcount=1

angelthadiva
November 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh, the orchid bun is one of my personal favorites to do. There is one on youtube, but the gal is a bit too close to the camera :(

Hypnotica
November 15th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Now the Gibraltar Bun is up too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXfp_wANOkw

Isilme
November 15th, 2009, 06:17 AM
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/cascade.htm
I know you say you can't braid, but if you feel up for a challenge I would love a video of this one!:D

Gothic Lolita
November 15th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the video for Spidermom's bun! I don't know what my problem was with the instructions, but somehow I neve got it right. Now, I understood it completely and can't wat to try it out and wear proudly a different bun than my boring old cinnamon bun.

and I second the request for the Ochid bun! I simply don't understand what it is with "flipping the U-shaped thingy"...

Snowblood
November 15th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Hypnotica, thank you for making these great updo videos! Because of your instructions the flipped bun and the hypno bun belong to my favourite updos. Very easy to understand for me as an updo dummie. :p

Yeesha
November 15th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Thank you very very much for these videos... I'm finally able to do spidermoms bun thanks to you. :)

EqLady
March 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to say THANKS for all the great videos. I'm eager to get out of my rut of doing the same ol' bun everyday.