PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on combing on washing days...

Little_Bird
November 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hello LHC'ers, I need help!

For the last couple of months, I haven't been able to comb my hair so easily after washing. This is my method:

I wash it in the morning, I don't comb it before washing.
I let it airdry, and usually put it in a braid after it dries (I haven't done this for a while and maybe it's what's causing the dificulties?)
Comb it with a tide toothed comb

Lately I have been having LOTS of knots, I think maybe it's the conditioner which can be very strong or I haven't been washing it off enough... I have been having breakage in washing days because of these knots, and it's kinda frustrating =S

Is there something you'd recomend me doing? I have very wavy natural hair texture, and it smooths out with combing to the texture you can see most of my pictures... Maybe I should do a severe fingercombing before I pull out the comb on these days? Should I take even more time to comb my hair on washing days? Hmm...

Any advice?

Thank's for reading :flower:

spidermom
November 7th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I think you should give it a really good combing or even brushing before you wash it, try not to mess it around too much while you wash it, and comb conditioner through. Then don't comb it again until it dries. I don't remember what you think about cones, but I've discovered this coney serum called CHI silk infusion that makes my tangles practically fall out by themselves.

jojo
November 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I always comb my hair prior to washing, also whilst my hair is being rinsed under the shower I comb it with my fingers or a shower comb, then I sometimes put a little conditioner on the last inch. This works for me, I also have wavy hair but unfortunatelly not your lovely thickness. My hair tangles like mad, but the above works for me, i also put oils in the ends every morning, since doing this I find hardly any splits either!

Good luck!

Little_Bird
November 7th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Spidermom!

I knew you'd be the first to reply ;)
My hair likes cones actually, and my conditioner has cones.
I used to detangle my hair in the shower, with the conditioner on, but I am scared of breakage =S I might try it tough! I also know I should probably detangle it before washing -_-

Hmm... let's see more ideas =D Thank you so much Spidermom! I'll try out your advice! :flower:

Jojo, thank's so much for the input too! I will definitly try the ideas both of you gave me :)

jojo
November 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Another thought, try letting your hair drip dry, no towels except over your shoulders, after you have combed under running water. Not only does this make my hair less tangly but gives a mirror like shine!

Its just time consuming, but worth it!

BlndeInDisguise
November 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe you could try clarifying? It's possible there's enough build-up that it's causing tangles.

pepperminttea
November 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I think you should give it a really good combing or even brushing before you wash it, try not to mess it around too much while you wash it, and comb conditioner through. Then don't comb it again until it dries.

This, exactly. I did try not combing before a wash once, and my goodness the tangles afterwards were madness. :(

spidermom
November 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Spidermom!

I knew you'd be the first to reply ;)
:)

Oh no; I've become predictable. I hate that! I want people to never know what I'm going to do.

Little_Bird
November 8th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Oh no; I've become predictable. I hate that! I want people to never know what I'm going to do.

Lol... Don't worry Spidermom! I only knew because I noticed you were online in the forum, and you always reply to my threads :D Thank's so much for the input you always give me :flower:

:blossom:

plainjanegirl
November 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe you could try clarifying? It's possible there's enough build-up that it's causing tangles.

This is one thing that came to mind to me too. Worth a try right?