PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a few "rules"

Laululintu
November 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
It's been over 5 years since I last coloured my hair, 4½ years since I joined LHC and roughly 4 years since I last had my hair cut at a salon. I've been trimming my own hair roughly twice a year in the interim, but I've now reached a point were I feel my hair (which is at the "can I call this classic?"-stage) is starting to be a liability when left down ;):p:o There's too much bulk in places where I don't need it (my bottom is rotund enough on it's own, thank you very much :p) and in general it's gotten to the point where I'm not sure it's really me anymore.

So, I've decided to brave my hair dresser phobia and got see if the nice looking girl at one of my local salons is the right type of person to be allowed near my hair with a pair of scissors. If she is, and seems sympathetic enough, I'll be booking an appointment to get it trimmed a bit and probably low lighted as well. I had layers cut when I was 17, and have missed them almost continuously since they grew out.

And worst of all, if things go my way, I won't even have enough time to deploy the famous 2 week rule. Though, that said, I've been making my mind up about this over the past months, and I feel I can easily handle going back to hip length hair.

If I regret my choice, that's my problem. I'm a big girl now, and should be able to deal with it :p

teela1978
November 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Changes are exciting aren't they? It sounds like you know exactly what you want. Will we get before and after pics? :)

Laululintu
November 10th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Changes are exciting aren't they? It sounds like you know exactly what you want. Will we get before and after pics? :)

My camera died about a month ago, but I'll see if I can dig out a pic from this year :o

An after pic will have to wait as well, but I'll try to make it happen :)

little_acorn
November 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Good luck :flower: - I shall look forward to the photos :D

longhairedfairy
November 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Your hair is beautiful, but I'm sure it will still be lovely in a different cut/style. You should do what makes you happy. If you don't like it you can always grow it back again.:)

Arctic
November 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Nice to hear an update from you! You do what makes you happy, it's important we like what we see in the mirror! Let us know how everything goes and good luck!

spidermom
November 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Have fun with it!

morningstar
November 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Nothing wrong with enjoying your hair. That is why we grow to love it and enjoy. When hair becomes a burden or you are denying your self highlights because of health you need to do what you have done and make a decision. I think you are on to the right path for you. :flower:

nowxisxforever
November 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Let us know how it looks sweetheart! I'm sure it will look great! :)

Tressie
November 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
It sounds like you've decided what you want! That's great and I have a feeling you are going to be happy. As has been pointed out, if you don't love it, you can grow it out!

Just be sure the stylist knows exactly what you want done before the first snip! (o: Good luck~~ (o:

Laululintu
November 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
It sounds like you've decided what you want! That's great and I have a feeling you are going to be happy. As has been pointed out, if you don't love it, you can grow it out!

Just be sure the stylist knows exactly what you want done before the first snip! (o: Good luck~~ (o:

Oh I'll try my damndest to make sure they know exactly what the limits are. I am fairly precious about my hair after all ;)

Laululintu
November 11th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet, and booked an appointment, for Monday November 23rd. I'm already a tiny bit nervous :o

GoldLady
November 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet, and booked an appointment, for Monday November 23rd. I'm already a tiny bit nervous :o

You'll be fine! Just be very specific about how much you want taken off (I've heard good stories from folks taking a tape measure in to check before and after) and you'll look great for Thanksgiving! :pumpkin:

ladycatpurrs
November 11th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I hope everything goes well for you! You seem so sure of your decision and I bet you will be thrilled! A new hair style is something we all need every once and awhile!

jojo
November 12th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Hair is for enjoying, I had highlights put in and feel so much happier with my hair; thats what its about at the end of the day.

Cant wait to see your reults xx

JamieLeigh
November 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hip length was pretty fun for me, I stayed there between hip and tailbone for years. That was about the last time I can honestly remember pigtails and pigtail braids not being too difficult to deal with. :p I'm sure you'll do fine, there's no need to be nervous. I know there are a lot of hairdresser horror stories on here, but there are some positive experiences here too. Hopefully you'll be another positive. :flower: Good luck!!

Laululintu
November 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
I just got back from having my hair done. I love the new colour (a shade richer than my base) and the cut. She listened to my requests, did what I asked and kept on complimenting me on both the the thickness and the overall condition of my hair. She even listened to my point about fine-toothed combs and my hair not being the best of friends. She's definitely a keeper and worth every single cent I paid! :cheese: :applause

I love the light layering on the ends and the fact that tailbone length hair is a lot harder to sit on by accident than near classic length hair :eyebrows: :D