PDA

View Full Version : Hit a goal... sort of......

marikamt
November 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Okay- So I am going to celebrate every little win...... been stuck in mid-back for a while, with what I *thought* was no change...... today was wash day.... during my pre-wash comb out, I noticed that if I tilted my head sideways, my hair was past my elbows!! and straight back (tilted) it was at hip!!!! I think I am only 2 inches now from my goal of waist (I don't measure well, so have switched to pics and landmarks).

I know it is not a "real" achievement, but it made me so happy to know I am getting there!!!!! :cheese:

little_acorn
November 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I so hear you :D I'm stuck in the mid back abyss too!! It's funny I was noticing the same thing when washing my hair the other day and had to tell DH I was so chuffed about it!!

RancheroTheBee
November 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I always do that! It makes me feel so good to tilt back my head and feel it somewhere on my back. :rolleyes: My "tilt length" is APL.

marikamt
November 10th, 2009, 12:27 PM
:lol: good to know I am not alone....... now if I could only do a backbend, maybe I could hit knee.......

Rosamunde
November 10th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I do this too, lol! Every little bit of achievement counts though :-)

Stephichan
November 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I do this all the time. I like to tilt my head and see my ends graze my waist as I brush my teeth at night. The other day, when I was in the shower, I bent back like I used to do in dance class and felt my ends touch classic. I don't want to get quite that long, but it was an interesting feeling :D

InTheCity
November 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Laughing at the "back bend" comment.

Good for you, every goal or "goal" helps motivation and makes growing hair a whole lot more fun.

I had a moment when I was, uh, not showering, rather something else that doesn't involve clothing... and was so excited how far down my back I felt my own hair! It's a first.

whiteisle
November 10th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I'm a chronic tilter, too! LOL I can manage almost waist (of course I risk a major throat cramp in the process but hey, for the sake of growth motivation it's worth it :D)

Congrats on your progress! :)

Spring
November 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Great progress Marikamt! Are you going to show pics? :p

pepperminttea
November 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I do this too - if I tilt my head enough I can reach hip, and the very top of tailbone! :)

maskedrose
November 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Haha, yeah...I'm at waist slightly tilted, and at hip if I tilt my head back all the way. I love it :D

marikamt
November 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Great progress Marikamt! Are you going to show pics? :p

Spring, I will post pics at the end of the month.... I feel like I had a growth spurt this week (weird, I know) and want to see what happens in the next couple weeks.
Does anyone else fell like they don't grow then BOOM... growth?????

jivete
November 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Does anyone else fell like they don't grow then BOOM... growth?????

I do. I really think my hair only grows for two weeks out of the month. I'll see nothing and then suddenly it seems longer. Not sure, but I think it might be a hormone thing for me.

marikamt
November 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM
actually, if it is linked to hormones, that would make total sense why I feel like I "just" grew.......

Spring
November 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I do notice times of growth spurts as well, but during the times it doesn't seem to be doing anything, it's a little annoying...

RancheroTheBee
November 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I do. I really think my hair only grows for two weeks out of the month. I'll see nothing and then suddenly it seems longer. Not sure, but I think it might be a hormone thing for me.

Me, too! What is that? Like, I grew 1/4 right after I colored my hair, and then nothing. And then, it's going to grow another quarter soon and then stop. Very frustrating.

JamieLeigh
November 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
That's awesome! And no it's not silly to celebrate every tiny bit. If your hair journey isn't fun and exciting for you, then why do it? :flower:

marikamt
November 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
That's awesome! And no it's not silly to celebrate every tiny bit. If your hair journey isn't fun and exciting for you, then why do it? :flower:

awwww, thanks!!!! :)
I have to admit I got a real kick out of "feeling" my hair at waist and slightly past. It felt "long" for the first time ( I mean sorta LHC long)