PDA

View Full Version : Blonde till I dye club!

jojo
November 10th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Calling all bottle blondes, full heads and highlighted, call in here with your routines and tips!

My tips, coconut oil, not heat, Dc and only getting the roots done!

My hair feels brilliant, its a LOT lighter than my siggi (had it done today), the shine is still there and it feels very soft.

Are you a blonde till you dye?

Join the club!

LHktress
November 11th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Yes I am!

(Great title by the way!)

I have two words to add to this thread: blue shampoo.

MsBubbles
November 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Yes I am!

(Great title by the way!)

I have two words to add to this thread: blue shampoo.

After all the talk about blue or purple shampoos here I never did successfully find one anywhere in any stores IRL. Which one do you use, and where do you buy it?

Tabitha
November 11th, 2009, 04:28 AM
There's a long-running thread here that probably has a lot of what you're looking for:

Are you Blonde? Share your tips and tricks (natural and bottle welcome!) (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6310)

Unofficial_Rose
November 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'm in. :)

Re purple shampoos, the best one i have tried was Aussie Moonlight Reflections, which was discontinued a while ago. :mad: The Aveda Blue Malva one lots of people seem to really rate doesn't seem to work on me.

But the best thing I have tried to stop tap water, pollution etc making it brassy is a tip I read on here once (can't remember the poster) which was to put some purple Manic Panic in your conditioner once a week. I'm doing this with Lie Locks and it works. Don't be put off by my avatar, those streaks were full-strength, *on purpose*

kmangus
November 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I second what Tabitha said....

MsBubbles
November 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I had asked about purple on the other blonde thread, which I have also posted on and read in its entirety several times :)...but I was told to google dyes. One thing I love about this site is the personal info, and tried & tested tips. I know I can go google stuff. I'd rather get personalized info here though. So thanks for the info, unofficial rose!

spidermom
November 11th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Try the thread Bottle Blonde Grows Long also - many good tips.

amaiaisabella
November 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I miss being blonde (I seem to be the only one who doesn't think it works with my skintone) so I do have to say I adore all the different variations of blonde I see here!

Debra83
November 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
While I'm a redhead right now, inside I'm a blonde!!!! When I reach my goal length I'm gonna try to go blonde again!!!

jojo
November 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Sorry forgot about the other threads!

Another good product is by redken called blonde glam pure pearl, this is really good at toning down any brassiness, ive used it when the sun made my highlights too light and its really conditioning and also helps make the blonde a little darker, good when roots are coming in.

Shermie Girl
November 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Try the thread Bottle Blonde Grows Long also - many good tips.

That is a good thread. :D

I don't know if I belong on a blonde thread, just yet. I am in transition and still growing and trimming damage and henna. :justy: And the process feels as if it will never end. I want to be blonde again, yesterday! :wail:

heatherdazy
November 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Stopping in to say hello! :D

Syaoransbear
November 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Blonde forever here

I'm just doing the roots, heavy coconut oiling my hair before I shower and showering with garnier fructis triple nutrition.

99% of my damage is from when I used to straighten my fine hair on the hottest setting daily. Now it's pretty much always in a braid and I straighten it probably twice a month just for special occasions. I always straighten my bangs though or else they poof into my eyes. I'd like to never straighten my length ever again but it's really addicting.

natorade
November 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I am a blonde forever. I only get highlights now instead of highlights and a base. I oil my hair with evoo and I use kpak reconstructor twice a month. every other shampoo I use purple shampoo called shimmer lights. My hair dresser used a purple shampoo from Unite once and she said it was the strongest one she had ever used and not to leave it on for more then a minute or you could turn purple or gray. I haven't tried it yet too scared.

heatherdazy
November 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
natorade, you could always dilute your purple shampoo with regular shampoo or try a purple conditioner instead (they are more pastel purple and not as strong plus you don't have to feel weird about trying to shampoo your ends)

natorade
November 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks heatherdazy

Gypsygirl
November 12th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I am blonde...but my hair turns a darker shade of blonde in the winter so I tend to foil highlight it. Probably about 4-5 times a year. I use lots of chamomile and lemon as well.

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM
To answer the blonde works better with my skin tone post, i think if you had blonde as a child , blonde works well, also as you get older your skin tone lightens so better to go lighter if your going to use any colour. Lots of people make the mistake of going as dark as they were when younger, I think this makes a peron look drained.

Alexannee10
November 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I used blue shampoo when I was blond. But I didn't see the difference :)

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Its good if you have the brassiness that people who bleach at home tend to get, hense why I like mine to be done at a salon. Maybe you are not prone to brassiness?

Your hair BTW looks gorgeous in your siggi, really shiny and rich looking.