PDA

View Full Version : WO with a filter?

whiteisle
November 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
We went to Lowe's today and I bought a shower filter. I've been CO for a few weeks and have been doing really well with it but I'd like to start breaking that up with some WO in between.

Do you think a filter would help increase the success of WO?

whiteisle
November 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I did WO today with my new filter and I really think it's going to make a difference. :) My hair doesn't feel nearly as gunky, rough, and full of tangles like when I've done WO washes in the past. It's actually pretty soft and fluffy but not frizzy. I'm interested to see how it does the longer I do this.
So perhaps good news for those who might like to give it a go but the water's an issue. The filter we bought was only $19 and included a filter that lasts 6 months. We also purchased an additional replacement filter for $10. Not too bad of a deal for a year's worth of better hair! lol :D

Shiva
November 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I don't know a thing about WO and have never tried it myself, but I am a huge supporter of showerhead filters especially after dilly-dallying around for a year and a half trying to figure out what was causing my hair to break off like it was because of my high iron well water.

LadyLongLocks
November 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Although I have never tried WO, I do use a filter and have for about a year. I think it helps a lot.
My hair is softer and easier to comb out.
Got my filter at Home Depot for 20.00!