PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Julia Dreyfus' Hair

pinchbeck
November 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Julia Dreyfus was born with killer locks. Currently she is sporting a shoulder length layered straightened style.

In the past her hair was long, curly and bouncy. Although she looks great with her new hairstyle wouldn't it be nice to see those very long curls again?

RancheroTheBee
November 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I always thought she looked really odd with straightened hair. There's a possibility that I'm projecting, too, because I also feel like I look really weird with straightened hair.

Aer
November 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I like her hair curly, it doesn't look bad straight, but I think curly fits her better. Plus, the straightened style doesn't look so natural on her.

Shermie Girl
November 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I agree. The shorter, straighter hair is pretty enough, but it doesn't seem to be "her". I always thought that her long, curly hair just suited her more and it was really lovely, too. :)

Themyst
November 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I'm thinking she probably doesn't have a personal choice in the matter. If she wishes to stay in show biz, she must go along with what her producers and agents think is 'in' at the moment. I preferred the curls and thought she looked better with them, too.

Nocturnal
November 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I think she looks beautiful with either hairstyle. I also can understand wanting a change from classic look.
But I do like her long and curly style better.

2peasinapod
November 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I just looked her up, and I have to agree that she looks much better with bouncy, curly hair. At first I thought straight wasn't so bad, but after I saw curly, it just looks like it's there, not really doing anything for her.

She may not have had much choice in the matter, but I don't think her current style really suits her.

Brat
November 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I think the curls keep her in the Elaine roll. Instead of seeing her, people who see her with her natural hair see her character, not her. She's a different person straight-haired. JMO

MotherConfessor
November 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Makes sense Brat

Shiva
November 5th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I love 'lainey!

JamieLeigh
November 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I can understand not wanting to be typecast forever into the Elaine role, but the longer locks did suit her much better.

I always thought she was pretty, I love her smile. :)

christi.adell
November 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I think she looks a lot better now than in her Seinfield days.
I usually adore curly hair but to me she looks so much nicer straightened.

Sissy
November 6th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I think she looks great both ways.

Shiva
November 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I think she looks great both ways.

I concur! yes indeedy.

:agree:

Elainehali
November 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Curls must have something to do with "Elaine" hair.

People have said I dont look like an "Elaine" cause mine is so straight.:violin:

JCFantasy23
November 7th, 2009, 05:00 AM
I'm surprised at myself but after viewing a few pics, I think it may look better on her than before. Either way she was always cute to me.

pinchbeck
November 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Curls must have something to do with "Elaine" hair.

People have said I dont look like an "Elaine" cause mine is so straight.:violin:

The name 'Elaine' is not very common, is it? My name is, Elaine, too!:D

wendyg
November 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I don't like her - or, really, anyone's - hair straightened. It never looks natural, just processed. And she had amazing hair in her Seinfeld days. She was the whole reason I bought my first scrunchie. :)

But Elaine is actually a very common name. Not necessarily in English. But if you look at the tennis tour, Elena is *the* most common name among the Russian and Eastern European players (and because there are so many of them, overall, too).

wg

LovingLife
November 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I find the more famous a girl becomes the straighter her hair becomes and the slimmer she becomes.. Jordin Sparks is a prime example

pinchbeck
November 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I find the more famous a girl becomes the straighter her hair becomes and the slimmer she becomes.. Jordin Sparks is a prime example
I am not a follower of Jordin Sparks, but I just looked her up because I didn't realize she had gone through physical changes. In the movie The Mummy II, Rachel Weiss also appeared thinner and it was hard wrapping my mind around her new appearance since I was used to her in the first movie and remembered thinking she was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen!

The pressure is on for all celebrities. Hillary Duff is another example. Julia Dreyfus suits both her long curls and her straightened shorter do, but it is nice to see a person's hair in its natural unaltered state.

Beauty comes in all sizes and styles!

pinchbeck
November 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I don't like her - or, really, anyone's - hair straightened. It never looks natural, just processed. And she had amazing hair in her Seinfeld days. She was the whole reason I bought my first scrunchie. :)

But Elaine is actually a very common name. Not necessarily in English. But if you look at the tennis tour, Elena is *the* most common name among the Russian and Eastern European players (and because there are so many of them, overall, too).

wg

Perhaps I shouldn't have been more specific! The actual name 'Elaine' isn't a common name in North America. There are similar names such as: Ellen, Helen, and Eileen, however.

The names: Elena and Eliana are close to the name 'Elaine', but are not exact and are more widely used outside of North America as you stated.