PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your bangs?

Pburgh56
November 9th, 2009, 05:05 AM
As a newbie growing long hair I have found one major pain while growing is dealing with bangs. I have decided that when my bangs grow out I want to part them in the center and then tuck them behind my ears :) I love that look! However I was wondering if sideswept bangs would be better or to wear my bangs to the side. what do you think? Also how did you deal with your bangs as they were growing long?

hanne jensen
November 9th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I can't stand hair in my face, so i put my bangs straight back and secure with hair clips. I don'k know why I ever got them in the first place!

linda g
November 9th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I went for the side part. I have a humongo cow lick on my forehead on the one side, so it helps push my bangs to the sides.

Actually, I've NEVER been able to have actual bangs that fall down over my whole forehead, they've always divided crazily. So I lucked out when it was time to grow them! :D

Gladtobemom
November 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
My hair is very wavy, so at first, when they got down into my eyes, they would drive me crazy.

I used hairbands, cute little bobby pins, and even hairspray to keep them under control.

The the wonderful people on LHC told me about Aloe gel. :crush: I could rub a little on my hands and use it when I combed them back. That seemed to sort of keep them from ooching out, or having the ends stick up.

I think the most annoying length was when they were around upper lip level. For that period, nothing much worked except hairbands. I used cloth ones, cloth covered ones, metal ones from Ficcare, and some scarves.

I got through it, but there were numerous times when I ALMOST grabbed the scissors.

noelgirl
November 9th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Mostly I just played around with them - I often pinned them back, either in a side part or straight back, but sometimes I braided them back in a mini French braid to the side, so that they'd blend with the rest of my hair. Once they got to where I could tuck them behind my ears, the worst was over, since that was also the stage where they could finally go into a high ponytail with the rest of my hair.

CestMadeleine
November 9th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I clipped them to the sides underneath my hair, I loved the look :)

spidermom
November 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
For a guy, I think a bandana worn pirate-style is pretty useful for holding back growing-out bangs, also a cap. Also, gel is good for directing them away from your face, but keep your fingers out of your hair or you will break up the gel and then your bangs will fall right back down.

templeofvenus
November 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
cloth hairbands, metal hairbands, clips tp in it back! mine are currently past my eye level, hope they grow fast!

Arctic
November 9th, 2009, 09:17 AM
You could use gels or waxes to help you with the growing out phase, they keep your hair out of your eyes :)
You maybe are not that interested in clips or headbands as a guy.

Gumball
November 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
For a while my hair was combed back, but as it gained length I just started using a center part. My hair would never stay behind my ears (go curly hair!) so I just let it hang down until my hair was finally long enough to pull back.

Hydrilus
November 9th, 2009, 10:43 AM
The day you can put your bangs over your ears is a good one indeed! It was only a few weeks ago I finally started to part my hair down the middle and my bangs now reach quite well over my ears and stay out of my face. I've personally never been one to wear headbands or bandannas so, I just use my ears.
As for bending over though, your hair will likely slip right out from your ears so...until your hair gets much longer (and consequently heavier), you'll have to deal with that.

paperwhite
November 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Ugh, I'm going through this now. They're long enough to be a bother, but not long enough to tuck behind my ears. I'm growing out blunt bangs in a side-swept manner and have been for what feels like forever. The longest pieces are *just* long enough to sit on top of my ear, but not quite long enough to tuck. I think I'm going to try spritzing them with aloe, it seems like a good alternative to hairsprays and the like. Hopefully I'll be able to try pinning them to the side soon.

LoversLullaby
November 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I can't decide whether I want to grow out my bangs with the rest of my hair.

JCFantasy23
November 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Mine are mainly side with small wisps in the middle. I cant stand bangs in my eyes although it doesn't look bad, just bugs me too much

RocketDog
November 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I love having a soft fringe of curls around my face, but there are days where the hair won't behave or I know I'll be doing work that warrants having my hair contained, and I like using thin headbands or those little alligator clips to hold 'em back. I usually brush them straight back and then scootch the clip or headband forward to give the hair a little 'poof' at the front.

jojo
November 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I went for the side part. I have a humongo cow lick on my forehead on the one side, so it helps push my bangs to the sides.

Actually, I've NEVER been able to have actual bangs that fall down over my whole forehead, they've always divided crazily. So I lucked out when it was time to grow them! :D
Same here, though I had a fringe for many years and had to straighten them to make them cover my forehead. I now dont have a fringe but I am unable to do a centre parting due to the cowflick, i have an off centre which is where i naturally part.