PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

blondecat
November 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I am writing this as a positive posting

My hair is now down to my wrists, but, still very very thin [think fairytail from waist down].
The thinness was due to extreem drama in my life. I lost a lot over a week [about 2/3rds of my total hair]

This was in this last year.

I need a change.

I was thinking about a fringe

Feathering around my face and neck

And then 1 or 2 layers down to the bottom. Oddly layers adds visual thickness to my hair.

I still have good condition all the way to my waist, so that is where I was thinking of stopping.... My waist.

I will still have Long hair

We have just had our silver anniversery [25] And I feel like a change. I have had the same cut for that long.

OK people, I need comments, Good and bad. Pro's and Con's

I need to concider all things *before * I do this.

marikamt
November 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I think it sounds lovely! Go for it! You are right, it is still long, and if you choose to re-grow and see if it is in better condition, you can!

Stephichan
November 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
If it makes you feel good about yourself and your hair, then go for it! It is your hair after all. You're right: it'll still be long, and it's hair for goodness sakes, it grows. The only cons that I can see are that of course all of your hair won't go neatly into updos, and if/when you decide to grow out your fringe it will take a while with a few awkward stages. But again, it's your hair, and if you're itching for a change, cutting to waist with some layers and fringe is probably better than cutting to a pixie.

jojo
November 4th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Id say go for it, the only problem with a fringe is that it takes some of the thickness away and takes forever to grow out.

Waist is still long and if you dont like it you at least know you have the genes to grow longer if you want.

blondecat
November 5th, 2009, 05:55 PM
OK Peeps, Im going in, for the cut, in about an hrs time. I'll let u'all know how it goes.

Wish me luck :)

Shermie Girl
November 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Waiting for pictures... :drama: :D

GlennaGirl
November 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Good luck, blondecat!!!!

I love my face-framing fringes (I hesitate to call them layers but I guess technically that's what they are). They just make everything "fall" so nicely.

On wavy hair that will be absolutely, positively gorgeous.

I can't wait to see pics!!!

Roseate
November 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on your silver anniversary, and enjoy your new cut! I have layers too, I really like them. :)

pdy2kn6
November 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Good luck, can't wait to see pics

Rini
November 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I wanna see pics too!!! I bet it will look beautiful no matter what ;)

Bluebell
November 6th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Congratulations on your silver aniversary!
I think you will be happy with your new hair. I did the same a few days ago and I don't regret it.
Your hair will still be very long and you will love the way it will feel, thick, healthy!
I can't wait to see pictures!!:cheese:

Redheaded Raven
November 6th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your silver anniversary and going for a change, blondecat.
Of course you know that without pics, it didn't happen, right? :lol::wink: :drama:

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 02:46 AM
This is my thin hair, it simply got longer

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/DSCF1665.jpg

And this is my new haircut.The pic is terrible, But, I am very happy with it in *real life* lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/DSCF1663.jpg

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 02:56 AM
The Cut:

I am very happy with. She took her time, double shecked lenght before cutting, and I mean everything.

She checked the lenght I wanted for my fringe, she tripple checked what I wanted as my end lenght and then showed me exactly where she intended to cut.

My hair went from 49 inches to 32 inches.

But, It looks a little thicker :)

Yes, I am a little sunburnt in the new pic

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Will try and take a pic in the sunlight tomorow, everything shows up better.

MerryKat
November 6th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Looks beautiful and the most important thing is that you are happy with your hair.

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Looks beautiful and the most important thing is that you are happy with your hair.

Yes, I am happier. I'd be happier if I had thickness like in your Pic, the one at bottom left. gorgous. Drool/Envy.

I my hair had been that thick, I would have not cut.

But, Such is life.

2 steps forwards, 1 step back. I'll gain ground, eventually ['cause Im stubborn lol]

I'm still gonna be that little ol lady with the Walking stick, threatening the littleUms, that Bread crusts will make your *chest Hair * Curly <<giggles>>

And Im going to have a big silver bun. <<stamps my foot, 'there goes my foot' so it is done LOL>>

Thank You all for you patience <<grining>>

Chrissy
November 6th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I like it. Your hair is still long and you look very happy. It's good to have a stylist that understands you still want it long.

JamieLeigh
November 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
You look very nice! I agree that long hair is much more fun to have when you are happy with the way it looks. :flower: It's still very long by real world standards, and still very beautiful. And congratulations on your silver anniversary! :)

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
That is ADORABLE. Still very long, romantic, princess-like (IME) with that little bit of shape in the front. Just lovely, it's the perfect style for you!

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thank You all :)

I plaited my hair upside down last night [tip head downwards, then plait]

And now I've got nice waves, and they fall very nicely around my face, Shoulders and back.

And yes, In the daylight, my hair does look thicker. Yahhh

Im happy :) :) :)

Pic, stilll comming, having troulbe with Photobucket.

Amara
November 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
That looks lovely! :)

rags
November 7th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I think she did a great job with it - your hair is lovely!

blondecat
November 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Thank You both :)

OK the problem isn't photobucket, for some reason my PC lost Java.

pilateschick7
November 7th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I love your new cut. It is amazing how much body and movement layers can add when they are well placed. The fringe is also very flattering. :)

blondecat
November 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Thank You. :)

Yes, when she cuts layers, she allows for the natural wave of my hair. It certainly does help.

Bonkers57
November 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Looking good! And, like someone else said, if YOU are happy with it, that's most important.

You're showing me what I have to look forward to - same texture and just about the same color :) Your fringe is swooped to either side, right? (It's a bit hard for me to see the pic.)

This is my thin hair, it simply got longer

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/DSCF1665.jpg

And this is my new haircut.The pic is terrible, But, I am very happy with it in *real life* lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/DSCF1663.jpg

pinchbeck
November 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
You definitely have length and I am sorry that you have lost so much hair due to going through a hard time. It is difficult to determine if you'll suit a fringe without seeing photos. I checked your profile and you don't have photo albums.

Getting a change sometimes makes us feel renewed, sexy, and prettier! But...in doing this you have to make sure that you won't have any regrets and that if you do get a fringe it won't bug your forehead.

If you have photos of yourself with a fringe, create a photo album with and without a fringe so we can get an idea of how it looks. Cutting in some layers is a good idea to give the illusion of fullness while your hair recovers. They can easily be grown out should you decide you prefer one length.

A change can be exciting and fun! Enjoy it.

Edit: I didn't read your replies. I prefer not to be influenced by other members' replies so I like to skip over them and add my thoughts.

bigmama8
November 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Your haircut looks very lovely! Congrats on your anniversary!

Roseate
November 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
It looks great! I love the soft fringe around your face, very flattering, and your hair still looks wonderfully long. Beautiful!

little_acorn
November 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Looks like a good cut and I'm so glad your happy :flower:

jojo
November 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I really like it and I cannot see any difference in the length to be honest, it looks like its got more body and the fringe really suits you.

blondecat
November 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Looking good! And, like someone else said, if YOU are happy with it, that's most important.

You're showing me what I have to look forward to - same texture and just about the same color :) Your fringe is swooped to either side, right? (It's a bit hard for me to see the pic.)

Yes, it feathers down my face and neck. Tickles lol,

blondecat
November 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
You definitely have length and I am sorry that you have lost so much hair due to going through a hard time. It is difficult to determine if you'll suit a fringe without seeing photos. I checked your profile and you don't have photo albums.

Getting a change sometimes makes us feel renewed, sexy, and prettier! But...in doing this you have to make sure that you won't have any regrets and that if you do get a fringe it won't bug your forehead.

If you have photos of yourself with a fringe, create a photo album with and without a fringe so we can get an idea of how it looks. Cutting in some layers is a good idea to give the illusion of fullness while your hair recovers. They can easily be grown out should you decide you prefer one length.

A change can be exciting and fun! Enjoy it.

Edit: I didn't read your replies. I prefer not to be influenced by other members' replies so I like to skip over them and add my thoughts.

Many many thanks for your thoughts, it's good to have.

Yes, Fringes do tend to suit me, I have a high forehead

I don't have an albun because I don't own a camera of Any sort.

The layer [only 1] has helped create an ilusion of more hair, Thankfully

And your right, Change is exciting
I feel *reguventated* <<giggles>>> :)

blondecat
November 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Thank You'all I hope to get Pics tonight.

We are having dinner with about 20 family and friends to celebrate 25 yrs of married life. The Good, The Bad, The Chaos and the giggles.

And to think I still Love Him, Shock Horror lol