PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a bitter (unripe) avocado in my hair mask?

fragolina
November 7th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I should have waited ... but now that I've skinned it, it's too late. It's bitter, I guess it's simply unripe. Could this damage my hair? I read that you have to use a very ripe one.

:confused:

EvaSimone
November 7th, 2009, 02:43 AM
I doubt it would do damage. The one thing you would have to be wary about is the fact that their will be chunks that just won't mush. Then they will get caught in your hair and be hard to get out.

I did a banana mask and didn't mush them enough. I picked banana chunks out of my hair for two days!

Good luck!

fragolina
November 7th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I doubt it would do damage. The one thing you would have to be wary about is the fact that their will be chunks that just won't mush. Then they will get caught in your hair and be hard to get out.

I did a banana mask and didn't mush them enough. I picked banana chunks out of my hair for two days!

Good luck!

Thank you.

I just mushed it with the hand blender and it worked very well! It has a joghurt-consistency. I added joghurt, honey and a teaspoon (or less) of vinegar.

I did a banana mask once, too! ;-)

fragolina
November 7th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I exaggerated when I said it has joghurt-consistency. Actually, it has not, now that I've touched it *lol*
However, I'll survive ... ;-)

Heavenly Locks
November 7th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I think that the 'very' ripe recommendation is because it should be smooth when blended. If you manage to get a green one blended well, I don't see there being a problem. :)

clairenewcastle
November 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
My experience of blending an unripe avacado and then using it left me with "bits" in my hair which were hell to get out, I had to shampoo an extra time which rather defeated the purpose.

fragolina
November 8th, 2009, 04:26 AM
My experience of blending an unripe avacado and then using it left me with "bits" in my hair which were hell to get out, I had to shampoo an extra time which rather defeated the purpose.

I did not have this problem, neither with the banana, nor with the unripe avocado. I did have bits in my hair, of course, but while washing I simply combed my hair for ... five minutes? Yes, my arm hurt, but I did not have bits in my hair for a few days, like some others told me.