PDA

View Full Version : can effects of drying shampoo be felt a few washes?

juliaxena
November 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I had to use a very harsh shampoo due to medical reasons. It was horrible. It dryed my hair like mad! I haven't had time to DC yet, I only put my conditioner on for 5 minutes after wash. My hair is not back to itself yet. Do you think I could still be feeling drying effects of the shampoo or should I blame my conditioner? I'm defo not using that shampoo again though!

pinchbeck
November 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM
What about giving it a nice oil over with coconut oil and than going in the shower to rinse it off after an hour or two? It comes off pretty easily.

juliaxena
November 4th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I washed and conditioned, it's better now. I never knew shampoo can be so evil. My hair felt worse after it than when I was bleachinh it in the old days (no, I have no hair from that time lol). I guess it has to be that way to get all the scalp flakes off.

RancheroTheBee
November 4th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Have you always used the same conditioner?

juliaxena
November 4th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Not always, I found this one after I had a cassia dry out accident. Before that different conditioners worked for me, now they don't. Sometimes I think my hair can't quite decide if it likes this one, but sometimes it seems perfect.