PDA

View Full Version : updos and styles with hair down

mommy2one05
April 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
I need some new ideas of how to do my hair please.
my hair is waist length and fairly thick, though i am experienceing post partum shedding

AJoifulNoise
April 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
I highly recommend this site (http://www.longhairloom.com/stylingstationcentral.html) for styling ideas.

Plus, there are some tutorials in the Articles section on this site.

Curlsgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
I find the most comfortable style is a half-up or braid because I so easily get scalp-aches. If I get my hair out of my face I'm okay. Of course with a little one you want to make sure they don't grab the hair! Mine did that when he was little and actually pulled a knot on my head! :tmi:

Isilme
April 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
try a dutch braid, it's like a french braid with the different you put the strands UNDER each other and the braid appears on top of the head instead or hidden.

mommy2one05
April 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
I find the most comfortable style is a half-up or braid because I so easily get scalp-aches. If I get my hair out of my face I'm okay. Of course with a little one you want to make sure they don't grab the hair! Mine did that when he was little and actually pulled a knot on my head! :tmi:

what is a half up? I am still new to the hair up thing and hadnt heard of that

spidermom
April 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
There are good suggestions for hair that length in an older thread on the Mane Forum called Waist+ quick/easy. Look for it. I'm still trying things from that thread.

birdiefu
April 22nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I lost hair everywhere during my post-partum sheds, I had to keep it up/contained or it would engulf me and everyone else in my family! That and the baby loves to 'play' (pull, tangle, or trap herself in) any hanging hair. I would say play with fun bun styles to play it safe, like figure 8, orchid, nautilus, equilibrium, etc buns. If you do a serach with their names, you should run into instruction threads.

AJoifulNoise
April 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
what is a half up? I am still new to the hair up thing and hadnt heard of that

Half up is when the top part of your hair is up (braid, bun, ponytail) and the bottom half is still down. Like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/April132008Upload014.jpg

Basically, it's a way to wear your hair down, without having it in your face.

loves2spin
April 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
You will have the shedding for a while, but it WILL end, and then you'll have this crop of cute fuzzies for a while. My babies always liked to play with my hair when I was nursing them, so I usually left it down. One time I had it cut so short that I had to lean my head over when I was nursing baby #4 so she could reach it! Congratulations, by the way! :)

lookingglass
April 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
I like a mock (aka messy) french twist with a hair fork. It's easy, quick, looks good messy, keeps the hair out of my face, and holds those loose hairs away from baby fingers!

mommy2one05
April 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
thanks for everybodys advice
greatly appreciated