PDA

View Full Version : CHI Silk Infusion coney serum

spidermom
November 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I've tried a number of coney products, and this is by far the best. All I need to make my length less tangle prone is 2 drops rubbed between my palms, then over dry hair and combed through, which is great because CHI is pricey, but it will last a long-long time. I generally add a little coconut oil to damp hair and then CHI to dry hair. It makes tangles practically fall out by themselves, contributes shine, and smells good, too. I wash with diluted shampoo and have had absolutely no problem with buildup.

Fractalsofhair
November 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
It's actually a decent coney serum for my hair, but it does dry out my hair in the long run. It really does a great job at weighing down my hair though!

Shermie Girl
November 8th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Just what I needed... Another product to lust after. :lol:

krissykins
November 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
This stuff is pretty amazing. I used it when I back when I used cones (anyone want an almost full bottle? haha) and it worked wonders. The only thing I hate about it is the smell... My boyfriend at the time accused me of cheating. :P

jojo
November 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have just ordered some from ebay, sounds just what i am looking for and its cheap too!

Anje
November 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Anyone who's protein-sensitive try this stuff? I'd love to have tangles fall out, but some of these protein-cone products seem to create more tangles than they fix after a few uses.

spidermom
November 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Anyone who's protein-sensitive try this stuff? I'd love to have tangles fall out, but some of these protein-cone products seem to create more tangles than they fix after a few uses.

I notice that one application lasts me through several shampooings. It's been 2 since the last time I used it, and tangles are still sliding out. One definitely has to be careful not to over-use a good thing.

nastasska
November 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Just what I needed... Another product to lust after. :lol:

Off to scour ebay *sigh*

jojo
November 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I got mine today only a sample sized bottle for £1.70 off ebay. I put just one drop on my hands and rubbed them together and used it on the whole of my wet hair. My hair is semi damp now but already I can feel the silkiness. I combed it when wet and no tangles which is a first for me and I love the smell.

I have put another order in for a larger bottle, this one cost just under £10 but for the teeny amount you use, it should last forever!

Thanks for sharing SM.

nastasska
November 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mine arrived yesterday.I just put some on.I hope it's genunine it was only $6.50 on ebay :lol:

Can anybody give me some signs to look for to check if it's the real thing

jojo
November 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
its thick and smells lovely, like a mans aftershave.

Desideira
November 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I am curently using CHI silk infusion and I really love how it works- it makes my hair softer and dry ends are less noticeble , I aslo nitce that my hair are more straight after I use it and its prevent frizziness form humidity. I only wish it had more femine fragrance

jojo
December 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I use it on my face too and its wonderful.

Sissy
December 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I saw this line when I went to a salon with my husband last night to get his hair cut. I'm interested in how it differs from Biosilk, which I use almost nightly as a leave-in and love. Biosilk is also heavy on cones and has alcohols in it. Is Chi Silk Infusion any different?

One product that was recommended to me to use instead of Biosilk was Kera Care. Has anyone tried that? If so, how does it compare to Biosilk and Chi Silk?

spidermom
December 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I haven't tried Biosilk so can't make a comparison.

greygoth
December 6th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the CHI tip, Spidermom. I tried this because my hair seems to be similar to yours. My hair loves this stuff - best thing I've ever used. Controls frizz but doesn't make hair heavy or sticky.

rogue_psyche
December 7th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Sally's carries a knockoff of this. It is called GVP Silk Remedy. Make sure the bottle says "Compare to CHI Silk Infusion" on the bottle because they often stock products with similar names in the same place. Here's the link to the product on their site: http://www.sallybeauty.com/GVP-Silk-Remedy/SBS-264264,default,pd.html (http://www.sallybeauty.com/GVP-Silk-Remedy/SBS-264264,default,pd.html)

I haven't used either the original or the knockoff, but all of the GVP products I have used have given me good results in comparison to the original. Just very recently I've been using their knockoff of Biolage Shine Renewal as a coney serum to try to lock my henna in. I like it so far but if it fails me in the long term I might try the CHI coney stuff.

manderly
December 7th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I use it on my face too and its wonderful.

For reals?? what does that do for you?

I like the chi a lot. No more tangles!

Sissy
December 7th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Sally's carries a knockoff of this. It is called GVP Silk Remedy. Make sure the bottle says "Compare to CHI Silk Infusion" on the bottle because they often stock products with similar names in the same place. Here's the link to the product on their site: http://www.sallybeauty.com/GVP-Silk-Remedy/SBS-264264,default,pd.html (http://www.sallybeauty.com/GVP-Silk-Remedy/SBS-264264,default,pd.html)

I haven't used either the original or the knockoff, but all of the GVP products I have used have given me good results in comparison to the original. Just very recently I've been using their knockoff of Biolage Shine Renewal as a coney serum to try to lock my henna in. I like it so far but if it fails me in the long term I might try the CHI coney stuff.

This is good to know... thanks for the info. I, too, have had good results with most of the GVP line at Sally's that I've tried. Nice way to save some dash!

Neoma
January 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
I broke down and bought a bottle of this from Ricky's today. My hair already had a bunch of cones from today's cleansing and leave-in routine, but of course I had to use a little of this, too. It smells really good -- soft and spicy, a bit like a quality men's cologne, but soft and not overpowering.

My hair is super shiny and smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing how this stuff works in the long run.

Zaane
January 24th, 2010, 09:45 PM
CHI silk infusion is amazing............it completely takes the frizz away from my hair and makes my damaged ends nice and smooth :P

Aer
January 24th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Just to let some of you know, I've seen this product at CVS drugstore at a decent price, so if your interested in it, and have a CVS near you, then you won't have to order online!

Carolyn
January 25th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Just to let some of you know, I've seen this product at CVS drugstore at a decent price, so if your interested in it, and have a CVS near you, then you won't have to order online!Thanks, I hate ordering on line and paying shipping.

Wicked Princess
January 25th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I just noticed this thread - this is my favorite serum! It's also the only product I use with silicones in it.

I use a tiny amount once every several washes (so maybe once or twice a month). Despite being SLS-free and practically never clarifying...I haven't noticed any problems with buildup. Then again, my shampoo is fairly...thorough...for something that is sulfate free. :o

I have to apply it to my hair when it's dry, though. I've tried applying it to my hair wet, and could swear it didn't do anything. No frizz control, no softness, no shiny hair. Added to my dry hair, though, and I get all of those things!

halo_tightens
January 25th, 2010, 08:26 AM
This thread is confusing me... I'm trying to figure out if the scent has changed since I last used this product!

It's been a couple of years since I used any; I used to use it before flatironing. This makes me cringe now, but my stylist insisted that we use lots of it before ironing, enough to produce a big blast of steam from the heat. Yeah, awful-- but, the smell of that steam was one of my favorite things on this earth.

I wouldn't describe it AT ALL in the ways that everyone has described it in this thread. Maybe I just have a different nose, I hope!! But-- does anyone know if it's differently scented than it was a couple of years back? I'd really be sad if that smell didn't exist anymore...

manderly
January 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
It has a very masculine scent. Like something a man's deodorant or cologne would smell like.

akilina
January 25th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I love the stuff! I got two little sample size bottles of it for 2 dollars each at a salon at least a year ago. I used it pretty frequently and I haven't even unsealed the second bottle yet. I haven't been using it lately though. I've been using jojoba oil or this other product i have that my hair likes.

Neoma
January 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I love this stuff. It works best for me when I let my hair air dry, then apply a drop of CHI. If I apply it while my hair is still wet, my hair ends up looking frizzy and not the least bit shiny. When I apply it after my hair is dry, it leaves my hair shiny, silky, smooth and soft. That's a lot of alliterative goodness from one little coney product! :D

Wicked Princess
January 26th, 2010, 11:12 PM
After all the comments about the smell of this stuff, I just had to go to the bathroom, put a little on my finger and see what it smells like.

I don't think it's particularly masculine. It's not a flower, fruit, or herb scent, either. It actually seems fairly gender neutral to me. It smells like...a nice smelling product of some sort, heh! :D

Velvettt
January 27th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I've been using this for a couple of months now. I put a couple of drops on my hands and coat the bottom 4 inches of my hair. It does last through 2 or 3 shampoos, too.

Problem I'm discovering now is that my ends are desert dry. It's really bad. I think I'll go back to coconut oil or Fox's leave in for awhile.

chickpea
January 27th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Just to let some of you know, I've seen this product at CVS drugstore at a decent price, so if your interested in it, and have a CVS near you, then you won't have to order online!

At my local CVS store, they keep the Chi silk infusion behind the counter. Apparently it's a high theft item!

I've been using a small amount of this serum on my hair this winter and really like it. I use it alone or mixed with a few drops of camellia or argan oil. Chi doesn't make my hair completely tangle free, but it helps and makes my hair feel silky soft.

Neoma
January 28th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I've been using a small amount of this serum on my hair this winter and really like it. I use it alone or mixed with a few drops of camellia or argan oil. Chi doesn't make my hair completely tangle free, but it helps and makes my hair feel silky soft.
Ohhhhh, that's a great idea. I'll have to try that.

One drop is enough to detangle my hair, which is waist length, pretty much straight and baby fine.

Wind
January 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I saw this for $6.00 a bottle at T.J. Maxx's last weekend and was very tempted to pick some up, as my hair does well with cones. But I wondered about why exactly it was there, if it would be somehow "expired" or less potent. Can products like these go bad?

petitepraline
January 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I loved how this stuff made my ends soooo soft! But when I stopped using it, I noticed a ton of split ends. I guess it does dry out your hair in the long run :(

nowxisxforever
January 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm. I might have to try this. I think it's important that if you're using such a coney product, though, to clarify your ends at least once a week. But it sounds like it smells good at least!! :)

manderly
January 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I saw this for $6.00 a bottle at T.J. Maxx's last weekend and was very tempted to pick some up, as my hair does well with cones. But I wondered about why exactly it was there, if it would be somehow "expired" or less potent. Can products like these go bad?

No. That was an excellent deal and you should run back and buy it :)

Razor
January 28th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I think I am gona follow the trend and try to find a sample bottle.
Its detangling properties sound great.
off to ebay we go !!!!:cheese: