PDA

View Full Version : any dyed black haired LHC members out there?

templeofvenus
November 6th, 2009, 12:59 AM
just wondering who out there has dyed black hair (I do) have you tried to go dark brown then gone back to black? I did recently and find black is addictive!!! once you go black its hard to give it up lol

Flynn
November 6th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Uh-oh! I'm planning to trial black (using manic panic) soon... O.o

templeofvenus
November 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I love black go for it! it always looks nice ans shiny when its black, I use garnier nutrisse, hope you like the black bet it will look great :)

prittykitty
November 6th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Yes, I use to dye my hair black. My natural color is dark brown and there have been a few times that I wanted black hair again. If I could get black hair from henna I would do it.

GlassEyes
November 6th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Yes, I use to dye my hair black. My natural color is dark brown and there have been a few times that I wanted black hair again. If I could get black hair from henna I would do it.
Well, erm, you can, with an henna-indigo two step. :p t's fairly impossible to remove, however.

I've been dyed black before, and I somewhat miss it. :o Though, granted, it doesn't look terribly different on me--my hair is a dark ashy brown already.

mhiap
November 6th, 2009, 04:22 AM
I used to dye my hair black for years. Then I stopped and had it brown or dark brown for a while. Then I thought I missed having it black. So I recently dyed it with semi-permanent to see if I wanted to keep it black or not. Well I decided I preferred dark brown after all but the black never washed out! I've been trying to fade it out with limited success, it's extremely dark brown now, not quite black. Stupid so-called semi permanent!

WaimeaWahine
November 6th, 2009, 05:17 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=889&highlight=chem

There's several of us in there. :)

BlackfootHair
November 6th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I dye my hair black with Goldwell Colorance. I love it! It's only a demi, but stays like a permanent on my hair without any nasty ammonia. My head hates ammonia. It burns and stings when I have it on. I also find the demi is much more gentle on my hair, and therefore looks much more shiny and natural. I see so many young girls running around with dyed black hair who haven't got a clue how fake it looks. It's not that the color doesn't look good on them, it's because of how dry and damaged their hair looks. No shine, resembles straw... I had a stylist once ask me if it was my natural hair color. I told her no, but I am obsessed with making sure it's shiny. She said that that's why it was confusing her. Usually you don't see light skinned people with that dark of hair, but it looked so shiny and natural she was confused, she said. She said it looked good though. :D I try. :) lol

RavennaNight
November 6th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Hi! :waving: I have been dyeing my hair black for over 5 years. I am naturally blonde. Having used boxed dyes, they are very drying and made my head itch. Over a year ago I switched to Henna & indigo 2 step process and I am very happy with the results. It is now black and much healthier!

Thinthondiel
November 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I recently dyed my hair black again. My natural hair colour is a dark brown (lighter than in my signature pic, though), and my hair had faded to a bit darker than my natural colour before I dyed it again. I'm not sure if I can say I'm addicted... I love having black hair, but I also like letting it fade to my normal colour (or close to it anyway), and I like dyeing it red as well. Black is my favourite, though. It makes my hair look so shiny (now that I'm doing WO anyway - before I started WO-ing, my hair wasn't shiny no matter what colour it was).

ladycatpurrs
November 6th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I am a dye-head also. My natural color is almost black, with lots of red highlights...but lots of gray too. So I had my stylist match my darkest color and while I am not blue-black, it is a lovely shade. I use the Redken line, demi, and I shine! Sadly though, my nose is a bit long and pointy (my ex-husband pokes the end of my nose and yells ow!, glad he is my ex) so I look a bit "wicked witch of the west" with my long black hair, LOL!! Too bad I am not a young goth girl!!

RancheroTheBee
November 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Here! My natural hair color is a dark reddish blonde. I keep up with my roots with a semi-permanent, which usually fades to a darker brown, as I'm trying to grow out the black. It's addicting and beautiful, but the upkeep can be a huge pain.

rach
November 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
i've used temporary in the past and loved the colour. sadly the colour made me look rather pale so it's not much of an option for me as a permanent solution. i may give the manic panic a go one day just for fun as a temp.
people who have used henna-indigo two step have some pretty sunning but it's very, very, very permanent.

morguebabe
November 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I dye mine blue black. LOVE it

kmoc123
November 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM
mine is black underneath...

Nera
November 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I do!
Black looks much better on me. My hair lightens like crazy in the summer, and ifI dye it black, it looks great with my brown skin.
My hair grows out dark-brown, but, in the summer becomes blonde. Really blonde.

bijoux
November 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I recently used manic panic "raven" to dye black. It was quite blue, and with my natural blonde hair a tinge green. This color may work for others but i didnt like it at all and dyed over with left over punky color poppy red (manic panic like dye) mixed with conditioner. I ended up with pink/purple hair, that is quite bright at the top and darker at the ends cause of the fading blue/black dye. I really like it, for now at least. When this fades a bit more I will use a darker red attempt to get an auburn color, but if i get purple it will be nice too.

JessTheMess
November 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I recently dyed it soft black...hence my little slogan under my name :o It was the closest match to my roots and it got rid of the coppery red ends that I ended up with. I love it!! It didn't affect the health of my hair at all either. :cheese:

velvetcat
November 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I've dyed mine black since I was 17 (I'm almost 30). I've had the occasional spurt of dark red, but I always end up black again.

I wish it were natural, I'd never dye it, I'm so devoted to the color.

Cholera
November 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I've been dying my hair black with Ion Jet Black. I do a deposit-only, and it's been fading to a very pretty dark brown. I'm planning to go back to brown next time I dye, but Black is addictive!

RocketDog
November 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I dyed my hair black several times and enjoyed the color, along with all the dramatic makeup I could do without worrying about 'clashing' with my haircolor. I loved how shiny my hair always looked when it was black, too.