PDA

View Full Version : Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment

funkateer
November 9th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed before...I searched it in the search bar & nothing popped up. I read pretty amazing reviews & plan to buy it for myself. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with the product/treatment?? Thanks in advance.

amaiaisabella
November 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM
We might have it in the reviews section here if you look :)

Carolyn
November 9th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't like it at all and I'm a fan of other BB's products. It was like smearing cooked snot on my head. Yuck. I haven't tried it again in several years so maybe it's been reformulated.

EvaSimone
November 9th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I tried it a year ago. It smelled nice but did absolutely nothing for my hair.

amaiaisabella
November 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
It was like smearing cooked snot on my head.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

(no, this is not a quality post, why do you ask? :D)

Xandergrammy
November 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I didn't like it at all and I'm a fan of other BB's products. It was like smearing cooked snot on my head. Yuck. I haven't tried it again in several years so maybe it's been reformulated.

:rollin: I love this description!! I didn't care for it much either.

GlassEyes
November 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
>.>;;

I love this stuff. XD; As does my mother; I got a tube of it a year ago, and she pilfered it. So now I buy it (or used to, anyway) for 'her' and steal a bit from time to time.

The smell is awesome. I like mixing it into DT's.

Cinnamon Hair
November 9th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I didn't care for it much either.

Agreed. It could be my least favorite product ever. The problem for me was the consistency. It was very thick. Did not work on dry hair. Didn't work on wet hair. Didn't work when mixed with honey and aloe vera. When I did manage to spread it through my hair it was gummy and hard to rinse. I hate to throw out products so I did my very best to find a way to make it work but there just wasn't one.

Flaxen
November 9th, 2009, 09:48 PM
... When I did manage to spread it through my hair it was gummy and hard to rinse.

That's because it's a pre-shampoo treatment. ;)

Don't, I repeat, don't use this product as a deep conditioner after shampooing. It won't work. It cannot be rinsed. Put it on soaking wet hair, let it sit for a while, and shampoo and condition as normal. OR, take a pea sized amount, smush it between your fingertips, and apply it as a leave-in to clean, wet hair, on the ends. :grin:

Cinnamon Hair
November 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
That's because it's a pre-shampoo treatment. ;)

:p Good advice! Yeah, it can't be rinsed without shampooing.

Elenna
November 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
We are all fine here!!!!

Use it on WET hair BEFORE shampoo as a preconditioner. It is a nice option when there isn't enough time for slathering coconut oil all over hair.

Shermie Girl
November 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It was like smearing cooked snot on my head.

Eeeewwww!!! :puke:

Jeni
November 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
It didnt do anything for me either but then my hair doesn't seem to care for anything that isn't chocked full of chemicals (except cassia). I actually had no luck applying it while my hair was wet (it wouldn't stick to my hair...?). I could apply it to dry hair alright providing I used enough of it.

GlassEyes
November 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM
...>.>;;

I, erm, get it out just fine with CO washing.

Carolyn
November 10th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Eeeewwww!!! :puke::D If it worked, that would be one thing, but since it didn't work for me, just :nono: Elle and I have joked that we would condition our hair with baby poop if there would be miracle results :p

vdhendrix
November 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM
i did not work for me and i tried to use it several different ways, first by itseld, then i tried mixing it with oils, then treid it in a SMT and it never did anything for me