PDA

View Full Version : 19 feet 6 & 1/2 inch dreadlock

redneckprincess
November 11th, 2009, 06:44 AM
seen it on the Early show this morning thought Id share..here is a link I dont know if I can post it here if not Im sorry

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/human/longest_dreadlocks-world_record_set_by_Asha_Mandela_80414.htm

this page says 19 feet..though that was last years record, she grew 6.5 in since then

I couldnt find the link on the early show web site

KajiKodomo
November 11th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Her dreads are beautiful! :D

SHELIAANN1969
November 11th, 2009, 06:56 AM
wow! That is a lot of hair. I love her voice, I love the island accents. :heart:

Shermie Girl
November 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM
:bigeyes: Impressive, incredible hair.

I also like her voice, it is lovely to listen to. :)

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 07:50 AM
That is stunning! **Pulls at own hair, grow! Grow!!**

Tressie
November 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Wow, her hair looks really amazing, except I think I would cut the one long dred/dread back to the length of the majority of her hair. I suppose that would negate the record length, but it would bug me a lot to have that one long lock of hair I think!? If she wears it up all the time, though, maybe it isn't an issue?

Thinthondiel
November 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Wow, her dreads are so thin and neat... they look great!

Gingevere
November 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Wow, her hair looks really amazing, except I think I would cut the one long dred/dread back to the length of the majority of her hair. I suppose that would negate the record length, but it would bug me a lot to have that one long lock of hair I think!? If she wears it up all the time, though, maybe it isn't an issue?

I agree, although I bet it makes for a great hair tie. Maybe she just puts the rest up and then wraps that long one around like a cord. ;)

Anyway, her dreads are very beautiful!

rags
November 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM
:bigeyes: Those are some very long dreads! I like that she has thinner, multiple dreads (personal preference for me). I could listen to her talk all day - her accent is lovely!

Quixii
November 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Wow! Her dread locks are actually pretty, and I much prefer them to the one posted here about a month ago (the one that looked like a turd?). I also like that she seems pretty knowledgeable about her hair. She seems like a nice person. :)

pepperminttea
November 11th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, I've never seen such nice looking dreads before! Makes me wish I had the hairtype to pull them off. :)

above_rubies
November 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Wow, that's amazing! I know nothing about dreadlocks so I had a few questions. What about shed hairs? Do they just get locked in with the rest of the hair? Could part of that long one just be shed hairs from a long time ago? Looks cool. I think that's what I would do with my hair if I had her hair type. I would cut it to knee length though so I wouldn't have to carry it around when it's down and to cut down on the headaches from the heaviness.

SurprisingWoman
November 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Her hair is amazing and she is soo comfortable with it. No one could doubt it's real, vs the other video that has been around.

redneckprincess
November 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I believe she keeps the one that long to keep the record and cut the rest back to a managable length and ties the long one up

lilish
November 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Wow one bottle of shampoo every time she washes it?I guess if she lets it hang like a veil behind her she would have to wash the length, but it still floors me.

SHELIAANN1969
November 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Wow! Her dread locks are actually pretty, and I much prefer them to the one posted here about a month ago (the one that looked like a turd?). I also like that she seems pretty knowledgeable about her hair. She seems like a nice person. :)

That made me snicker like a maniac. :rollin: I know, I am 12. :D

Hydrilus
November 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
19 feet holy cow!

I don't think cutting it to the length of the other hair would "negate" the record, but she'd cease to be continually raising the bar if someone else has more length than where she'd cut it to.

spidermom
November 11th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Wow, that's amazing! I know nothing about dreadlocks so I had a few questions. What about shed hairs? Do they just get locked in with the rest of the hair? Could part of that long one just be shed hairs from a long time ago? Looks cool. I think that's what I would do with my hair if I had her hair type. I would cut it to knee length though so I wouldn't have to carry it around when it's down and to cut down on the headaches from the heaviness.

The shed hairs do stay matted into the dreds, for the most part. I'm sure some get away - the shorter shed hairs anyway.

snoopy
November 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
wow that is amazing length .... It must be so hard for her to manage that hair

plainjanegirl
November 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I saw part of this at work today. Some of the older people just could not understand why you would want hair that long. They were like it's not like you win anything did she and I said well she set a record and her name will go in a book but that didnt sound like much to them.

LittleOrca
November 11th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I always love seeing dreads that are so clean and cared for. :) She is wonderful!

Beatnik Guy
November 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
What wonderful dreads! :)

JaneinMarch
November 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm glad she likes it enough to keep taking care of it.
That's got to be some job. Inspiring in a way, esp. since I only have about 1/14th of that amt. of hair on my head.

camirra555
November 11th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Wow very beautiful! Makes me wish I kept growing mine

sincerebydesign
November 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I love dreads like that. They're very beautiful, and suit her wonderfully!

eadwine
November 14th, 2009, 02:47 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. It would look beautiful without that one, it's just an odd one out there.